Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I expect this to be a 3,000 pager.

Let's hope by page 2,000 the SPFL have actually begun an investigation.

I think that by page 2000, I see the divorce rate going through the roof, with RM being  a co-respondent in all cases.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We can’t be so self congratulatory Kirk .Not yet .Other clubs like Partick have done everything yesterday  

No celebration mate just pointing out it's took one statement and look absolute madness. 

This is a long fight ahead but we've got them running.

Raith Rovers call for immediate end to 2019/20 SPFL season

Raith Rovers have called for swift action to terminate the season as Dundee continue to ponder their casting vote. Dundee claimed on Tuesday they had held positive talks over reconstruction and were acting in Scottish football’s interests as well as their own. But League One leaders Rovers have urged the Taysiders to back plans to end the lower three Scottish Professional Football League divisions – and possibly the Premiership at a later date – in order for formal talks over a reorganisation of the league to begin.

A statement read: “We have, from the very start of this process, supported the idea of league reconstruction and have made this clear in all our communications. “The SPFL documentation received by all clubs on Wednesday 8th April made it clear that declaring the season ended was the only way to achieve distribution of funds and to then proceed to the next stage. “Several clubs wanted a guarantee that reconstruction would happen – this could not be given as it is not within the gift of the SPFL.

“Any decision on reconstruction requires a vote by all 42 member clubs. We were clear that this had to happen as soon as possible after the first vote.” Rovers would back an extended Premiership of 14 teams with Highland League champions Brora and newly-crowned Lowland League title winners Kelty Hearts joining League Two. “However, this cannot be considered until stage one of the process is completed,” they said.

“Our position is clear! We want the 2019-20 season declared over, funds distributed and discussion about reconstruction to start very soon.

We want the 2019-20 season declared over, funds distributed and discussion about reconstruction to start very soon. “Any attempt to deem the 2019/20 season null and void and deny us being named as winners of League 1 and/or not promoted will be vigorously resisted.” However, Partick Thistle had earlier claimed their legal advice was that Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote – which arrived with the SPFL after they asked for more time – must stand. The SPFL board is set to hold further talks on Wednesday over the impasse.

https://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/sport/national/18380141.raith-rovers-call-immediate-end-2019-20-spfl-season/

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No celebration mate just pointing out it's took one statement and look absolute madness. 

This is a long fight ahead but we've got them running.

I just don't want us getting ahead of ourselves . The cabal , no matter what we think , could yet wiggle out of all this . We all know that 

I had a really strange dream......... don't laugh..

I dreamt that Partck Thistle had sought QC level advice and it turned out that 

> The SPFL had deliberately misled and lied to their members about the only way they could be paid what they were due - saying that they MUST vote for a contrived resolution

> That legally the "lost" vote of Dundee actually stands as it was sent within the timeline specified

> That the SPFL rules don't allow the season to be ended and teams relegated (or teams awarded titles that haven't been won) without all 38 fixtures being completed

> That the SPFL board went against their own guidelines and exerted undue (indeed any) pressure on members to pass their resolution

> That the resolution should be stood down on any or all of the above

Now that would have been sensational and produced HUGE headlines in every mhedia outlet, but alas I woke up and there's no mention of it anywhere that I can see so it was all just a weird dream

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Doesn't reconstruction require a 2year notice period ?

Also how would reconstruction fit in with the brand new tv deal from next season?

Just posted the same in the reconstruction thread a couple of minutes ago. Shows you how corrupt it is that they have no issues in it rushing it through and bribing clubs along the way to ensure celtic get their title. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Raith Rovers call for immediate end to 2019/20 SPFL season

Raith Rovers have called for swift action to terminate the season as Dundee continue to ponder their casting vote. Dundee claimed on Tuesday they had held positive talks over reconstruction and were acting in Scottish football’s interests as well as their own. But League One leaders Rovers have urged the Taysiders to back plans to end the lower three Scottish Professional Football League divisions – and possibly the Premiership at a later date – in order for formal talks over a reorganisation of the league to begin.

A statement read: “We have, from the very start of this process, supported the idea of league reconstruction and have made this clear in all our communications. “The SPFL documentation received by all clubs on Wednesday 8th April made it clear that declaring the season ended was the only way to achieve distribution of funds and to then proceed to the next stage. “Several clubs wanted a guarantee that reconstruction would happen – this could not be given as it is not within the gift of the SPFL.

“Any decision on reconstruction requires a vote by all 42 member clubs. We were clear that this had to happen as soon as possible after the first vote.” Rovers would back an extended Premiership of 14 teams with Highland League champions Brora and newly-crowned Lowland League title winners Kelty Hearts joining League Two. “However, this cannot be considered until stage one of the process is completed,” they said.

“Our position is clear! We want the 2019-20 season declared over, funds distributed and discussion about reconstruction to start very soon.

We want the 2019-20 season declared over, funds distributed and discussion about reconstruction to start very soon. “Any attempt to deem the 2019/20 season null and void and deny us being named as winners of League 1 and/or not promoted will be vigorously resisted.” However, Partick Thistle had earlier claimed their legal advice was that Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote – which arrived with the SPFL after they asked for more time – must stand. The SPFL board is set to hold further talks on Wednesday over the impasse.

https://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.uk/sport/national/18380141.raith-rovers-call-immediate-end-2019-20-spfl-season/

They've changed their statement :mutley:

14 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I expect this to be a 3,000 pager.

Let's hope by page 2,000 the SPFL have actually begun an investigation.

I agree, but let’s be honest I don’t see the SPFL submitting to an independent or external investigation at any point.  It would have to be forced upon them.  

I love how reconstruction is now the new buzzword in the hope that something different from the current set up will sway clubs to go along with it. 

Nothing screams corruption like using a final league standings vote to talk to 1 club about league reconstruction that involves 15 others. 

The SPFL themselves state it takes 2 years to implement. 

Think Sky will sit on their arses after getting the TV deal and getting their OF games cut in half due to reconstruction so that Dundee can play Livingston instead? 😂

The media are predictably starting to lose sight of the original issues which is that the SPFL published votes before the standings were final, that Peter Lawwell has undue influence and that the SPFL have lied about being able to release some form of funds to members. That is the issues here, nothing else and that is why it doesn’t matter if it’s us or all the way down to Edinburgh City that voice concern over this scandal, the fact that it needs to remain in the public eye is paramount. There’s about 8 clubs now voiced their concern, I fully expect another 3-5 today. That would be 25% of member clubs not happy with the vote, which is a fact- not the 85% nonsense that’s starting to creep in now

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Btw that exclamation mark in that Raith statement is absolutely hilarious. Basically shouting about keeping a title they’ve not won

Mental isn’t it.  Clubs think they should be declared winners even though they haven’t won anything.

12 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

I had a really strange dream......... don't laugh..

I dreamt that Partck Thistle had sought QC level advice and it turned out that 

> The SPFL had deliberately misled and lied to their members about the only way they could be paid what they were due - saying that they MUST vote for a contrived resolution

> That legally the "lost" vote of Dundee actually stands as it was sent within the timeline specified

> That the SPFL rules don't allow the season to be ended and teams relegated (or teams awarded titles that haven't been won) without all 38 fixtures being completed

> That the SPFL board went against their own guidelines and exerted undue (indeed any) pressure on members to pass their resolution

> That the resolution should be stood down on any or all of the above

Now that would have been sensational and produced HUGE headlines in every mhedia outlet, but alas I woke up and there's no mention of it anywhere that I can see so it was all just a weird dream

Can I pinch this!? Excellent!

41 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Maybe a daft suggestion but here goes

How about cancelling the season?. No winners, relegations, promototions etc. But,  bolt this seasons remaining games onto next season? This allows teams to carry healthy lead theyve built like dundee utd into next season. It means this seasons results arent lost. It also gives teams in relegation zone a fair chance to escape too. Just means an extra 8/9 games to next season.

Would maybe need to scrub cups etc (depending on start date) to fit in the games?Also think club euro football wont happen as international travel will be prohibited till end of year.

Are you suggesting the scum get a 13 point head start on next (Whenever it happens) season mate?

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can we leave reconstruction talk to the reconstruction thread please? I know the two are getting talking about together, that's what they want. Keep this thread about the vote, the SPFL corruption and getting them out of power.

Anything taking place today that you have heard. Meetings?  Expected statements?

Lower league reality of SPFL crisis plan failure revealed as contract chaos awaits - Albion Rovers have lifted the lid on the struggles that would face part-time clubs across the country.

Albion Rovers would be plunged into chaos if the League Two campaign restarts – with no players signed past the SFA lockdown deadline. The Coatbridge side backed the SPFL crisis plan which would see league positions decided and teams receiving their end of season payouts. However, the Championship teams failed to reach the 75 per cent mark required to green light the plan last weekend, with 28 days for one second tier team to cast their vote. The SFA additionally announced that squads won’t even be able to train together until June 10.

With a decision seemingly on hold, the Cliftonhill board face an impossible choice of offering players new deals with no income or signing a new squad if the campaign resumes with contracts expiring on June 9.“It’s frustrating because all we want is a path out of this and a bit of certainty,” Woodward said. “When we got the form it they asked if you could send your form back by last Friday as a courtesy, and now one club is taking the time allowed by company law as I understand it. “For us, this really means less financial stability and no chance of planning for the future.

“All of our player contracts end just around June 9 and the SFA say no football will be played until June 10. "We don’t know what we can afford, and if we will be able to pay players on new deals past that date. "There has also been ideas floated about playing behind closed doors. So we are not able to offer season tickets, which would help us fund the club, until we know if it’s going to be a full season. “We need to conclude this season in some way very soon. I’ve always been of the opinion that you can let this mess up one year, one season, but don’t let it mess up two.

“Where we will be in 28 days, we don’t really know; we can’t know. We will be slightly worse off at least. The biggest issue for us is we can’t plan for the future, and we can’t plan for next season. “As it stands, this will be the last time this team plays together and we aren’t in a position to discuss new deals with them yet. “I couldn’t care less about the Premiership all I want is for Albion Rovers to be able to start next season.” Woodward also added his backing for league reconstruction as a way to “keep as many teams as possible happy.”  He went on: “I would look at a partial reconstruction for next season and forget about the cup competitions. “If they merged the bottom two and top two divisions, had them play twice, and then had a league split based on positions I think that could work for one season then we go from there.”

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/local-sport/lower-league-reality-spfl-crisis-21862638

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can we leave reconstruction talk to the reconstruction thread please? I know the two are getting talking about together, that's what they want. Keep this thread about the vote, the SPFL corruption and getting them out of power.

Nae bother da😁😁😁

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't see how football will be back next year with crowds at games

Just talking to a mate about that just now ,All very well saying it’s outside,but your still close together and you need to get from the turnstile to the seat and that’s indoors 

unless the public become more responsible ie ,feel symptoms and self isolate for a week  it’s going to be brutal ,can you imagine having a ticket for the filth at home ,you wake up feeling a wee bit flu like ,oh I’m no going I better self isolate 😳

Archived