This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hagi has been credited with an assist for Ittens 2nd.

Figures still don't stack up for Kent. His involvement ratio can't have improved when he played but didn't have goal involvement.

And by comparison if the current figures are correct then Kent has involvement in one every 80ish minutes to Hagis one every 127 minutes. That seems plausible but all it shows is Kent is excelling.

Fwiw I think Hagi will be excellent for us (maybe not fully til next season) He'll just struggle for consistency. I think he'll be used a bit sparingly, and from the bench, especially as others come back from injury.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hagi is the kind of player who threads a pass, sees things others don't and plays the ball and makes other run on to it. He should be central, picking passes and putting the ball into areas for players to run on to. No pace, nether did Cantona and thats the type of player he will become.

It’s mad how our support take to shite like McCrorie and Jones who give a good performance now and again while slate a boy who consistently contributes.

Hagi gives the all away but he does so by trying a forward pass. We slate Jack, Kamara etc for passing too safe but Hagi gets it for trying to be positive. 

Hagi has a great eye for a pass without a doubt and his assists prove this. For me he’s underperformed at taking on his man and keeping possession in good areas. I expect a little bit more from him as he has the tools to take on and beat his man. He will eventually come good though imo. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Kents been absolutely fucking superb, why are people trying to play down his importance in our team?

It’s the one thing that makes stats misleading IMO.

Hagi is getting credited with assists for making a final pass before a goal but Kent is the one who is dominating games. 

Hagi is on the fringes of games too often for my liking, but that is something I expected tbh. As he plays more football his influence on games should improve because he’s still young and should, in theory at least, only get better.

10 hours ago, Creampuff said:

People also don’t seem to realise quite how young Hagi is, either. He’s younger than the McCrorie brothers ffs! 

Feels like those boys have never grown old haha they have always been around.

I can see Robbie being our number 1 in years to come. I remember when McGregor was out on loan to Dunfermline was it? And Ross McCrorie in my opinion he is the one we have let away i am still very surprised by letting him go to the sheep.

He’s the only player we’ve got in the squad that can do what he does. He is inconsistent but will get better I believe.

His pass for Kents goal v Braga showed he can produce something out of nothing and that’s what we’ve been missing. 

We will need our whole squad to play a part this season and Hagi will be heavily involved 

5 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Feels like those boys have never grown old haha they have always been around.

I can see Robbie being our number 1 in years to come. I remember when McGregor was out on loan to Dunfermline was it? And Ross McCrorie in my opinion he is the one we have let away i am still very surprised by letting him go to the sheep.

AC042C14-FC9D-4E5D-BE1C-B08BDA8E4C86.jpeg

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Involved in 6 goals home and abroad - 762 minutes played. 

Kent - 10 in 816

Morelos - 8 in 620

Tavernier - 10 in 941

Not bad for a boy who hasn't even played 20 full games for us yet, eh? :whistle:

Well said, as a forward player we have to judge on his goal impact - think we all know Hagi has room for improvement but that doesn't automatically mean he's been poor.

We saw with Kent last season, consistency was his problem and Hagi probably the same - but to say he's 'had a poor start to the season' is short sighted. 

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

An assist was awarded to the player who had given the last pass to the goalscorer.

In addition, the last but two holder of the ball could get an assist provided that his action had decisive importance for the goal.

After goals from rebounds those players were awarded an assist who had shot on target.

After goals scored on penalty or by a directly converted free-kick the fouled player received a point.

In case that the goalscorer had laid on the goal for himself (dribble, solo run), no assists were awarded.

No assists were awarded, either, if the goalscorer took advantage of a missed pass by an opponent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(association_football)#:~:text=Most commonly%2C an assist is,to a teammate who scores.&text=A goal may be unassisted,systems allow for two assists.

“awarded an assist”

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That’s what happens Colin, you might not like it but mocking somebody for posting something that actually happens just makes you look a numpty 😆

Think Colin believes that players are getting wee trophies for each assist they get. 

Archived