Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They wont void leagues. UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin has suggested that:

"I see no way for Liverpool to stay untitled. If the championship resumes, they will almost certainly win it - theoretically, it has not yet reached the guaranteed level, but it is practically close," Ceferin told Slovenian sports daily Ekipa.

"However, if it could not be played, it would also be necessary to announce the results in some way and find some key on how the champions should be determined. And, of course, again I do not see a scenario in which that would not be Liverpool.

"I understand that fans will be disappointed if it happens in an empty stadium or even at the green table, but I believe they will win the title one way or another."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11969785/uefa-president-aleksander-ceferin-says-liverpool-wont-be-denied-premier-league-title-off-the-pitch

With all due respect, UEFA are hardly a bastion of moral virtue either. Saying and doing are different things. They're quite free to make any decision they see fit at the time. Going back on something said in an interview wouldn't feature too highly on their list of dubious incidents.

14 minutes ago, backup said:

Another propasal cannot be offered while this one is still current, or until after 28 days from 5pm yesterday, spfl timelines, and theirs alone.

However com 23rd April UEFA will most likely void all leagues.

Hope you are right mate .Just to imagine the faces of all the bheasts would make my Summer beautiful 

And to be fair .You are right many times 

Dundee's statement came out very late last night. In other words, it came out after they had been got at by the spfl. 

Of course they voted but now they don't actually state it because they have been bought. There is an email out there with a NO vote on it, I would bet on it. But then again, people still think JFK was killed by one bullet.

"However, if it could not be played, it would also be necessary to announce the results in some way and find some key on how the champions should be determined"

Leagues abandoned 1939/40 another national emergency, won't get involved in pointless argument about this, there is precedent(irrespective of uefa) for abandonment.....otherwise we would be sitting on 55 now.

Just now, OceanRain said:

With all due respect, UEFA are hardly a bastion of moral virtue either. Saying and doing are different things. They're quite free to make any decision they see fit at the time. Going back on something said in an interview wouldn't feature too highly on their lost of dubious incidents.

I agree, but they aren't going to overrule the various rulebooks of their 55 member nations and impose something which they have no jurisdiction to impose.

Just now, The Dude said:

Whether it would be justified or not, UEFA aren't going to do it.

"However, if it could not be played, it would also be necessary to announce the results in some way and find some key on how the champions should be determined."

Contract gets frustrated, that allows the contract to effectively be made void from the point of frustration. The obligation to announce winner or losers, promotions, relegations are irrelevant due to the fact that 38 games shall be played. 
This vote has only come about as spfl can’t use the rules to suit their fundamental agenda, to gift their team a title. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Contract gets frustrated, that allows the contract to effectively be made void from the point of frustration. The obligation to announce winner or losers, promotions, relegations are irrelevant due to the fact that 38 games shall be played. 
This vote has only come about as spfl can’t use the rules to suit their fundamental agenda, to gift their team a title. 

That's a decision that can only be made by a court/the parties bound by the contract. UEFA don't have the legal jurisdiction to declare any contracts frustrated nor are party to any of the contracts.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I agree, but they aren't going to overrule the various rulebooks of their 55 member nations and impose something which they have no jurisdiction to impose.

After yesterday, I will not be underestimating anyone attempting anything.

Just now, The Dude said:

That's a decision that can only be made by a court/the parties bound by the contract. UEFA don't have the legal jurisdiction to declare any contracts frustrated nor are party to any of the contracts.

That might be where this has to go because it’s obvious that the govern bodies of Scottish football is unfit for purpose. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What’s the point of watching football anymore. The whole set up is there to stop us winning anything and any influence we might have or try to create is stamped out by lying and cheating. 

The last 24 hrs has proven beyond doubt this organisation is there to keep one club on top to the detriment of all others and the game in Scotland. 

I can’t blame anyone for going enough is enough and not going to the football anymore. 

It's 100% not a fair and equal association. The fact that they (spfl)  have admitted to member clubs that they were focussed more on settling positions and awarding trophies than the financial implications for clubs tells a massive story and shows who has the ear of the association.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

what are you thinking 

In amongst all the politics, I still can't help wondering if it is all window dressing for season tickets, our board don't have any record for fighting anything....sleep included..

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

After yesterday, I will not be underestimating anyone attempting anything.

UEFA might be a lot of things but if they do that, they've effectively signalled the end of every domestic league in Europe. The one thing they've always maintained is the autonomy of leagues to do whats best for their relevant territory.

1 minute ago, stu90 said:

Spfl currently streaming a Dundee Derby from 2015 on Youtube

At it 😂

More proof they have been paid off. In Rangers statement, they mentioned bribery but the spfl continued on. If a democratic vote cannot be made without coercion then the game is truly fucked and finished.

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That might be where this has to go because it’s obvious that the govern bodies of Scottish football is unfit for purpose. 

UEFA have ultimate power, which they have already reminded member associations of....expulsion from all european competitions.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Dundee's statement came out very late last night. In other words, it came out after they had been got at by the spfl. 

Of course they voted but now they don't actually state it because they have been bought. There is an email out there with a NO vote on it, I would bet on it. But then again, people still think JFK was killed by one bullet.

Dundee's supporters would be totally miffed if their team voted for Dundee Hibs to be handed the league title, so the chairman must have plenty of cash to keep the club afloat till the spfl decide to hand out payments.

Archived