Official Livingston vs Rangers Match Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Last para is key. We dont make our own lu ck

The more hard work you put in, the less luck you need to achieve what you want.

Hard Work -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Luck

↑

I'd say our players have to get to around where the arrow is to win the league.

It's a pity they didn't seem to show any urgency until 80min today

Worrying times

Btw, I’ve been Goldson’s biggest critic. 

This season he’s been tremendous, strolling it at the back, passing has been outrageously good at times. 

By far the leader of the team, constantly shouting at folk, organising the full back line, telling Jack and Kamara where they should be etc.   

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Btw, I’ve been Goldson’s biggest critic. 

This season he’s been tremendous, strolling it at the back, passing has been outrageously good at times. 

By far the leader of the team, constantly shouting at folk, organising the full back line, telling Jack and Kamara where they should be etc.   

Oh really? This is the same guy who starts pass the parcel across the back line and takes us an hour to get up the park.

Then there is his long balls to no one when their is no cunt left in the back line to pass to as the oppo eventually close us down before they fall asleep, as he eventually comes forward.

Heed like a fifty pence and intimidates no cunt. I've seen tougher Mars bars.

Livingstone hardly in his half for him to be under pressure, but it still took a fucking hour to get the ball forward as he fannies about on it thinking he's Beckanbauer.

A big chancer and a loser along with his serial loser to the right of him.

Ah but... 

32 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We handled everything Livingstone threw at us .

The guy is off his nut , Livingstone barely had a man in our half of the field the whole game.......

He is firefighting. He knows yesterday was a disgrace and has to find positives somewhere. The fact is, him and his team have been serving up results like yesterday for 3 seasons now and there is no sign that he or his coaches have tried anything to change the way we break down these teams. There is a word for people who do the same thing over and over and expect different results. 

Livi keeper making debut. Livi only had 1 point from 3 games. They were sitting bottom/2nd bottom of the league. Hibs took 4 off them last week. Yesterdays result was so indicative of us under SG. 

The intensity was there and

we coped with everything livi threw at us

are 2 of the worst /idiotic statements I’ve heard from a manager 

he must think we’re stupid.

you just haven’t got a clue about tactics/or how to break down a massed defence

After letting the dust settle from yesterday, my thoughts are that i question some players attitudes and also the gaffers ability to change things, yes its early in the season but its about momentum and putting a marker down and that yesterday  had neither, not 1 player taking the game by the scruff o the neck and driving others on round about them always the safe option. 

Why 2 holding midfielders

Why the said 2 sit so deep 

Why we dont commit bodys forward

Yesterday was a deja vu o last season, that for me is a concern 

Thats where i ask myself has mr gerrard got it in his locker to change his system, and i really question that.. 

All teams in the spl just need to look at livi, s set up yesterday and say if we want a point this is how we set up as stevie g has only the 1 style, time he shuffled the pack and started given teams something to think about 

4-4-2

3-5-2

It might put pressure on certain players to win individual battles, but when you pull on the Rangers jersey that is expected

I thought this would be a tough one, and although leagues aren't won or lost in August this is a blow.

This season there is going to be an overeaction to every dropped point. And rightly so.

I'd imagine their fans went into meltdown at the Killie result.

This season means so much and I'm not sure our players really get it, and can not handle that pressure to win EVERY league game.

It worries me to say that I think their players and manager"get it" more and can handle it better.

That could be the difference.

9 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

"I don't think we did much wrong in terms of our overall play and intensity"..... 

2e27c01884ff4f0d64872b0bfd9a6bae.gif

I couldn’t bring myself to listen to any of the interviews. I’m too annoyed at that performance. I don’t want to hear the expected “we dominated possession” or “we struggled in the final third” etc. 

As a fan I can accept occasionally dropping points if we have peppered their goal with shots, their keeper has a blinder and we’ve left everything out there. I get it’s early in the season and we are top. People say don’t worry but when I see us drop points against same teams, playing the same way and making no attempt to change it I want to smash the dressing room door down like Terry Butcher at Parkhead. I don’t won’t them to win 10 in a row! I want to win 55. I don’t want this mentality. Last night had 0-0 all over it. I can’t accept that.  We and the players should be moaning. The management team and some of the players need to take a long look at themselves.

At times there was 5 defenders around one player yesterday in their box. 

Absaloutley strangled the game, took anti football to a new level. They wanted a point and got their point. Anything else was a bonus. 

as I said earlier in the thread. I can’t wait for their demotion.

their anti football and pitch can fuck off

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

At times there was 5 defenders around one player yesterday in their box. 

Absaloutley strangled the game, took anti football to a new level. They wanted a point and got their point. Anything else was a bonus. 

as I said earlier in the thread. I can’t wait for their demotion.

their anti football and pitch can fuck off

We could’ve aided their demotion yesterday mate if we had beat them. Any team with plastic pitch should not be in the top division. 

Ultimately we don't have a plan b and we don't play to the strengths of our squad. 

Trying to mould Kent into this 'number 10' really isn't working IMO. He looks uncomfortable with it. 

Hagi being pushed wider isn't working either. 

Morelos is having to drop too deep to get any sort of service 

Jack/kamara aren't effective as a pair but we all know that. 

I have to say the time wasting was shocking yesterday. Constant falling over to win fks, taking an age over goal kicks and throw ins. I swear one throw in took 30 odd seconds.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have tried it, but surely the ref would notice this and take action.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I have to say the time wasting was shocking yesterday. Constant falling over to win fks, taking an age over goal kicks and throw ins. I swear one throw in took 30 odd seconds.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have tried it, but surely the ref would notice this and take action.

Lolz.

5 hours ago, beararse said:

I know he’s not match fit but does anyone else got the fear that  Roofe could be a Nuno Capucho Mark II?

Hopefully it’s just down to how he wears his socks and shinnies!

The manager said he was physically 10 days away from being ready, 2 days before giving him his debut where he looked like a rabbit in head lights, he then gave him more game time yesterday still within the time frame where he previously admitted the player was not ready. My question is, why did he play Roofe at all a) when he wasn't ready and b) an hour after he praised Greg Stewart for being on top of his game and c) when the team was struggling on the pitch and needed someone absolutely ready to make a difference?

Roofe has been hung out to dry by the manager in his first 2 performances imo. 

21 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Never won a league. Doesn't know what it takes to win a league. Shows when we play in Europe how much of a difference it makes. 

thought I'd check this serial loser for you , let's see   :

FA Cup: 2000–01, 2005–06

Football League Cup: 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011–12

FA Community Shield: 2006

UEFA Champions League: 2004–05; runner-up: 2006–07

UEFA Cup: 2000–01

UEFA Super Cup: 2001

certainly disnae look like a serial loser tae me ..oh aye and over 100 caps for his country ... seems to me  " rent a gub " you're only a fan when we are winning.

Archived