Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

10 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Agreed. In the last two days they've essentially called the SPFL liars and bullies.

and used the word "bribery." I do not believe  past boards would have made such a strong statement. In saying that, the club cannot be seen as posting statements every day (although I would like to see a follow-up one soon). Instead, they have been using a reliable blogger in 4 lads to pass on bits of information. The next step is to somehow get these bloggers into the mainstream rather than just informing us fans.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FROM 3 YEARS AGO........

A survey of more than 16,000 Scottish football stakeholders has heavily criticised those running the game.

Many were "very dissatisfied" with the leadership of the Scottish FA and the Scottish Professional Football League.

Both organisations also rated poorly for levels of "openness, honesty and trust" and "good governance and transparency".

Players, managers and referees took part in the survey by the Scottish Football Supporters Association.

But fans made up almost 99% of respondents.

The SFA insist their "Performance Strategy is bearing fruit" while the SPFL pointed to increased revenue and attendances.

Other findings include 93% of respondents believing the Scottish game should be overseen by an independent watchdog, with 90% wanting the Scottish government to put pressure on football authorities to improve and more than 90% of respondents seeking more supporter influence in the SPFL and SFA.

Former first minister Henry McLeish, who led a review of Scottish football in 2010, is a board member of the SFSA and said: "This challenging independent research into how Scottish football governance is seen has uncovered some very concerning issues, but also provides a real opportunity for change.

McLeish highlights a "a big disconnect" between fans and authorities

"The fact that over 60% of fans say that they could end up leaving the game in the future rings a major alarm bell, as does the knowledge that almost a quarter say they never attend away games.

"What we appear to have is a big disconnect between the football authorities at Hampden Park and those who are essential to the flourishing of the game at a hands-on - supporters certainly, but also players, coaches, managers and volunteers."

In response to the survey, an SPFL spokesman told BBC Scotland: "We are all working towards a common goal to grow and improve the game in Scotland and are encouraged by progress in recent years.

"It's worth underlining that the SPFL's commercial income and revenues back to clubs are at record levels and attendances last season were at the highest level this decade, up 12% over the previous season."

The SFA also highlighted revenues due to be redistributed to member clubs as well as qualifying success of the men's under-17s, women's under-19s and women's A team, the latter having reached their first major finals at Euro 2017.

The governing body also pointed to its annual survey conducted in conjunction with Supporters Direct Scotland and the SPFL, as well as "the development of the Supporter Liaison Officer programme".

"In our role as guardians of the game, tough choices often need to be made and we accept we have come through a challenging period for Scottish football," said the SFA spokesperson.

"We have implemented 95% of the recommendations laid down by Henry McLeish himself since 2011, many of which focused on the governance of the game.

"Today we have been at the Scottish Parliament to give evidence on the Offensive Behaviour and Threatening Communications Act, with that evidence based on feedback from supporters via the Scottish Football Survey."

19 minutes ago, backup said:

No, you are correct, they are hopeless, incompetent or both. However if normal everyday fans on here can see what needs to be done, why can't they, do they even want to ?

I still think there is still a hold over the club of some sort or some gentleman’s agreement that we’re sticking to.

I’m hoping King leaving the board allows him to fire a few volleys and now would be a good time.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is very high possibility . And one where there could be numerous reasons to do so . As backup says . Our club show no appetite for a fight .

Is that because these corrupt bastards have power over our club in some form .

Or do we really not believe we can change things by going on the attack .

Not sure mate but I have always had a niggling feeling that there is some sort of hold over us to keep us in our box, Perhaps something in the 5wa I honestly don't know but what I will say is that yesterday's statement was probably the most hard hitting that I can recall Rangers releasing in recent memory so at this moment I am still holding on to some faint hope that something really is going on in the background  otherwise the game really is a bogey as others on here have previously stated.

29 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Ever since Donald Findlay got stitched up singing The Billy Boys at a function he's went full-scale cunt mode. Guys a midden. 

He's only interested in himself. 

He was mates with David Murray . Says it all really .

However sometime in future, we  have to get back on top . And having nice guys running our club are not going to do this  

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I still think there is still a hold over the club of some sort or some gentleman’s agreement that we’re sticking to.

I’m hoping King leaving the board allows him to fire a few volleys and now would be a good time.

Any under the counter "agreement" would most likely have king at its epicentre.

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Not sure mate but I have always had a niggling feeling that there is some sort of hold over us to keep us in our box, Perhaps something in the 5wa I honestly don't know but what I will say is that yesterday's statement was probably the most hard hitting that I can recall Rangers releasing in recent memory so at this moment I am still holding on to some faint hope that something really is going on in the background  otherwise the game really is a bogey as others on here have previously stated.

We were hard hitting , then we went quiet . It seemed to coincide with Jules on Sky reporting we had called them corrupt . And then everything went very low key . Very strange for me

6 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Would absolutely amazing if Dundee were playing some long game here, to expose this clear corruption 

Then i notice the name Eric Drysdale from Dundee Fc . Was he not connected to the bheasts at some point in the past ?

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

We were hard hitting , then we went quiet . It seemed to coincide with Jules on Sky reporting we had called them corrupt . And then everything went very low key . Very strange for me

Mate, Knowing the way our football is governed up here I would not be surprised in the slightest if some sort of injunction has been taken out with regard to reporting restrictions on this story especially after the statement that Rangers released which really should have opened up the proverbial can of worms.

Archived