Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think back nostalgically to the dozens of other tops I've bought over the years that didn't see any of the transfers / prints peel off within months.

Said no one, ever.

All my Umbro tops from ten or so years ago haven't got a single bit of transfers coming off. Puma and Hummel on the other hand were shite but expected to be shite tbh, difference being Castore promised a premium quality.

12 hours ago, esquire8 said:

All my Umbro tops from ten or so years ago haven't got a single bit of transfers coming off. Puma and Hummel on the other hand were shite but expected to be shite tbh, difference being Castore promised a premium quality.

Every strip I've ever had loses the transfer. Shouldn't happen within months tbf, and I'm not even sure when they started coming off.

I think the quality of material is superior, I just don't expect it to look 100% years down the line, my expectation is that transfers will come off regardless.

Which umbro tops are still top nick, I had a few of them over the years?

This is mine 😁

20201010_121959.jpg

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Every strip I've ever had loses the transfer. Shouldn't happen within months tbf, and I'm not even sure when they started coming off.

I think the quality of material is superior, I just don't expect it to look 100% years down the line, my expectation is that transfers will come off regardless.

Which umbro tops are still top nick, I had a few of them over the years?

This is mine 😁

20201010_121959.jpg

The only Rangers top I've had that's had peeling like that was the Blackthorn sponsored top from League 1. All my other tops have stayed in good condition including the Castore ones so far.

48 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The only Rangers top I've had that's had peeling like that was the Blackthorn sponsored top from League 1. All my other tops have stayed in good condition including the Castore ones so far.

I've never really paid attention to wash instructions, just chucked tops in with other washing at 40 degrees. That might be the right temp, maybe not.

The Castore one I've followed to the letter and top is still mint condition.

On 10/10/2020 at 19:51, BridgeIsBlue said:

The top we had in the 03/04 season was horrible for the Carling sponsor peeling off. 

That was really poorly made and tacky on; especially in comparison to the kits before it... the '97, '98 especially. 

Nuno Capucho sums up that kit.