This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still very young and adapting to a different footballing style and  culture, the lad clearly has talent and its for us to work with him to get the best out of him. Whether that be physically, positionally or something else that makes him a more rounded player.

It was only last season Kent was a waste of money and now if we sell him the league's over. 

One thing for sure with Hagi that can sometimes be labelled to other talented players of his age he doesn’t lack effort ,It’s decision making that lets him down ,that will only improve with games .

Even at 21 he hasn’t had the amount of games most 21year olds have had .

On 27/09/2020 at 22:02, BridgeIsBlue said:

Involved in 6 goals home and abroad - 762 minutes played. 

Kent - 10 in 816

Morelos - 8 in 620

Tavernier - 10 in 941

Not bad for a boy who hasn't even played 20 full games for us yet, eh? :whistle:

Does he sit down at half-time though?  That's the question we need answered...

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

One thing for sure with Hagi that can sometimes be labelled to other talented players of his age he doesn’t lack effort ,It’s decision making that lets him down ,that will only improve with games .

Even at 21 he hasn’t had the amount of games most 21year olds have had .

120 league games by 21 is comfortably more than most...

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Jones and Arfields goal involvement stats like Morelos, Kent and Tav are all better than Hagi's. 

Not really the best measure for demonstrating his effectiveness compared to others.

I would say it is considering most of the players you've mentioned have been here for years, whilst Hagi is only still fresh in the door. 

35 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I would say it is considering most of the players you've mentioned have been here for years, whilst Hagi is only still fresh in the door. 

Kent is the most comparable is he not, considering the free roles both tend to play around a centre forward, and Hagi is nowhere close to his figures.

I think Hagi is better than what he's given us a bit too often this season. His figures are decent, not wonderful, probably fair.

But you're the one bringing others into it in post one to give context to figures - they really aren't the best and as shown there's at least 5 others strongers including a defender. Didnt realise length of time here was a factor, not sure why you'd give comparative figures for the players you did if that was the case.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kent is the most comparable is he not, considering the free roles both tend to play around a centre forward, and Hagi is nowhere close to his figures.

I think Hagi is better than what he's given us a bit too often this season. His figures are decent, not wonderful, probably fair.

But you're the one bringing others into it in post one to give context to figures - they really aren't the best and as shown there's at least 5 others strongers including a defender. Didnt realise length of time here was a factor, not sure why you'd give comparative figures for the players you did if that was the case.

Hagi and Kent are completely different players imo. 

And I did mention the length of time Hagi has been here for in the OP fwiw. 

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hagi and Kent are completely different players imo. 

And I did mention the length of time Hagi has been here for in the OP fwiw. 

Of course they're different but in terms of creative role he's the likeliest comparison. If not who would you say is, or who with a similar role to Hagi that you could compare to?

You didn't mention the length of time, you mentioned his number of games tbh.

You also gave 3 other players and their goal involvement stats. The reason for that is obviously context / comparison, no? If not why did you include their stats?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Of course they're different but in terms of creative role he's the likeliest comparison. If not who would you say is, or who with a similar role to Hagi that you could compare to?

You didn't mention the length of time, you mentioned his number of games tbh.

You also gave 3 other players and their goal involvement stats. The reason for that is obviously context / comparison, no? If not why did you include their stats?

Hagi is an impact player, could have 80 odd minutes of doing nothing in a game then produce a moment of brilliance, we don't have any other creative players like that in the side.

Number of games played is an easy measurement to use and it's comparable to length of time a player has been here, Hagi has only just played a quarter of a league campaign, whilst others I posted have got the experience. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hagi is an impact player, could have 80 odd minutes of doing nothing in a game then produce a moment of brilliance, we don't have any other creative players like that in the side.

Number of games played is an easy measurement to use and it's comparable to length of time a player has been here, Hagi has only just played a quarter of a league campaign, whilst others I posted have got the experience. 

A full match with 80mins of nothing but 2 assists and a goal is far better than 90mins of decent stuff and nowt .

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

A full match with 80mins of nothing but 2 assists and a goal is far better than 90mins of decent stuff and nowt .

He's an easy target for the type that go to games and start greeting at the first misplaced pass etc. 

As we've seen with others he needs time, that's all it's going to take as the talent is unquestionably there. 

I know we've still got massive games coming up but I can't wait to see how he does against the tarriers. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hes not though is he, he's taking a game and a half for that goal involvement. If you only consider stats that is.

I'm now lost. You're the one introducing involvement stats, giving others stats for reasons not yet confirmed. But now others stats are shown stronger, the different roles and length of time Hagi is here is now of importance.

So are his figures strong as figures comparative to others? If yes, I'd rather those of 4 others highlighted who aren't CFs and don't have the luxury role Hagi does. If not, are you saying his age / length if time/ no of games here are the contributable factors needing considered?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's an easy target for the type that go to games and start greeting at the first misplaced pass etc. 

As we've seen with others he needs time, that's all it's going to take as the talent is unquestionably there. 

I know we've still got massive games coming up but I can't wait to see how he does against the tarriers. 

Reckon the support have overhyped the boy themselves.All through the close season folk were desperate for the team to be built around him as a central no 10 .I thought it was still a bit early for him to have that role .

Im the same as you I can’t wait to see him go against those taigs ,On his game he could be sensational against them ,even with 80mins of average play .

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hes not though is he, he's taking a game and a half for that goal involvement. If you only consider stats that is.

I'm now lost. You're the one introducing involvement stats, giving others stats for reasons not yet confirmed. But now others stats are shown stronger, the different roles and length of time Hagi is here is now of importance.

So are his figures strong as figures comparative to others? If yes, I'd rather those of 4 others highlighted who aren't CFs and don't have the luxury role Hagi does. If not, are you saying his age / length if time/ no of games here are the contributable factors needing considered?

tenor.thumb.gif.ad19b5acab6a3084d3b74c95f3a30992.gif

Archived