Kent.

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Was good against Tarriers.

Awful last week- scored a goal.

looks like he could be arsed today = get the ball, pass it sideways and hope that they can do something.

I get what u mean about today but I'll be honest sometimes we asking him to do the impossible.

Beat 3/4men and make something happen. Playing him in a central position makes it easy to mark him.

He should be out wide like he started at Rangers

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I get what u mean about today but I'll be honest sometimes we asking him to do the impossible.

Beat 3/4men and make something happen. Playing him in a central position makes it easy to mark him.

He should be out wide like he started at Rangers

We’re asking him, as a 7 million pound signing, to create and score goals in the Scottish Premiership.

And yes, he struggles in every game against the Aberdeens and Kilmarnocks of the league.

Hibs and Tarriers apart, he’s been a massive letdown since returning.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re asking him, as a 7 million pound signing, to create and score goals in the Scottish Premiership.

And yes, he struggles in every game against the Aberdeens and Kilmarnocks of the league.

7million or whatever mate he's no a 10get him on the left wing and let him do his thing 

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Was good against Tarriers.

Awful last week- scored a goal.

looks like he could be arsed today = get the ball, pass it sideways and hope that they can do something.

He might have been poor but he never looked like he couldn’t be arsed

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

What summed Kent's form up just now ( and most of the squad tbf ) was on wed night he got the ball about 30 yards out on the wing after a corner and instead of trying to create something he played a 5 yard square pass to goldson and left it up too him 

Think this is the problem mate, its as if the team has this crippling anxiety when it comes to the final third 

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Think this is the problem mate, its as if the team has this crippling anxiety when it comes to the final third 

Its frustrating as fuck and I cant work out what has gone wrong , we have played some great football at times this season , scored some world class goals where the speed and accuracy of our passing has been brilliant,  we go for the break buzzing and should have been flying when we started back but now everything is laboured and slow and the players dont appear to have any confidence in themselves 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Its frustrating as fuck and I cant work out what has gone wrong , we have played some great football at times this season , scored some world class goals where the speed and accuracy of our passing has been brilliant,  we go for the break buzzing and should have been flying when we started back but now everything is laboured and slow and the players dont appear to have any confidence in themselves 

We are flat track bullies mate. One goal and we will score 5. Its getting the one thats the grind 

Kent has always been inconsistent. He's always had clutches of games where he's had plenty of the ball and delivered little final product. It's not a new thing. It's clearly what he is as a player. It's why I was surprised we saw him as a 7 million player. I guess we were hoping he'd become more regularly productive as he matured. Not showing any signs of that happening.

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It's fucking mind boggling! 

I get why people look to what the 'big name' players don't do or haven't done when things go wrong but i reckon it's more what the 'average' players contribute that often make the difference between winning and losing. Kent was far from our worst player yesterday and actually started a few very fast breaks that unfortunately eventuated as missed opportunities. His part in moving the team forward though was obvious. Looking at yesterdays starting line-up:

Shagger was superb. Had nothing to do in midweek and for large parts of yesterday but when called upon, magnificent.

Polster, an average player but not in a million years a top flight Rangers player. When we were climbing back up through the leagues, he would have been a reliable squad member

Goldson, composed and dependable, good game

Katic, fucking cart horse apart from his heading ability. He's marginally better than Worrall was. Edmundson must start Weds

Barisic, suffering a form drop since the break. Every free kick is the same, no variety at all and his crosses have dried up

Arfield, lots of endeavour and never stops trying but with those around him off form, he's struggling a bit. Thought it unfair to pull him off yesterday.

Davis, pish again. Resorts to that looping long ball every time he finds space and it invariably fails

Kamara, pish again. Waits far too long on the ball when in possession and no longer winning the ball back when out of possession

Aribo, none of those rare skilful mazy runs that when he's on form make you think he could be a Rangers player

Morelos, wasted several good positions yesterday that a Morelos in form would have done better with. I's easy to argue that we shouldn't expect too much on his first game back but that's HIS fucking fault

Kent, too many first touch lay offs that look like he's simply racking up his stats for completed passes. Showed glimpses but in a team in form, we'd hardly notice he isn't firing on all cylinders

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

:lol: He's not doing anything more or less than he did last season.

I wasn't for spending 7 million on him at all because I felt there were likely a player out there for the same money who was already the finished article.

He’s worth every penny of that £7m.  He won us the 3pts away to Hamilton.  His goal against celtic at Parkhead was superb (and if we didn’t win that day the title race really would be over).  Against Hearts he scored a fantastic individual goal running the ball the length of the park, passed it to Barisic, then got in to the box to receive it and score the goal.  

Barisic and Kent on the left is better than anything else in the country.  The problem is we have no creativity through the middle or on the right from Aribo. 

Kent and Morelos are the two best attackers we have.  Without them we would be completely fucked.  

14 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol: He's not doing anything more or less than he did last season.

I wasn't for spending 7 million on him at all because I felt there were likely a player out there for the same money who was already the finished article.

I agree.

i said at time you’d take him back on loan or pay 3 million.

never worth 7 million to us.

never a number 10 either.

Kent will come good it’s clear his position change has stifled him there’s to many bodies in front of him when playing the N.10 role he’s more suited at running into space or cutting inside but don’t forget this season he’s scored big goals in big games let’s no forget that just thinking as well maybe the reason Barasic has been so good is he’s had tha left side all to his own so the question is do you sacrifice Barasic’s recent form to appease Kent’s as that will surely effect the way he plays his game at the minute ? 

12 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Great, another fucking comedian. Its reassuring to have a hilarious old cunt like yourself abusing the players. 

It's simple.  Do the job or get abuse.  That's been the reality of football forever and it will be forever.

Archived