Clint hill

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I thought for a guy early 20's, he was slow as fuck. 

Tipped to be a portugal internationalist im sure he wis mince. Couldnt tackle either but decent wi the ball so that trumps everything eh. Mind the mother boy smashed his face in he wasnt to be seen again after that shat it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Interesting that he said Barton was told 'a few lies' that he was promised before arriving. 

Said that he knew the team weren't good enough and essentially says Warburton's management wasn't suited to being at our Club.

Only mentioned Wallace & Miller as standouts, saying the others were good young players but didn't apply themselves enough. No attempt to challenge each other.

No change there then...

54 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I must admit, I don't think Alves was almost as bad as most made him out.

He was a good player before he came here and got back to some of his best when he left and was linked with the likes of Juventus if I'm not mistaken?

I can't remember him being at fault for any goals, I think he looked good. Only think you can say about him was his heart didn't look to be in it at times.

Injured a lot. No great rush about him.

That could have been everything to do with environment rather than his ability or the job he done for us.

Cardoso was just plain shite. 2 million wasted on that.

Think for Alves he just wanted a year of playing before the WC. As you say I don’t think he was interested.    Part of my opinion on why I still think Hill would’ve been a better option. 

2 hours ago, Fredrick said:

Aye didnt really grasp what scottish football was about, but id expected weir to say hold on... this is whats required. No doubt warbs great coach for youngsters but defo not a man u want in a hotseat at a big club. Takes more than just a philosophy of good football. 

if i recall wasnt the midfle 3 not barton krankcar And windass??? 

Exactly, with mckay garner and miller up top? 😮😫

15 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Exactly, with mckay garner and miller up top? 😮😫

Absolute murder 😂 got what we deserved there. Sendaros still gives me the fear to this day 

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I must admit, I don't think Alves was almost as bad as most made him out.

He was a good player before he came here and got back to some of his best when he left and was linked with the likes of Juventus if I'm not mistaken?

I can't remember him being at fault for any goals, I think he looked good. Only think you can say about him was his heart didn't look to be in it at times.

Injured a lot. No great rush about him.

That could have been everything to do with environment rather than his ability or the job he done for us.

Cardoso was just plain shite. 2 million wasted on that.

SPL strikers bullied alves, he didn’t fancy it at all hence all the apparent injuries, remember he jumped for a header at parkheed and then had to come off , he was getting pelters when he can round past us and rightly so big wage thief shit the bed  

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

SPL strikers bullied alves, he didn’t fancy it at all hence all the apparent injuries, remember he jumped for a header at parkheed and then had to come off , was getting pelters when he can round past us and rightly so big wage thief shit the bed  

I mind the abuse he took, but he was pictured Edinburgh Airport later that night on crutches/plaster tho. He wasn't faking it.

Heart wasn't always in, but when he played he didn't play badly. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

I mind the abuse he took, but he was pictured Edinburgh Airport later that night on crutches/plaster tho. He wasn't faking it.

Heart wasn't always in, but when he played he didn't play badly. 

He boiled my piss mate ,  nothing worse watching somebody in our jersey shite out something we’d go into baws first if had his chance , away to Portugal at the drop of a hat to , he fucked off the night before an 18/19 (no sure age) Bates made his old firm debut , surely he should rooming with him and giving him advice , sums windass up anaw saying Bruno was a great guy , two shit the bed losers together 

Alves was the biggest disaster of the those 4/5 seasons coming back up, Pedro the pony was gven free reign and he was on big money as was barton, we couldn afford transfer fees so tried for the experience and give mega wages Football manager theory...

Cardoso, the Portuguese and Mexicans signings should never have been sanctioned, the whole pedro fiasco, chief execs head should have rolled plus the directors who sanctioned the whole fucking saga, millions on wages and fees again down the drain...

In 20 years time I will remember Clint Hill for his one season than I would remember any them shitebags.. Alves was hear for the dosh, end of. 

Clint could have done another Davie Weir had he been 2 or 3 years younger, played for the jersey, all we asked

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Alves was the biggest disaster of the those 4/5 seasons coming back up, Pedro the pony was gven free reign and he was on big money as was barton, we couldn afford transfer fees so tried for the experience and give mega wages Football manager theory...

Cardoso, the Portuguese and Mexicans signings should never have been sanctioned, the whole pedro fiasco, chief execs head should have rolled plus the directors who sanctioned the whole fucking saga, millions on wages and fees again down the drain...

In 20 years time I will remember Clint Hill for his one season than I would remember any them shitebags.. Alves was hear for the dosh, end of. 

Clint could have done another Davie Weir had he been 2 or 3 years younger, played for the jersey, all we asked

Forgot about Alves, was genuinely buzzing to get him and then he was utterly shit here. 

15 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

I don't agree on Alves but the stuff about Pedro I couldn't agree with with more.

The most baffling decision we've ever made as a club.

McCoist I never liked as a manager from day one. But I get why he was appointed, it was known for years he was getting groomed by Smith but in the first few games you knew he was a disaster waiting to happen and the admin/punted down the leagues kept him on years longer than he should have been.

Warburton, again I got. It was a bit of an experiment and he had us playing good stuff and got us out the division where McCoist and McCall failed. It was right he left when he did.

Gerrard I'm mixed on. I don't think he's the type of manager that will bring us titles - despite all the good work he's undoubtely done in many other areas.

But Pedro Caixhina? fuck me. I'm amazed anyone that was involved in his appointment off some fancy talk and a powerpoint presentation are still in positions of power at our club.

The fact Pedro never went that night after the 5-1 Tarriers game is even more shocking. Utter numpty of a guy. Pure clown.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

McCoist I never liked as a manager from day one. But I get why he was appointed, it was known for years he was getting groomed by Smith but in the first few games you knew he was a disaster waiting to happen and the admin/punted down the leagues kept him on years longer than he should have been.

The alarm bells should have been ringing before he got the gig, Walter gave him the cup games when he was number two and we were pretty shit until Smith started calling the shots in the games, I do like McCoist but he was not a good manager.

Just now, pcbear said:

The alarm bells should have been ringing before he got the gig, Walter gave him the cup games when he was number two and we were pretty shit until Smith started calling the shots in the games, I do like McCoist but he was not a good manager.

I agree. I should have added that to the post. Awful manager, even in cup games we should have been out of sight in.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

An excellent staff coach, particularly with his experience and expertise. It never worked out for him, but I doubt many managers would have coped with the flak from all angle at the time. A shame for all how it all ended, but for me he will always be a legend.

I'm sure he could do a job for a lower league team - but the media money and attention will never see him back.

Archived