***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

Difficult start for the team especially with the striker situation at the moment, this could make the flow of our game a little more difficult so I hope Stevie G has been working on solutions.

I'd go

Shagger

Tav, Goldson, Edmondson, Barasic

Kamara,  Jack,  Aribo

Arfield,  Kent

Hagi

2-0 to the famous.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Difficult start for the team especially with the striker situation at the moment, this could make the flow of our game a little more difficult so I hope Stevie G has been working on solutions.

I'd go

Shagger

Tav, Goldson, Edmondson, Barasic

Kamara,  Jack,  Aribo

Arfield,  Kent

Hagi

2-0 to the famous.

Why is Hagi up front?

Is that simply because he scored goals in pre season?

8 minutes ago, Swally said:

Id rather have Aribo than Hagi up front

We need Aribo in the middle of the park. According to Heart and Hand Gerrard has spoken about Aribo going back there to give us somebody who can break from midfield and give us another option, particularly against teams we are struggling to break down. If we put Aribo upfront then we lose that and are back to the same problems of last year before we have even kicked a ball.

I think we will beat Aberdeen comfortably tbh.

Their shithouse tactics only work up there because they are willed on by a toxic support that hate our guts and weak willed referees who are afraid to punish them for their tactics.

Without the supporters there there won’t be the same edge to the game and that will allow our quality to come to the fore.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We need Aribo in the middle of the park. According to Heart and Hand Gerrard has spoken about Aribo going back there to give us somebody who can break from midfield and give us another option, particularly against teams we are struggling to break down. If we put Aribo upfront then we lose that and are back to the same problems of last year before we have even kicked a ball.

If alfredo is unavailable who would you put up front? Greg Stewart?

I personally think we have enough cover in midfield. After the last few friendlies Aribo is the one that has impressed, and he's clearly got  a good eye for goal and ability to dribble through a packed defence.

That's the only reason I was wanting him upfront. Might work well with Hagi feeding Aribo.

Of the midfield 3, Jack and Aribo are locked down for me with the other position up for grabs, although at the moment Kamara is our best option.

With Morelos likely out, Greg Stewart is the only one we have who can naturally play the 9 but he’s clearly not favoured and hasn’t had much game time in preseason so think it’s likely Hagi will go there with Barker out right.

Folk talking about who will play as the CF if Morelos is out.

For me, one of the most impressive things from pre season was how the front 3 weren't tied to one position, they were fluid and rotated positions repeatedly. Morelos played on the left numerous times, on the right too at times.

I don't think it's the best person capable of being a CF we need for Saturday. Its the best player with the most intelligence and ability to do similar as we've seen and play across the front 3 positions. I'd go Arfield, and leave the midfield 3 as Aribo Jack and Kamara.

Edit. Should be saying Stewart or Murphy, just not seen enough of them to have the confidence.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk talking about who will play as the CF if Morelos is out.

For me, one of the most impressive things from pre season was how the front 3 weren't tied to one position, they were fluid and rotated positions repeatedly. Morelos played on the left numerous times, on the right too at times.

I don't think it's the best person capable of being a CF we need for Saturday. Its the best player with the most intelligence and ability to do similar as we've seen and play across the front 3 positions. I'd go Arfield, and leave the midfield 3 as Aribo Jack and Kamara.

Good point

23 minutes ago, Swally said:

If alfredo is unavailable who would you put up front? Greg Stewart?

I personally think we have enough cover in midfield. After the last few friendlies Aribo is the one that has impressed, and he's clearly got  a good eye for goal and ability to dribble through a packed defence.

That's the only reason I was wanting him upfront. Might work well with Hagi feeding Aribo.

If it was me it would be Hagi centrally as a false 9 with Aribo having licence to go beyond him and either Barker or Stewart on the right (purely because they are left footed) and Kent both playing from out to in and running into the space Hagi creates by dropping off.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

If it was me it would be Hagi centrally as a false 9 with Aribo having licence to go beyond him and either Barker or Stewart on the right (purely because they are left footed) and Kent both playing from out to in and running into the space Hagi creates by dropping off.

Sounds reasonable, I'd rather have Barker than Stewart in that case, Barker deserves to start before him due to his impressive form in pre-season.

He was like a different player

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think we will beat Aberdeen comfortably tbh.

Their shithouse tactics only work up there because they are willed on by a toxic support that hate our guts and weak willed referees who are afraid to punish them for their tactics.

Without the supporters there there won’t be the same edge to the game and that will allow our quality to come to the fore.

Unless they attack the team bus before hand again

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Barker should be nowhere near our bench never mind our 1st 11, n he is right footed BTW, but pish with both so I get the mix up lol

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Barker should be nowhere near our bench never mind our 1st 11, n he is right footed BTW, but pish with both so I get the mix up lol

He has been good in pre-season.

We thought Barasic was shite and finished, and he's one of our most important players.

Before the excited fingers start rattling the keyboards, I am in no way trying to say that Barker is of the same quality or close to the quality of Barasic.

I am simply saying don't  be too quick to write him off, he was awful, but during pre-season he's shown a lot of good things and he deserves a little chance to see if this is just an isolated incident or him finally getting to grips with playing for us.

I think that's fair. We don't have the funds to endlessly bolster our squad, if Barker actually became decent for us it would give us something else to work with.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

He has been good in pre-season.

We thought Barasic was shite and finished, and he's one of our most important players.

Before the excited fingers start rattling the keyboards, I am in no way trying to say that Barker is of the same quality or close to the quality of Barasic.

I am simply saying don't  be too quick to write him off, he was awful, but during pre-season he's shown a lot of good things and he deserves a little chance to see if this is just an isolated incident or him finally getting to grips with playing for us.

I think that's fair. We don't have the funds to endlessly bolster our squad, if Barker actually became decent for us it would give us something else to work with.

Fair point mate 👍  hope your proved correct

Archived