***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We’ll dominate in patches go ahead and concede in the last 10 min. 1-1. 
We are way too weak 

Our usual failing, but if we don't play a striker it won't even go that well.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Hagi upfront for me. 

Not popular, but I'd happily bring Arfield in to play alongside Kent supporting. 

Rest of the team probably picks itself due to injuries.

I'd play Hagi Kent and Arfield too. Rotate around, no particular CF, each taking turn through middle.

Think he's the best fit for that from him,  Barker. Jones,  or Murphy. If not him then Stewart.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Some really negative predictions. We need a resounding win for morale I think.

Can you blame people we are up against a team that when they see a green and white top they fold but when a red white and blue top is in front of them they become organised and soild.

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Some really negative predictions. We need a resounding win for morale I think.

Likewise. I think we'll win tbh. 

No fans in this fixture will probably suit us tbh. 

I can't even back that up, not really, because the following Rangers support at Pittodrie is always more vocal than the home support anyway - but I just think the closed doors adds a bit of a dynamic that we can just knuckle down, concentrate and (hopefully) beat them.

I'm confident there won't be a problem.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

yeah but it's not as simple as that. You need to decide if he's in the right frame of mine (he's decided he wants away) and if we need to sell him to get funds to reinvest to improve the team, then we can't risk injury either. 

He's as good as gone. I think we move on and forget about him now. We should still (in theory) have enough to see off Aberdeen if we get the front 3 blend right and drill it into them what needs done. It's not ideal though.

He isn't as good as gone.  An acceptable offer clearly hasn't been made. The talks could last for weeks and fall through at any moment. Potentially dropping points in the hope that the deal will go through is a bigger risk imo. We also have a huge game on Thursday too. He is  by far our best striker in Europe and if he doesn't play for fear of injury our chances of progressing go from slim to zero.

As I said earlier he is our player and should start until that situation changes.

Archived