Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, the old guard said:

Will the vote on Tuesday be confidential? Or will we get to see who's got something to hide. 

The vote is to be completed by 5pm, the SPFL will announce the final results around 2pm.

18 minutes ago, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

They are saying Park made a very serious allegation. Guess anything said would have been around the circumstances of the Dundee vote. We had the WhatsApp’s at that point but the full circumstances of the vote hadn’t come out. They were still getting their story straight so Doncaster didn’t want to discuss it.

Will be clear from the paperwork as the cease and desist letter would have asked us to not repeat whatever was (or they say was) said. 

I don’t find it hard to believe that the Chairman, in possession of the WhatsApp’s,  suggested they were stitching up the vote and that’s what the cease and desist related to. 

The cease and desist was about the original complaint of governance and calling out 2 eejits.

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

But why would the rest of our board who have invested collectively more than King allow the club to be restricted just so that King could have the ego of being chairman for a few years 

With all due respect, you don’t know the machinations of what was agreed between the investors.  It’s very likely they were happy for him to be the figurehead during such tumultuous times, especially as King doesn’t shy away from a fight. 

So to level that against King is a wee bit unfair given what he was up against.

I've been critical of our board and they way they have handled things in recent years. I think most of us can agree that things were not entirely satisfactory. 

But in the last couple of weeks I have seen a more impressive performance and one which is more in line with my expectations. 

I'm not getting the champagne out just yet - as we should all maintain an element of caution after what we've all been through - but credit where it's due, things finally look to be heading in the right direction for a change. 

Keep it up Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

The cease and desist was about the original complaint of governance and calling out 2 eejits.

Yup, but that call on the Friday night must have been about the vote and I reckon it was probably prompted by information we received about the Dundee farce. Still a lot to come out on that I think, not least the inconsistent timeline highlighted in the report. 

5 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I've been critical of our board and they way they have handled things in recent years. I think most of us can agree that things were not entirely satisfactory. 

But in the last couple of weeks I have seen a more impressive performance and one which is more in line with my expectations. 

I'm not getting the champagne out just yet - as we should all maintain an element of caution after what we've all been through - but credit where it's due, things finally look to be heading in the right direction for a change. 

Keep it up Rangers. 

This has been the first real case that they can win as they have all the facts and know they are in the right. This is going all the way. I was disappointed after Hampden cup final re backing the fans however when you are fighting corrupt organisations ie SFA and Police you are never going to win.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Our board are proving me wrong so far .Have to say I’m very happy ,with their new found courage to fight our enemies 

It was never going to be easy .Yet that’s all Rangers fans want from them. Getting after our many many enemies .

Get the battle fever on and fight for everything for this great club .Makes you proud as fuck when they do 

Definitely post of the last hour EJ ( sorry DP has been given post of the day already :thumbsup:).

As you say, all we want is for the board to fight for us and the Club, the last couple of days have been great long may it continue. :rangers:

15 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

But why would the rest of our board who have invested collectively more than King allow the club to be restricted just so that King could have the ego of being chairman for a few years 

DK was the instigator ( for want of a better word ?) To get rid of the existing board, previous investor, in reality, the biggest name and had the vast backing of the support.

At the time, he seemed to be the guy for the job, which I for one, didn't buy into, but he did ( with others) the job to get us where we are today.

To me it's not strange that since he left, we've suddenly become a new animal..

16 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Keep it up Rangers. 

They must spent ages documenting all of this and have gone for them at just the right time.

Their handling of the matter has been very professional and that's what impresses me most. Compare and contrast with the terrible handling of this by the SPFL.

Of course it is much easier when you have the truth on your side.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

All depends on whether the spfls firewall is working or not.....

Is it 100% correct that only Dundee's vote got caught up in a firewall.  I would be sceptical of this.  Could it have been the case that they freed up other emails that went to quarantine. 

10 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

With all due respect, you don’t know the machinations of what was agreed between the investors.  It’s very likely they were happy for him to be the figurehead during such tumultuous times, especially as King doesn’t shy away from a fight. 

So to level that against King is a wee bit unfair given what he was up against.

Don’t think you understood me ,if King was a hamstrung chairman ,which I don’t believe ,the only point of him being chairman would have been for ego ,something I don’t believe other investors would allow to happen 

The only restriction he had for me was the reputation built up on his past any serious fight against authority would easily be discredited by the media ,even on here by many posters he was called dodgy Dave 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

And so it continues.

What I like about this is that English is no friend of ours, and he is seeing it straight down the middle. If there's anything to criticise us about, you best believe he will be right on it. The fact he hasn't gone in on us suggests he knows that there's a big story there and he wants to help break it. 

The fact other clubs appear to be speaking to him shows that they know that too. In saying all that, fingers crossed its a club who back our standpoint and not the first wave of today's deflections!

Archived