Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

On 03/10/2020 at 20:02, Prso's headband said:

Had dinner at Argyle House tonight so just popped in. Went through a full rail of the orange training top, every single one I touched the sponsor was either peeling or creased. Amazing that we’re months in and it’s still the same shite getting churned out. 

Only got selected stuff out as well. For example a rail of grey and orange training shorts but no black or navy. 

Really strange set up if I’m honest, especially being a couple of months in after the shambles of a start

Bollocks. That's the exact top I bought just last week an not a single top was like that.

On 26/09/2020 at 12:23, Tiger Shaw said:

Anybody been in the Rangers shop lately, want to know if they have any long sleeved home tops available?

As of last Saturday, no long sleeves of any tops. No name printing either (apparently Covid related but I don't see why?).

I must admit though, compared to when I last went in there (last season) it's almost like a new shop. 

Bought my son the away top and must admit its bloody beautiful. That's the first time I've seen one up close and mot on the TV and actually think I prefer it over the orange top I bought for myself and the home top included. 

Nicest top we've had since our 3rd division top.

On 03/10/2020 at 12:59, Bears r us said:

I had assumed things had improved with them because the post before your one was a couple of weeks ago.

It is concerning that it seems things have not improved.

Like yourself I keep wondering what Rangers are doing to make things better, surely they are not just leaving it to Castore to make changes without pressure from the board ?? 

I bought the orange top and had a good look at them while I was trying to find the correct size. 

Didn't see a problem with any of them. 

37 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

See the tops that have transfers, the badge, sponsor etc...

How do they handle the washing machine?

Cheers in advance. 

Touch n go really. People put them on a cold wash with no softener etc like your meant to do and they peel off. Others put them on a normal wash and fuck all happens. Roll of a dice with their quality control I'm afraid.

W

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Touch n go really. People put them on a cold wash with no softener etc like your meant to do and they peel off. Others put them on a normal wash and fuck all happens. Roll of a dice with their quality control I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, eastwoodbear said:

The washing machine batters fuck out of them. :innocent:

Would you two recommend hand washing then?

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Probably the best course of action I'd say, even then I don't know if the transfers will guarantee to stay on. Given up with my home top now.

Is it really that bad? When did you purchase yours? 

All the ones I seen in the shop less than a week ago looked fine.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is it really that bad? When did you purchase yours? 

All the ones I seen in the shop less than a week ago looked fine.

It's bad for some and fine with others like I said. Seemed to be a big issue with the quality control early on. Mines was a preorder batch that turned up about a week after release and looked completely fine, few washes later the inside transfers had all but come off and missing two letters from the Castore logo, or should I say Casoe logo :lol:. Shit happens and lesson learnt.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It's bad for some and fine with others like I said. Seemed to be a big issue with the quality control early on. Mines was a preorder batch that turned up about a week after release and looked completely fine, few washes later the inside transfers had all but come off and missing two letters from the Castore logo, or should I say Casoe logo :lol:. Shit happens and lesson learnt.

For the price of these tops, they should all be perfect. 

I knew as soon as I heard about this deal that we were more of a score for Castore than the other way around. 

Wonder how many tools we'll see get literally ripped off a players back this season?

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Probably the best course of action I'd say, even then I don't know if the transfers will guarantee to stay on. Given up with my home top now.

At the price we're having to pay for these tops, it really should be embroidered logos we're getting on all tops. 

Is the only thing that's stopping these being the best collection of tops we've had since our days with Nike.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

See the tops that have transfers, the badge, sponsor etc...

How do they handle the washing machine?

Cheers in advance. 

My orange training tops been washed a few times on a cold wash no fabric softener and not been put in the dryer and the back castore logo is coming off and the uni bet ones coming loose. Pre ordered home top is fine though 

15 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

My orange training tops been washed a few times on a cold wash no fabric softener and not been put in the dryer and the back castore logo is coming off and the uni bet ones coming loose. Pre ordered home top is fine though 

When did you get your orange one?

Thinking of just using fabreeze on my top 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I bought the orange top and had a good look at them while I was trying to find the correct size. 

Didn't see a problem with any of them. 

I have the Turkey home top from pre-order and to be honest I see nothing wrong with it, but apparently the one made in China is much better quality.

I so much wanted this young British company to work well for us and them, and while I am not saying everything will not be good in the end it looks as if there has been a huge number of problems. The meeting with the 'so called fans reps' never touched on the biggest problems like different suppliers I have read.

As for washing my wife washed it when I got it and it was fine, but being an older Bear now I was only going to wear it to games and as you know that will not be any time soon, so the requirement for washing is not there. I would say the lowest tempt it can wash clean at and not too fast a spin would be best. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have the Turkey home top from pre-order and to be honest I see nothing wrong with it, but apparently the one made in China is much better quality.

I so much wanted this young British company to work well for us and them, and while I am not saying everything will not be good in the end it looks as if there has been a huge number of problems. The meeting with the 'so called fans reps' never touched on the biggest problems like different suppliers I have read.

As for washing my wife washed it when I got it and it was fine, but being an older Bear now I was only going to wear it to games and as you know that will not be any time soon, so the requirement for washing is not there. I would say the lowest tempt it can wash clean at and not too fast a spin would be best. :thumbup:

Did the top stretch to fit you mate....!!! 

Just now, Bears r us said:

I ordered the correct size for someone with my muscular body and it fits perfect.  :thumbsup:

Good to see you are not too bad with the Covid mate. :thumbup:

Superb mate 👍

Day 5 I'm onto nausea and diarrhoea...had to share that with you !!