Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

Hate playing these bastards.

I think it's interesting, in an era whereĀ football is largely a non-contact sportĀ these cunts can announce pre-match their intentionĀ is to be extremely aggressive and physical towards us. TheyĀ signal their intent with their talk about getting in peoples faces, what they are really saying is; 'Our game plan is to kick the fuck out of them, please don't stop us', to which the referee awards them carte blanche and adjusts his perspective on what constitutes a foul accordingly. Flying elbows are now legal, persistent fouling no longer exists, hammering players in the back with your shoulder to launch them off the parkĀ is now a fair challenge and leaving your bootĀ in with yourĀ studs showingĀ every single time you raise your foot is now acceptable. Freekicks are also largely prohibited in any dangerous areas which we may be capable ofĀ scoringĀ from.

Seen this scriptĀ hundreds of times now. Any other team in world football would emerge from these matches having played against 8 men. We leaveĀ with 20 stitches and a list ofĀ injuries.

Time was that anything dished out to us would be given back in spades - Jaws was a prime example of that. Those days are unfortunately long gone.

40 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Pubs can just about show the game, strictly limited socially distanced numbers allowed, tv sound off, no shouting, cheering or celebrating goals with anything else than a softly whispered well done chaps so as to avoid droplets being spread.

Sounds fun eh? Think I would rather spend the time having my baws shaved with a rusty razor. Welcome to Snatzi Scotland.

:mutley:

Archived