Corruption in the game?

Thermopylae

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Don't apologize to an apologist.

Makes my blood boil mate.  how anyone can say that we aren't being done by unjust officials is beyond me. It's been bad all season but got worse after we beat them on the 29th. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just seen this. Think mcgregor is fucked off with the refs too 😂

Iv been thinking myself the last week or so ,what do the players actually think about what’s going on ,do they notice it as much or do they notice it more ,

Think it was that dick that used to play for us that clattered Morelos ,no card ,Morelos moaning at the ref asking why no card ,heart was in my mouth as I was convinced it was going to be yellow card time for Morelos instead for complaining 

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Iv been thinking myself the last week or so ,what do the players actually think about what’s going on ,do they notice it as much or do they notice it more ,

Think it was that dick that used to play for us that clattered Morelos ,no card ,Morelos moaning at the ref asking why no card ,heart was in my mouth as I was convinced it was going to be yellow card time for Morelos instead for complaining 

Yep, like Goldson got.

Corruption will always be in our game as long as we have a board that will only look after themselfs. If they were to stand up and call it out they would most likely be fined by the sfa and also slated by msm, so better to stay quiet and look after themselfs  F××k the fans and club im more important, thats their attitude. So we all should just grin and bear it. Need a clearout at the top and get someone in that will fight the club and fans corner instead of just lying down and being shafted.

18 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Yes, there is corruption in the game and it started when the refs backed down to cfc's demands

I believe that match manipulation is going on. Match-manipulation can in some cases be closely connected to money laundering, terrorists activities or to fund  payouts 

I think they would do it something like this.....

Someone finds a ref who is bent or threatens one. they agree an outcome for the game. A crooked bookie is found and bets are placed online so that they can't be easily tracked. Winnings are placed into an offshore account to fund a cause.

I never considered money I meant ambition and how it becomes known in refereeing circles if you want to get on you have to tow the party line 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think the board a holding off on a statement until they find out about Michael Beale's punishment at the SFA today.

Well now they've got it,same shit again 😞 but have held a charge back just incase Rangers speak out about the punishments 😞

7 hours ago, ricksen92 said:

Corruption will always be in our game as long as we have a board that will only look after themselfs. If they were to stand up and call it out they would most likely be fined by the sfa and also slated by msm, so better to stay quiet and look after themselfs  F××k the fans and club im more important, thats their attitude. So we all should just grin and bear it. Need a clearout at the top and get someone in that will fight the club and fans corner instead of just lying down and being shafted.

So what's the answer?

Can c1872/SoS protest that refs have brought the game into disrepute?

How many punishments will Rangers face tackling this issue. Are the board holding back until we have 55 in the bag and stop their run?

Personally I think the club should hire Sportradar Integrity Services to investigate match manipulation and tackle the problem.

8 hours ago, quabba said:

Makes my blood boil mate.  how anyone can say that we aren't being done by unjust officials is beyond me. It's been bad all season but got worse after we beat them on the 29th

So it just so happens to coincide with our total loss of form, suspensions and injuries then? 

8 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I never considered money I meant ambition and how it becomes known in refereeing circles if you want to get on you have to tow the party line 

I think money as well as ambition should be considered as a motive.  

Imho. At the beginning of 2007 when Reid became chairman of cfc they were living off co-op loans. I think due to his political connections he knew cfc were going to have to answer for their crimes and they would go bust if they didn't get their club making a profit. 

I think a corporate espionage plan was devised to hamstring Rangers financially, so cfc could accumulate maximum profits.

I think with the help of their friends in the tax office they made up a phantom  Tax bill, leaked info and persuaded HMRC to refuse  to the CVA. 

I think they had friends at the bank who aggressively clawed  back Rangers agreed loan. Then, refused to honour the club's overdraft unless the SDM chose to sell to  the banks preferred bidder - Whyte..  

I think they had friends in the SFA dish out punishments, fines, player embargo's, title stripping attempts, 5 way agreements and booted Rangers out of the league, which would take our club years to recover from.

I think they had friends in the media who were constantly muck raking to damage Rangers brand.

I think the ref strike was planned to get rid of refs who would stand in cfc's  way to gain millions in prize money, titles and trophies. sponsorship, European qualification.

I think the refs have brought the game into disrepute and I wouldn't be surprised if match manipulation was part of  towing the party line 

Yes we have been subjected to some of the most blatant one sided refereeing decisions for years. You can rant and rave all you like about conspiracies, but it won't change a thing until our board make a formal complaint to the SFA and demand somethingis done about it. Bobby Madden should be downgraded to the junior games after that display and fined because if our staff and players can be fined and banned for breaking the rules referees should be judged on their performances and have the same punishments.

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

So what's the answer?

Can c1872/SoS protest that refs have brought the game into disrepute?

How many punishments will Rangers face tackling this issue. Are the board holding back until we have 55 in the bag and stop their run?

Personally I think the club should hire Sportradar Integrity Services to investigate match manipulation and tackle the problem.

Start by getting board members with some balls,who will fight for the club. Call out the bad decision's we are having to put up with on a weekly basis , a PR department that knows what its doing. Call out the journo's who continue to write their bile on all things Rangers.

7 hours ago, beararse said:

So it just so happens to coincide with our total loss of form, suspensions and injuries then? 

give it a rest mate. If things will even themselves out like you say, when will that be? 

I will tell you when, as soon as the league is totally out of our hands then that's when as it won't make any difference.  If I was as bad at my job as the refs are at theirs I would get sacked. It's that simple

5 hours ago, quabba said:

give it a rest mate. If things will even themselves out like you say, when will that be? 

I will tell you when, as soon as the league is totally out of our hands then that's when as it won't make any difference.  If I was as bad at my job as the refs are at theirs I would get sacked. It's that simple

Cant recall ever sayings these things even themselves out. I doubt they will to be honest, certainly not over the course of one season. Over a couple of seasons perhaps, but not one. The League cup final debacle cant be evened out unless we are the beneficiaries of an outrageous decision or two in say the Scottish Cup final or an Old firm quarter/semi.

The point I have consistently tried to make is that these poor decisions are a result of incompetence, not corruption.

We tend talk about how incompetent refs were when we are winning and playing well. Thoughts turn to conspiracy when we are playing poorly and celtic benefit from the occasional decision. In other words, more emphasis and scrutiny is placed on poor and inconsistent decisions when we start to rely on results elsewhere.

There are of course those who have believed in conspiracy for a long time.

Just my opinion mind, happy for anyone to have another train of thought.

Like most on here, i'm also happy to fight my corner if questioned/challenged/abused.

59 minutes ago, beararse said:

Cant recall ever sayings these things even themselves out. I doubt they will to be honest, certainly not over the course of one season. Over a couple of seasons perhaps, but not one. The League cup final debacle cant be evened out unless we are the beneficiaries of an outrageous decision or two in say the Scottish Cup final or an Old firm quarter/semi.

The point I have consistently tried to make is that these poor decisions are a result of incompetence, not corruption.

We tend talk about how incompetent refs were when we are winning and playing well. Thoughts turn to conspiracy when we are playing poorly and celtic benefit from the occasional decision. In other words, more emphasis and scrutiny is placed on poor and inconsistent decisions when we start to rely on results elsewhere.

There are of course those who have believed in conspiracy for a long time.

Just my opinion mind, happy for anyone to have another train of thought.

Like most on here, i'm also happy to fight my corner if questioned/challenged/abused.

That's fair enough mate and you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.  But how many times does a referee get things wrong before he is disciplined?

It's happening far too often with little comeback on them.  Take the two arm wrestle on Morelos for instance. The linesman is about 5 feet away looking straight at it. How is that not a yellow card. Any other league that's a yellow but not here.

That's worse than incompetence. He should be sacked.

2 hours ago, quabba said:

That's fair enough mate and you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.  But how many times does a referee get things wrong before he is disciplined?

It's happening far too often with little comeback on them.  Take the two arm wrestle on Morelos for instance. The linesman is about 5 feet away looking straight at it. How is that not a yellow card. Any other league that's a yellow but not here.

That's worse than incompetence. He should be sacked.

I agree with everything you’ve said there. 
it was a shocking display, as was Clancy’s in the cup final. 
they should be heavily disciplined for substandard performances.

50 minutes ago, beararse said:

I agree with everything you’ve said there. 
it was a shocking display, as was Clancy’s in the cup final. 
they should be heavily disciplined for substandard performances.

They should be heavily disciplined as you suggest, over and above this they have to be seen to have been. As far as Clancy, I believe his very next game following the 29th farce was back at celtic with no sign of sanction there.
Decisions like this feed to the insinuations against officialdom and who can blame people coming to the conclusions they do when we are seeing outrageous performances (referee) week after week.
I personally don’t take to the notion of them sitting in a dark room plotting our downfall but when you compare the standards applied to celtic compared to ourselves there has got to be a reason which drives the lack of parity, be that at best inept, worst cheating but my guess sits somewhere in between...

Archived