Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Sensationalist nonsense.

Without a league to play in the club could potentially cease to exist.  This was the case back in 2012.  We did everything we could just get back in at division 3 level.  They made Rangers agree to less TV money, a transfer ban, and we accepted it all.  We had to.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Regarding your second sentence, I'd disagree. The carrot for the SPFL is the OF games, lose them and there's no real marketable product on offer for sponsorship or TV revenue. I think it's becoming more likely we trigger REXIT.

Rexit to where? Seriously.

If there's no Rangers in the SPFL, aye they'll lose money and aye their TV deal will shrink massively but we'll literally be in footballing limbo with no ability to make money, pay staff or do the things football clubs do.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Sensationalist nonsense.

Is it? Where would we play? Without being a member of the association we couldn't even play friendlies against teams affiliated with a FIFA-member association without approval from FIFA.

Just now, British_Empire said:

What am I missing here? 

It might have been addressed earlier in the thread, but why can't Dundee just re-send the vote to the incompetent bastards?

SPFL/SFA offices shut and can't confirm an email until Monday? no problem, Dundee can just re-send it and make a statement saying "for the avoidance of doubt etc" and even brief the press with a screenshot of it.

Then that should be that.

But not in the wacky, corrupt world of Scottish football it isn't. 

I also seen a video on Facebook last night (but never got round to watching it) Paul Martin with Stewart Gilmour (ex-St Mirren chairman) saying celtic have far too much control and decision-making in Scottish football. Anyone else see this and can tell us what happened? 

Apparently they didn't vote, no idea where the lost email stuff comes from, that needs investigated. 

As of now the party line is, dundee did not vote and they have 28 days to do so.

Just now, esquire8 said:

And look at the state they got themselves into. The taigs were barely managing to get 30k in the tattiedome. Aberdeen who were the only challengers were near to going under. The rest barely survived because the SPFL was formed and they stole our tv money from the SFL. We are the ones who bring in the crowds, we are the ones who the tv companies want. All for the case of "sporting integrity". All apart from one club regretted that decision to send us down. They thought fans would buy up more season tickets and more merch of the sent The Rangers packing. They didn't.

They would carry on without us.  What league would we play in?  

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Great. Stuck in an absolute corrupt to the core league association with no get out clause. What's the point in voting anymore? What's the point of continuing to be sheep herded by the taig sheep dogs? We must be one if not the top most morally and democratically bankrupt league associations in the world. We do what Lawwell says. There is zero point in our football club if it is contained in a world where the scum rule.

It's a stitch up. No 2 ways about it.

Some will say only way to beat them is on the park but that's just as bad. I might have mentioned my views on the corruptness there once or twice too.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Apparently they didn't vote, no idea where the lost email stuff comes from, that needs investigated. 

As of now the party line is, dundee did not vote and they have 28 days to do so.

OK cheers. Wasn't aware of that. I thought I read somewhere that Dundee confirmed somewhere that they voted NO. 

As someone else said there, if Dundee have left off and are going to be open to bribes and sweeteners then I hope they go under. Vile.

Just now, TMB said:

Without a league to play in the club could potentially cease to exist.  This was the case back in 2012.  We did everything we could just get back in at division 3 level.  They made Rangers agree to less TV money, a transfer ban, and we accepted it all.  We had to.

We would exist. We wouldn't be able to operate at current finances that is obvious, but to say the club would cease to exist is not true. (I know you say potentially).

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So they need to vote against or it will go through.

7/9 members voting giving 78%.

Ffs.

They will try this I'm sure. But surely they need 75 per cent of the ten teams to vote for it. If one doesn't vote, that's not voting for it.

There is only one way this is ending, the vote will go through, it's then up to Rangers to prove there was interference from the SPFL and scum FC and take them to court, this could be a long winded affair but there is no doubt the scum will be made champion's one way or another.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So they need to vote against or it will go through.

7/9 members voting giving 78%.

Ffs.

Certainly appears that way. I've not had a look a the rules this morning to double check, but almost certain that's the process if the full complement of votes aren't cast.

One thing I would say (and this will no doubt be popular on here 🙄) were the SPFL and celtic SO desperate to push it through and get the title awarded...don't you think we'd hear them shouting from the rooftops that the deadline has passed and it should now be based on the votes cast by 5pm?

OK cheers. Wasn't aware of that. I thought I read somewhere that Dundee confirmed somewhere that they voted NO. 

As someone else said there, if Dundee have left off and are going to be open to bribes and sweeteners then I hope they go under. Vile.

It's pretty smart tbh. The set up in corrupt anyway, why shouldn't they try to get a slice of the pie?

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Mate they will be getting offered all sorts of riches and put under all sort of threats if they don't comply. They haven't acted great, but they are not the disgrace here.

Allowing yourself to be bribed is a disgrace. Especially after the statement they chose to put out. 

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Voting us out in 2012 meant no Old Firm games for a minimum of 3 years.  They still voted us out.  They still sold the TV rights to sky.  They don’t care.

And that’s when Liewell and Doncaster got friendly with Sky 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We would exist. We wouldn't be able to operate at current finances that is obvious, but to say the club would cease to exist is not true. (I know you say potentially).

Without a league to play in we would be without a manager, without a team, Ibrox would be closed for business.  

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

They will try this I'm sure. But surely they need 75 per cent of the ten teams to vote for it. If one doesn't vote, that's not voting for it.

I’m pretty sure it’s 75% of all clubs as you say.   Otherwise the SPFL would have claimed victory by now.

Don't get me wrong, I see the attraction in it for them - it just makes them as bad as the rest here tho.

Of course, but the bad are not punished or even criticized in Scotland so why not?

1 minute ago, TMB said:

They would carry on without us.  What league would we play in?  

Just saying they barely got by without us in the top league for 4 seasons. I don't want us to play in another league or another country. I want us to start standing up against the taig regime and showing other clubs they no longer have to fear a fucking tyrannical cunt like Lawwell because he holds the gun to their head over money. The money they get in is vastly from us and our pull. Look between 2012 and 2016. Who had the higher away gates? Who had the bigger TV figures? Lawwell is using money that we bring into the game against all the other clubs.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

There is only one way this is ending, the vote will go through, it's then up to Rangers to prove there was interference from the SPFL and scum FC and take them to court, this could be a long winded affair but there is no doubt the scum will be made champion's one way or another.

Our club won’t do a thing .Guaranteed 

Archived