Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

They would get something. BBC or some pish. Rangers leaving with no where to go hurts Rangers much much more than anyone else 

They would get something but it will be vastly reduced to what Sky currently offer. There is zero money in Scottish Football without a proper TV deal. The past 30 years has shown that.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They got by because the merged with the SFL. If they didn't then the clubs would've been in a right state. Sky weren't gonna pay for a TV deal without Rangers in it. Fact.

Yes got by with largely the same standard of player. If Rangers left permanently the level of player and in return tv money would drop massively but the league and vast majority of teams would still be there. 

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There are always loopholes, always agreements to be made, always a first time for things. If that weren't the case, the Bosman ruling wouldnt have come to pass, leagues and associations wouldn t have been created in the first place. 

it's absolutely bonkers to think that because we have agreed to be part of the Scottish FA's system that we would die otherwise. 

We don't know the stance FIFA would take. There's absolutely nothing to gain for FIFA denying a team the ability to play a friendly against a member team. 

The Bosman ruling was a ruling by a civil court. It wasn't one made by footballing authorities.

FIFA have made their stance clear on non-members playing against members and don't take kindly to it at all.

The most high-profile example is the Catalan national team. They have to get special dispensation from FIFA to play any FIFA member nation (and that's normally worked around by donating gate receipts and match income to charity).

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Have Dundee clarified themselves if they did vote, regardless of at what time? If so do we have concrete reasons as to the reason it's not been accepted? 

Rules state that once members have signed and submitted their vote it cant be revoked.

Clarification is crucial.

They are fucking at it.

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Not sure about that, I don’t see all of the SPFL clubs voting to expand the league and therefore dilute their potential prize money even further...

They will vote in favour of it because Lawwell has promised the championship clubs it. Lawwell and Doncaster will do the same as they done with this vote. Hold money until they vote in favour of it.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm finding that quite a difficult concept to grasp tbh as the amount of funding we receive from the league system is not that massive in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not for a second thinking we would try and operate at the same levels financially if we had no league to play in, but there would be a club in some form. 

If we have no one to play or cups to compete for we have no players, manager, not one will watch us.

35 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I don’t follow other teams’ forums but, if anyone does, are we alone in seeing this fiasco for the dishonest clusterfuck it has been? All very well us getting angry but we’ve known for a while that our opinions count for fuck all.

The tragedy is that they can make such a mess and, in all probability, nothing will change or improve.

If you sit on your hands and do nothing, as we seem to have done since 2012, this is where you end up. 

If we merely roll over and accept that nothing will ever change, nothing will ever change. We have to at least try to lead from the front. We need the right characters at the front though, which we currently don't have IMO.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Great. Stuck in an absolute corrupt to the core league association with no get out clause. What's the point in voting anymore? What's the point of continuing to be sheep herded by the taig sheep dogs? We must be one if not the top most morally and democratically bankrupt league associations in the world. We do what Lawwell says. There is zero point in our football club if it is contained in a world where the scum rule.

Bang on with that mate.

I'd rather watch us playing on the fifty pitches than playing in a rigged competition that sees the scum gathering in their tens of millions every season at our expense.

Every club in the land makes money off us, but we remain to get the biggest shafting of all from every last of them along with the authorities.

We all pay for the greater glorification of one club.

As a matter of principle they can all go fuck themselves.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They got by because the merged with the SFL. If they didn't then the clubs would've been in a right state. Sky weren't gonna pay for a TV deal without Rangers in it. Fact.

They did though and Doncaster and Liewell brokered it 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Certainly appears that way. I've not had a look a the rules this morning to double check, but almost certain that's the process if the full complement of votes aren't cast.

One thing I would say (and this will no doubt be popular on here 🙄) were the SPFL and celtic SO desperate to push it through and get the title awarded...don't you think we'd hear them shouting from the rooftops that the deadline has passed and it should now be based on the votes cast by 5pm?

This is American, best I could find. Apparently there’s a thing called “Roberts rule “that governs abstentions.

54201A0A-8FB5-456A-8FDB-C478753BDFDA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm finding that quite a difficult concept to grasp tbh as the amount of funding we receive from the league system is not that massive in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not for a second thinking we would try and operate at the same levels financially if we had no league to play in, but there would be a club in some form. 

The money we get from the league isn't that big but the money we get from playing games is massive.

We'd also have no access to European football again. So that's a whole load more money vanishing.

Players contracts would be void and they would all be free to walk away with no transfer fee or recourse for us.

Remember 2012 when we had to cancel friendlies in the summer because we didn't have our licence sorted out? Thats exactly what would happen again.

23 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I also seen a video on Facebook last night (but never got round to watching it) Peter Martin with Stewart Gilmour (ex-St Mirren chairman) saying celtic have far too much control and decision-making in Scottish football. Anyone else see this and can tell us what happened? 

Gilmour, Stewart Milne and probably more. Everyone knows it. Yet they all still sat back and let it happen. The vote could have changed more than the  league outcome. Clubs could have stood up and been in a position of power, but no, they voted to bend over and take it up the arse off one club, that has a dirty history of doing so.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

This is American, best I could find. Apparently there’s a thing called “Roberts rule “that governs abstentions.

54201A0A-8FB5-456A-8FDB-C478753BDFDA.jpeg

It'll depend on the SPFL's definition of what is required to meet the number. I'm not on my laptop so not had a look at the rules/AofA to check it.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yes got by with largely the same standard of player. If Rangers left permanently the level of player and in return tv money would drop massively but the league and vast majority of teams would still be there. 

Clubs would go bankrupt and vanish before they would be able to adjust to the new far lower levels. Sure fans of these clubs would love that just because Rangers left.

Just now, The Dude said:

The Bosman ruling was a ruling by a civil court. It wasn't one made by footballing authorities.

FIFA have made their stance clear on non-members playing against members and don't take kindly to it at all.

The most high-profile example is the Catalan national team. They have to get special dispensation from FIFA to play any FIFA member nation (and that's normally worked around by donating gate receipts and match income to charity).

I don't know the ins and outs of the FIFA stance, but I will have a look at it. Never realised it was such a closed shop. 

I do get your example with the Catalan team, but I think there's a lot of identity and national politics around that case so that may make it stand out in a different way from club matters, as I don't think Catalonia are recognised as a country by many (again, I could be wrong there). 

I am sure that some form of registration agreement could be made.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

For some it seems like a better idea to accept the status quo rather than be a force for change.

It wouldnt be a force for change. 

It would be us quitting, going out into the wilderness, players and mgt leaving, and the authorities still having control preventing us joining other national leagues.

No games, no income, no chance of us continuing.

Amateur status? We wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep of Ibrox. If they even accepted us intk amateur leagues we'd be playing at Toryglen or something.

It's a nonsense given how stitched up it all is.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The money we get from the league isn't that big but the money we get from playing games is massive.

We'd also have no access to European football again. So that's a whole load more money vanishing.

Players contracts would be void and they would all be free to walk away with no transfer fee or recourse for us.

Remember 2012 when we had to cancel friendlies in the summer because we didn't have our licence sorted out? Thats exactly what would happen again.

So what do we do, keep bending over and taking it up the arse as usual, I know what your saying but after this made up cluster fuck somethings got to give.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I don't know the ins and outs of the FIFA stance, but I will have a look at it. Never realised it was such a closed shop. 

I do get your example with the Catalan team, but I think there's a lot of identity and national politics around that case so that may make it stand out in a different way from club matters, as I don't think Catalonia are recognised as a country by many (again, I could be wrong there). 

I am sure that some form of registration agreement could be made.

Aye, it's always been a closed shop in that regard. It's also why you'll rarely see active pros take part in charity games with non-pros/celebrity teams rather than actual clubs. The few exceptions are stuff like Soccer Aid but even they have to abide by FIFA's rules and until recently couldn't have men and women playing in the same game as FIFA's statutes didn't allow it.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

If we have no one to play or cups to compete for we have no players, manager, not one will watch us.

Professionally, I understand the point but even as a non professional outfit, we would have a team, manager (obviously not at the standard we have) and I'm sure a decent crowd. No association trophies obviously.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Will someone explain why Sky yesterday  were saying “Rangers accuse  the SPL of being corrupt “ and then their reporting went all quiet .Still can’t get my head around that 

And no mention of that this morning 

Their reporter was a wee Fenian wank, Charles Paterson I believe 👍

Archived