This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People need to get off Hagi's back. He is 21 for fs and most teams in the world would love to have that potential talent on their books.

The world ends in May, unless we get the right outcome.

Potential is for other people, not us.

But in another world, you’re quite right.

55 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How does that work with Kent?

Before today it was an involvement every 135 minutes, but after playing 70 minutes the figure you've given is one in every 81 minutes (10 in 816 - post 1)?

Hagi too has improved from 141 despite playing more minutes today but no goal involvement to 127 (6 in 762 from post 1)? Unless he's getting an assist for Ittens 2nd and this improves his stats?

Hagi has been credited with an assist for Ittens 2nd.

He is a moment's player, could do absolutely fuck all for the full game but still produce a moment of magic. 

Should be played central but, hope Gerrard will stop with sticking him out on the wing as you can get so much more from that position as Jones proved today. 

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Great player with vision and creativity. Only thing lacking is pace. 

He needs to be played centrally where he doesnt need to run so much - see James Rodriguez. Still only a kid and will get better.

I think that’s the rub - fine skills but lacks pace.

Others will have pace, but lack fine skills, or consistency, or attitude.

Guess if they all had all the attributes, they’d probably be playing for somebody else?

1 hour ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

What a lot of shite. without the support play and ammunition strikers are isolated and useless.

Hagi has talent and vision, not everything comes off for him but he never hides, he needs to find consistency but the talent and vision he's shown is enough to persevere with him, he will develop the consistency and imo will become an valuable asset under the tutelage of Gerrard.

Nothing to do with Hagi, it’s about the obsession with stats in the modern game.

Look at this example.

Great turn by Kamara, good through ball stuck away by Arfield. But how important was Defoe’s dummy? Does he get an “assist” too?

The only stat that matters is who scored.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No because he didn't touch the ball, Kamara gets the assist. 

Exactly.

Yet the dummy made the goal.

The only touch that mattered was Arfield’s.

The rest is just part of the game, not something for sad cunts to dissect and obsess over until the day they eventually get a bird.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Exactly.

The rest is just part of the game, not something for sad cunts to dissect and obsess over until the day they eventually get a bird.

Statistics are part of the game, football has moved on. 

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No because he didn't touch the ball, Kamara gets the assist. 

Which is ridiculous, see when Brian McClair stretched and got a toe to the ball to poke it to beckham who scored from his own half that’s an assist noo 😂

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Exactly.

You only need to look as recent as today mate , Scotty Arfield pass to itten for the first goal is an assist , crisp enough pass , but the lads flicked it up and put it in the top corner from 20 yards 😂, c’mon ti fuck, never an assist that 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

You only need to look as recent as today mate , Scotty Arfield pass to itten for the first goal is an assist , crisp enough pass , but the lads flicked it up and put it in the top corner from 20 yards 😂, c’mon ti fuck, never an assist that 

An assist was awarded to the player who had given the last pass to the goalscorer.

In addition, the last but two holder of the ball could get an assist provided that his action had decisive importance for the goal.

After goals from rebounds those players were awarded an assist who had shot on target.

After goals scored on penalty or by a directly converted free-kick the fouled player received a point.

In case that the goalscorer had laid on the goal for himself (dribble, solo run), no assists were awarded.

No assists were awarded, either, if the goalscorer took advantage of a missed pass by an opponent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(association_football)#:~:text=Most commonly%2C an assist is,to a teammate who scores.&text=A goal may be unassisted,systems allow for two assists.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

An assist was awarded to the player who had given the last pass to the goalscorer.

In addition, the last but two holder of the ball could get an assist provided that his action had decisive importance for the goal.

After goals from rebounds those players were awarded an assist who had shot on target.

After goals scored on penalty or by a directly converted free-kick the fouled player received a point.

In case that the goalscorer had laid on the goal for himself (dribble, solo run), no assists were awarded.

No assists were awarded, either, if the goalscorer took advantage of a missed pass by an opponent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(association_football)#:~:text=Most commonly%2C an assist is,to a teammate who scores.&text=A goal may be unassisted,systems allow for two assists.

I know mate I just think in some cases it’s ridiculous and we start making out players are doing something they’re not 

Statistics state a telling tale which most definitely is important but it can also  be flawed. Because there is more... I remember watching Hagi pass a beautiful ball to Barisic which resulted in a goal. Without that pass, we don't score yet he is not mentioned on the stats.

Today, he got an assist when the ball bounced off his back. When people look back months from now they will only see the statistic..

I watch the game and analyze with my eyes not through the box score. To me, even though he hasn't played great, I value Hagi as a fabulous player with so much potential.

Statistics tell a tale but not always a story.

49 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Statistics state a telling tale which most definitely is important but it can also  be flawed. Because there is more... I remember watching Hagi pass a beautiful ball to Barisic which resulted in a goal. Without that pass, we don't score yet he is not mentioned on the stats.

Today, he got an assist when the ball bounced off his back. When people look back months from now they will only see the statistic..

I watch the game and analyze with my eyes not through the box score. To me, even though he hasn't played great, I value Hagi as a fabulous player with so much potential.

Statistics tell a tale but not always a story.

Think a pretty good example of stats not telling the whole story is Kent last season. If I'm not mistaken he ended up with 0 league assists and only 1 "hockey assist" as well yet he was so vital to us. 

I must admit though I'd like to see hockey assists tallied up in football stats, even if it's a bit flawed. 

27 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Think a pretty good example of stats not telling the whole story is Kent last season. If I'm not mistaken he ended up with 0 league assists and only 1 "hockey assist" as well yet he was so vital to us. 

I must admit though I'd like to see hockey assists tallied up in football stats, even if it's a bit flawed. 

He was pish last season tbf

6 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

He is doing fine. Think he’s really promising when played in the centre. 
I would much rather see wingers playing wide.

For me it’s between Aribo, Arfield and Hagi for the 3rd slot in midfield. 

Aribo, Davis, Jack and Kamara fighting for the other central positions. 

And perhaps another coming in?

Archived