Did Brown get a second yellow card

doc holliday

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re watched it on tv as I had the game recorded. First of all when Clancy gives the pen Brown applauds and makes a card gesture at Clancy, Clancy then shows the card to both I’m assuming Katic for the foul and Brown for the card gesture (I know making VAR gesture is a yellow I’m pretty sure making a card gesture is aswell). It’s clear that they both get booked, but I think Clancy has missed Browns arm to the face of Tav.

Secondly the arm to the face, this is off the ball and violent conduct no way about it, there’s no need for Brown to raise his arm let alone smash Tav in the face, this is worse than what Alfredo saw red for last season against Brown and had to be raised with the compliance officer.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure if the earlier vid is the one from their main stand that jumps between Clancy and players but this is the best clip.

Theres no ambiguity Katic sees himself being pointed to and the first yellow card is his. Clancy then raises it again and for me he turns slightly right and is facing Brown.

That’s the one I was talking about. There’s no way of telling that Brown is on the receiving end of that definitively. It could be him, McGregor or him showing Katic again.

I totally believe that Clancy would be so thick that he would book Brown twice and forget to red card him but there’s no way of telling who receives that second card if indeed it is a second card.

Read this on another forum on Clancy, well put together by someone.

The stats for Clancy's treatment of Alfie since the start of last season show a clear agenda:

Alfie has started 7 games with Clancy as ref (5 league/2 cup).
In those 7 games Clancy has given him 6 Yellow and 2 Red cards.

Alfie has started 5 league games with Clancy as ref. He has not finished any of them on the park. 2 Red cards, twice subbed shortly after being booked, (good management to save the inevitable from Clancy) and once subbed when the game was won).

On average, Clancy gives Alfie a card every 56 mins in league games and booked him early in the first half of both cup games v Aberdeen, no doubt to subdue his style of play in what is always a physical game.

Season 2018/19
5 Aug – Aberdeen A (1-1) – Red Card 12mins (rescinded)
15 Sep – Dundee H (4-0) – Yellow card 69 mins (subbed 77 mins)
27 Jan – Livingston A (0-3) – No card (subbed 76 mins)
3 Mar – Aberdeen A (1-1) – Yellow card 15 mins
12 Mar – Aberdeen H (0-2) – Yellow card 33 mins

Season 2019/20
20 Oct - Hearts A (1-1) – Yellow card 79 mins (subbed 81 mins)
29 Dec – Celtc A (1-2) – Yellow card 85 mins, Yellow/Red card 96 mins

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I have always argued incompetance over corruption. That view no longer holds water.

1 hour ago, Trooblue said:

Me too. I'm beginning to have serious doubts 

53 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

All I am saying is that there's different types of corruption. The idea that these guys are all celtic fans and referee games accordingly  is nonsense. The corruption we are seeing stems from the fact that they are weak, spineless incompetents who are shut scared of offending the football establishment. It's that form of corruption. Equally dangerous. 

You've said you've held the view it has been incompetence over corruption, but now you have doubts.

It's not doubts if you're then saying its corruption mate. No one says the officials huddle in the bowels of park head concocting plans against us. 

But there is bias / cheating / corruption which we both agree on. No doubts, serious or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Crystal clear that mate. What software did you use for that enhancement?

The £30 package 

FWIW - it’s the whole sequence, Brown has gave Tav a dunt, he has raised his card twice, he’s stood right in front of him with a yellow in the air. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

The stats for Clancy's treatment of Alfie since the start of last season show a clear agenda:

Alfie has started 5 league games with Clancy as ref. He has not finished any of them on the park. 2 Red cards, twice subbed shortly after being booked, (good management to save the inevitable from Clancy) and once subbed when the game was won).

On average, Clancy gives Alfie a card every 56 mins in league games and booked him early in the first half of both cup games v Aberdeen, no doubt to subdue his style of play in what is always a physical game.

Season 2018/19

Season 2019/20

And the same linesman David Mcgeachie was an official in at least 2 of those games, one played an instrumental part in the rescinded red and may have had an input on Sunday's. 

17 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Re watched it on tv as I had the game recorded. First of all when Clancy gives the pen Brown applauds and makes a card gesture at Clancy, Clancy then shows the card to both I’m assuming Katic for the foul and Brown for the card gesture (I know making VAR gesture is a yellow I’m pretty sure making a card gesture is aswell). It’s clear that they both get booked, but I think Clancy has missed Browns arm to the face of Tav.

Secondly the arm to the face, this is off the ball and violent conduct no way about it, there’s no need for Brown to raise his arm let alone smash Tav in the face, this is worse than what Alfredo saw red for last season against Brown and had to be raised with the compliance officer.

Exactly as I see it. Brown is booked for trying to get Katic carded.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People mention this but ignore Jack was down for 30 secs, we made a sub and Morelos was sent off. 

I would expect time to be added on.

I'm more aggrieved by 4 minutes for 4 subs, not timewasting gestures by the ref during game, no physios on that I can recall. Davis even walked off to the nearest sideline.

2 mins by the book, 3 to cover nothing in particular more. 4 was simply not logical.

Here's my 2 cents. 

There are no pictures clear enough that anyone can say definitively that Brown gets booked at the penalty incident.

Personally I don't think he does because when he receives his actual booking in the 38th minute for the challenge on Kamara he doesn't react like a man who thinks he's going off the pitch in such an important game. If he thought he was already on a booking then the challenge and reaction on the 38th minute doesn't happen for me. 

What is clear now is that the SFA have acknowledged that there was an elbow on Tavernier at the penalty incident. I await the retrospective action against Brown.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've said you've held the view it has been incompetence over corruption, but now you have doubts.

It's not doubts if you're then saying its corruption mate. No one says the officials huddle in the bowels of park head concocting plans against us. 

But there is bias / cheating / corruption which we both agree on. No doubts, serious or otherwise.

I suppose I was, until recently, prepared to see it more as sheer incompetence, but I think the case for corruption of the type I described above (not the 'they are all celtic fans' stuff) is strong. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

What's Brown's reaction to reviving his "first" yellow some on FF Suggest he puts his hands to his head as if he knows that's his 2nd yellow.

Not a Normal reaction for a standard yellow card if true of course

The full game is on a thread in the Bears' Den. Watch it round about the 38th minute. I don't think he reacts like a guy about to be leaving the pitch. I also don't think he makes that challenge on Kamara if he thinks he's already received a yellow. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People mention this but ignore Jack was down for 30 secs, we made a sub and Morelos was sent off. 

I would expect time to be added on.

True mate, I’ve said the same as the Edmundson sub was also made which I believe is an automatic 30 seconds.  Where he got 4mins from in the first place is pretty questionable though and Alfredo’s red certainly happened deep into all of that. No way it should’ve ran to almost 6 minutes. Totally farcical.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Season 2018/19

Season 2019/20

I genuinely believe this cunts on their payroll 

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

What's Brown's reaction to reviving his "first" yellow some on FF Suggest he puts his hands to his head as if he knows that's his 2nd yellow.

Not a Normal reaction for a standard yellow card if true of course

His left hand comes up to his head. Could argue its like he doesnt believe it's a foul as much as he realises hes on a 2nd yellow.  Completely inconclusive either train of thought tbh.

Daily record have "cleared the matter up". He showed the card to katic twice. Bullshit.

Knowing now for sure brown smacked tav across the face surely they must respond i.e the outcry following flanagan incident last year.

Pathetic wee bitter/corrupt country we live in

38 minutes ago, Smile said:

Season 2018/19

Season 2019/20

If memory serves me right was it not Clancy tht booked Morelos for a dive in the box when it was a clear pen n Morelos woulda missed the semi final, thats why he is missing Stranraer game? It was a very similar situation as Frimpong on him in the final

33 minutes ago, markem said:

Digging in now - not a Brown booking ?

F3819078-0EA5-4A5F-8687-1DFC9022A755.thumb.png.921c564e55a86d78e968bd997123f842.png

The only thing that makes me think it’s Katic is that mongo looking at him tbh, if it’s him getting it then he’s usually greeting.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm more aggrieved by 4 minutes for 4 subs, not timewasting gestures by the ref during game, no physios on that I can recall. Davis even walked off to the nearest sideline.

2 mins by the book, 3 to cover nothing in particular more. 4 was simply not logical.

Jesus Christ, what is going on that we actually agree on something? 😂

Archived