***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Who's fault is it we've only got two strikers? 

He was happy to suspend Morelos for our last game at Tynecastle but you can bet your mortgage on it that if it were Goldson or Tavernier in that situation they'd be playing. 

And tbh I think we'll drop points tomorrow with or without Morelos playing. 

SG was happy deselecting his first choice striker? He wouldn't have wanted to Morelos forced him into it. Would never happen  to Tavs and Goldson because they turn up for training in time and don't take the piss. Even if they did they'd be deselected too. To say otherwise is unsubstantiated nonsense. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

There was so many reasons tbh.

Smith saying in October he was leaving.
Being loyal to far too many players that didn't have the legs anymore - Goram, Durrant, Durie, McCall etc
Bringing Gough back instead of something fresh (although maybe the bad injury Amoruso had played the main part in that)
Laudrup with his eyes on his Chelsea move.
Selling Gascoigne.
Stupid individual errors. 
Negri's "injury"

Kilmarnock, 2nd last game, beat 1-0 at home, lost to that shite by 2 points as we won at tannadice last game, still fuckin haunts

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

I know mate. I still blame Smith. Should’ve said nothing about leaving. 

Agree some strange shooting ourselves in the foot that season, on reflection you can see why things happened the way they did, but in hindsight, we right royally fucked it up:tu:

21 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I'm sure he was delighted he had to drop him for that game.

It's Wilson and the board's fault we've only got 2 strikers, he's been asking for weeks for a third, but since we still have one fit striker he should play until a deal has been agreed unless he's mentally not prepared to.

Maybe we would have had the resources for a third striker sooner if he hadn’t wasted so much money on garbage players last Summer that we are still stuck with now. If we are in a position where we have to move players on before we can buy then Gerrard isn’t blameless either.

I honestly find it hard to believe people can't empathise with players and understand it's not black and white, no I'm not talking about kneeling.

These guys are human beings, being a footballer doesn't exempt you from being affected by things happening in your life.

This is especially true nowadays as we see less and less hardmen like souness and butcher, and there being a more psychological approach toward player management.

As I've said over and over, the decision is Gerrard's whether Morelos doesn't play or does.

Be prepared he might not play, and if he doesn't it will be because Gerrard sees him as a liability or someone who's not going to be effective in the game to warrant starting.

The "he's oor player, we play his wage, so he should start" isn't too smart is it? It's seeing the problem in simple terms and is only the start of the truth.

If Morelos has been adversely affected by all of this, and Gerrard decides not to play him - I back Gerrard. 

Even if we don't win the game and he doesn't play I'll not be moaning that Morelos should have started etc, because no one is in the position to understand Morelos's current status and able to make that assumption.

He has been affected by such things in the past and his contribution to the team during those times was minimal. 

Let's see what happens.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe we would have had the resources for a third striker sooner if he hadn’t wasted so much money on garbage players last Summer that we are still stuck with now. If we are in a position where we have to move players on before we can buy then Gerrard isn’t blameless either.

We've wasted money on players that haven't worked out for as long as I can remember, and given the current climate I expect we're not the only club that has to sell to buy. Which makes it even more important we get the best with what we've got until we do.

Having players sit on the bench or in the stand because we might risk injury is nonsense. Will we do the same when there's interest in Barasic, or Hagi? 

38 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I think we will gub them tomorrow mate. Tomorrow’s game is a marker for the season to let them all know our intent. 

Agree with you here, I have an unusual confidence for this fixture that we’ll see them off by 2 goals or more...

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was happy to suspend Morelos for our last game at Tynecastle

And tbh I think we'll drop points tomorrow with or without Morelos playing. 

That was because he came back a day late and not disciplining him would have set a dangerous precedent for the squad and how people viewed or respected him as a manager imo. [Morelos fault] and not the first time he cost  us massively by being daft.

We should really be pumping them, even more so with the sheep losing their strikeforce. Anything but a win hasn't even entered possibility for me tbh and I'd say I  can be fairly cynical. Glass half full mate:pipe:

If he starts only to get injured and costs us potentially upwards of £18m Gerrard should be sent packing immediately. 

But he would be playing regardless of whether that bid was coming in? Until there is a fee to match what we want for him he plays. We can't just not play someone when a bid comes in, if he get's inured it will be rotten luck but no way should Gerrard be sacked for playing our best player. That's madness. 

If he starts only to get injured and costs us potentially upwards of £18m Gerrard should be sent packing immediately. 

Katie got injured training,Negri playing squash,Broadfoot cooking. Injuries can happen at anytime or location.

1 hour ago, trueblueal said:

Lille could sign Jonathan David and drop their interest. If he's ours he plays. Window open until October, could be a long wait 

I think that's the key point - if we don't play him in the event that he might be sold, working on the basis that he could be injured or might not give his all, we set a precedent that he can't be played at all until he's sold on the same basis.

Unless we happen to bring someone else in before he leaves, I don't know that we can afford to leave him out - we need every point we can get in the league, and we need to get through the euro qualifiers.

I'd play him.

52 minutes ago, LV said:

Katie got injured training,Negri playing squash,Broadfoot cooking. Injuries can happen at anytime or location.

It’s being kind calling boiling an egg in the microwave “cooking”.

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

I know mate. I still blame Smith. Should’ve said nothing about leaving. 

Major mistake for Walter. Shook our support, I was totally devestated at the news. Surely  impacted the players. 

Still by far the greatest Rangers manager in my lifetime. 

Archived