Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any organisation with any sense of moral integrity would say.... you know what? we've made a right arse of this..... let's start again from the beginning with all the cards on the table.

all the options available and proceed in the correct manner to get this debacle sorted once and for all

nurse! nurse!

27 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Suppose mate, we are dealing with an animal here with no scruples whatsover. This whole sleekit corrupt behaviour seems to come easy to them. 

They’ve hidden child rape in their football club, schools and place of worship, this is nothing to them.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Four Lads Had a Dream

Rangers evidence will only go to an independent chair of a properly constituted investigation The fact that the SPFL demand to see evidence so they can pass judgement is one thing. The fact the SPFL suggest they will ‘Mark their own homework’ is another Corrupt to the core

That's all very well, but who has the authority to instruct an independent  investigation?  I assume it would have to be the members?  Or would it have to be so bad there's criminality involved?   If it's the former, we'd surely have to have a minimum number of clubs buying into it...which worries me.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly the won’t need any help playing the victim card .A big part of the MSN will gladly help with that on any orders to do so .It’s tippy toes around this circus we call the SPFL

It just comes all natural to them. 

SPFL board to meet as Dundee hold talks over reconstruction & vote

By Brian McLauchlin

BBC Scotland

14 minutes ago From the sectionScottish

The SPFL board plan to meet again later on Wednesday as Dundee continue to discuss their decisive vote on calling an end to the Scottish season. The Championship club said on Tuesday they have had "positive discussions" over league reconstruction. But they failed to clarify if they will back a plan to end the campaign, having retracted their initial 'no' vote.

The SPFL discussed Dundee on Tuesday, as well as Partick Thistle's claim that legal advice rendered the ballot moot. The nine-strong board - which includes Rangers' chief executive Stewart Robertson - also discussed talked about the Ibrox club's call for SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and legal adviser Rod McKenzie to be suspended and their call for an independent investigation.

Dundee chief executive John Nelms and the club's major shareholder Tim Keyes have been in regular contact and these are expected to be ongoing. One of the many things that remains unclear is who the Dens Park club have held these "positive discussions" about league reconstruction with. Several prominent Scottish clubs have told BBC Scotland that they have not heard from Dundee.

The SPFL's resolution to call the lower league campaign rests on the Championship club, who are third in the division and say they have their own and Scottish football's interests at heart. It is unclear at this stage what the league reconstruction would look like, but it is a possible solution that has also been backed by Hearts, who sit bottom of the Premiership, and Thistle, who are bottom of the second tier.

image.thumb.png.e8f0a47af4fa218b33297888706a0a06.png

SPFL board

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52295484

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In no way will UEFA let this season to continue into next season. They are grasping at straws now. It is either completed (no chance) or n&v.

I suggested this a while ago that the normal start and finishing dates for this and next seasons are all just moved forward on a sliding scale and I’ve no doubt Uefa could use a similar system which ties in with all the domestic leagues.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

There is absolutely no way they are going to pass a vote for a 16 team league

I'm sure we are opposed to it, celtic are too (though might vote for it if they get a title out of it now) and all the other diddy clubs like Livi, Motherwell etc are opposed to it because they will lose money and have absolutely no reason to vote for it

Aye but they’ll all be offered glamour friendlies as well

So here's a radical idea...

Its looking increasingly likely that next season isn't going to start on schedule, never mind this season. Would it not make more sense to scrap next season altogether and when normality eventually resumes again, complete this season's remaining games without having to worry about everything being a rushed mess? Then we just get back to business as usual starting at the 21/22 season.

I admit its not an ideal solution on the money side of things, but from a sporting perspective, this seems like the most pragmatic solution to me...

8 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Any organisation with any sense of moral integrity would say.... you know what? we've made a right arse of this..... let's start again from the beginning with all the cards on the table.

all the options available and proceed in the correct manner to get this debacle sorted once and for all

nurse! nurse!

Moral and integrity are words than can never be used to describe our governing bodies ,And most certainly not together unless the word “lacking” is a prefix 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I suggested this a while ago that the normal start and finishing dates for this and next seasons are all just moved forward on a sliding scale and I’ve no doubt Uefa could use a similar system which ties in with all the domestic leagues.

I can't see it mate. That would mean delaying European competitions until league winners and runners-up are determined. Champions league is UEFA's money chest. Surely a fresh slate is needed. 

2 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

Its looking increasingly likely that next season isn't going to start on schedule, never mind this season. Would it not make more sense to scrap next season altogether and when normality eventually resumes again, complete this season's remaining games without having to worry about everything being a rushed mess?

I admit its not an ideal solution on the money side of things, but from a sporting perspective, this seems like the most pragmatic solution to me...

So chuck away a year's worth of income for 8 or so games.

2 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

Its looking increasingly likely that next season isn't going to start on schedule, never mind this season. Would it not make more sense to scrap next season altogether and when normality eventually resumes again, complete this season's remaining games without having to worry about everything being a rushed mess?

I actually thought why not scrap the champions league and Europa next season as no one has earned the right to play in the competition should leagues start to be declared over with no winners or losers. But then again money talks and there’d be no chance of this happening. 

Just now, tina-duncan said:

That opens up huge questions though, around things like player contracts for example, if there are no games being played there is no income for clubs but the players still have to be paid their wages.

Then there's the fact the new TV deal is due to start next season, so how would that work if season 20/21 is just abandoned?

These aren't digs but just observations that scrapping next season and playing the remainder of 19/20 when possible just swaps one set of problems for another.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I can't see it mate. That would mean delaying European competitions until league winners and runners-up are determined. Champions league is UEFA's money chest. Surely a fresh slate is needed. 

And the Euros are next summer now too so they would be affected again if this was to happen.

Just wrote on my Facebook but thought worth reproducing here;

Modern Scotland, land of the "internal investigation".

Fhilth - two year "internal investigation" into historic child abuse after being exposed as lying about not knowing about it that's now in its third year.
SNP - "internal investigation" into allegations of sexual misconduct by their former leader and one of their most powerful members.
SPFL - an organisation riddled with conflicts of interest and beset by circumstantial and anecdotal evidence of corruption announce "internal investigation" into misconduct allegations.

Rheeking 💨

Archived