Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Reading on FollowFollow there (think it's a Tweet from that Kherdane Isdaine or however you spell that stupid wee name) that Dundee signed, dated and sealed a NO vote for the ballot, but held off with it knowing they've got 27-days to change their mind.

Change their mind = open to bribes, obviously. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sadly this is almost certainly how it will play out. The Fenian is correct in that threatening to leave is only credible if you have another home to go to.

Otherwise it just looks a tantrum.

The scum have played the long game and they’ve played it well. 

How anyone can give them credit for this is beyond me. They've done their normal bullying and used their sway at the top of the Scottish game and the media to force home their agenda. 

Corrupt comes to mind.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It wouldnt be a force for change. 

It would be us quitting, going out into the wilderness, players and mgt leaving, and the authorities still having control preventing us joining other national leagues.

No games, no income, no chance of us continuing.

Amateur status? We wouldn't be able to afford the upkeep of Ibrox. If they even accepted us intk amateur leagues we'd be playing at Toryglen or something.

It's a nonsense given how stitched up it all is.

Complete stitch up mate. It's frustrating as hell because it's clear as day. 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It'll depend on the SPFL's definition of what is required to meet the number. I'm not on my laptop so not had a look at the rules/AofA to check it.

Checked it. The Articles talks about 75% of members voting, not all members need to vote. So yep as it stands the resolution will pass unless Dundee say no as 7/9 clubs (78%) have accepted it.

Advantage scum.

Edit. Its 75% of members eligible to vote, not 75% of those who do.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They will vote in favour of it because Lawwell has promised the championship clubs it. Lawwell and Doncaster will do the same as they done with this vote. Hold money until they vote in favour of it.

Promising it (out of obvious desperation it would appear) and  being able to carrying it through are two entirely different things imo... More fool any club that takes a promise like that as gospel...

Just now, binsy08 said:

So what do we do, keep bending over and taking it up the arse as usual, I know what your saying but after this made up cluster fuck somethings got to give.

Stop rolling over and getting our belly tickled for a start.

As much as there was much delight over yesterday's statement, they don't go far enough. WHO is bullying clubs? Name names and put pressure on instead of these wink-wink-nudge-nudge type statements we do.

Not stand for election to a board we complained had a conflict of interest (MacLennan/Dermot Desmond) a month or two before our MD joined said apparently conflicted board.

Not sit on our hands - again with out MD very much aware of whats going on - until the very last minute before we say something about it. The SPFL have been pushing for weeks to award titles etc.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Checked it. The Articles talks about 75% of members voting, not all members need to vote. So yep as it stands the resolution will pass unless Dundee say no as 7/9 clubs (78%) have accepted it.

Advantage scum.

So you could technically only have 3 clubs out of 10 pushing a vote through? That’s laughable.

Scenario.....4 votes, 3 say yes, 1 says no and the other 6 don’t vote. That’s 75%.

what a fucking joke that is 😂

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They mered with the SFL and took our TV money. That's how they survived.

Chuck Green handed it over without as much as a fight.

The TV money they got amounted to somewhere in  the region of 1m. Split between 41 clubs. Hardly enough to keep them all afloat for four years.

Just now, The Dude said:

The TV money they got amounted to somewhere in  the region of 1m. Split between 41 clubs. Hardly enough to keep them all afloat for four years.

The premiership took most of it. Wasn't an even split. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I honestly don't think Green had that much of a choice if we wanted our licence to play our fixtures.

We only got it the night or so before the Brechin game and that's after bending to their threats and conditions. 

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Because they merged with the SFL and Rangers. They were fucked without it.

I think your wrong there mate tbh .The SFL were in control of the lower leagues by then .And the league cup 

The corrupt SPL was created when the Premiership evolved .Then sold  us out to their Irish brothers Sentanta costing the Scottish clubs millions 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So you could technically only have 3 clubs out of 10 pushing a vote through? That’s laughable.

Scenario.....4 votes, 3 say yes, 1 says no and the other 6 don’t vote. That’s 75%.

what a fucking joke that is 😂

No, I might not have worded the above properly.

Its 75% to pass. Not all members need to vote. If not all members vote but 75% is achieved the proposal passes. Stops anyone not voting becoming relevant, other than the 28 day ruling in this circumstance obviously 

I hope Rangers start the next season fast as fuck.

5 games in and 3 points clear.

Then the Wuhan clan can fire out another pandemic then boom, that League is ours.

Fuck playing football when you can be awarded a title in the middle of death sweeping the planet.

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING. 🤬

Just now, esquire8 said:

The premiership took most of it. Wasn't an even split. 

Thats because it was filtered into the usual prize money fund. It's never an even split. Even the current and new TV deals arent an even split. All goes into the prize fund and is based on league position, with additional payments based on the number of live games your club hosts.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No, I might not have worded the above properly.

Its 75% to pass. Not all members need to vote. If not all members vote but 75% is achieved the proposal passes. Stops anyone not voting becoming relevant, other than the 28 day ruling in this circumstance obviously 

That’s what I’m saying mate. I probably worded is poorly 😂👍

60 years ago I grew up kicking a ball. Could not wait until I was old enough to play for my school. Football is a sport and sight of this cannot be lost. To continue the childhood anecdotes if somebody had to go home for his tea and take the ball with him then that was it. Life went on.

Never will I forget the first time I was taken to Ibrox. Rangers played Dunfermline and beat them 2-1. Early 60's that would have been.

If there is a point to this rant it is that football must remain a sport and if it cannot be ruled fairly by itself then its time to pick up your jersey and go home.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Stop rolling over and getting our belly tickled for a start.

As much as there was much delight over yesterday's statement, they don't go far enough. WHO is bullying clubs? Name names and put pressure on instead of these wink-wink-nudge-nudge type statements we do.

Not stand for election to a board we complained had a conflict of interest (MacLennan/Dermot Desmond) a month or two before our MD joined said apparently conflicted board.

Not sit on our hands - again with out MD very much aware of whats going on - until the very last minute before we say something about it. The SPFL have been pushing for weeks to award titles etc.

That's what I'm saying, It's time to stop being tickled or fucked ( which ever way we put it ) Rangers cannot sit back and roll over with this one. what our next move is I'm not sure, but I don't get paid big money to decide that.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think your wrong there mate tbh .The SFL were in control of the lower leagues by then .And the league cup 

The corrupt SPL was created when the Premiership evolved .Then sold  us out to their Irish brothers Sentanta costing the Scottish clubs millions 

Those are the people running / ruining scottish football. How the setanta deal could have ever been seen as a good deal ive no idea. 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

60 years ago I grew up kicking a ball. Could not wait until I was old enough to play for my school. Football is a sport and sight of this cannot be lost. To continue the childhood anecdotes if somebody had to go home for his tea and take the ball with him then that was it. Life went on.

Never will I forget the first time I was taken to Ibrox. Rangers played Dunfermline and beat them 2-1. Early 60's that would have been.

If there is a point to this rant it is that football must remain a sport and if it cannot be ruled fairly by itself then its time to pick up your jersey and go home.

Great post. What's the point if its a case of just gifting titles? Do the sellik fans really want it? I wouldn't want to win a title this way. 

Archived