This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

I like Hagi as a player, hes got good ability and good vision, can pick a pass and not scared to have a crack at goal. the only thing I dont like is that hes pretty slow, just has no pace at all.

Happy to have him here though and if he keeps developing his talents then pace wont be as much of a problem.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How stupid are you? Seriously?

I said Kent gets massively praised for a performance similar to what Hagi put in today, Hagi never had a poor performance you idiot!

Like I said above to Broxi, completely irrelevant to my point, how about we deal with the point I made?

I'm comparing a specific type of performance from Hagi today to one similar to Kent. Why are you and Broxi bringing in Kents weak performances lately into the discussion? 

Kent was praised for his workrate against the scum and Morelos was getting slated. 

The bit in bold is utter lies, expect better from you, but maybe I shouldn't considering where you spend some time...

I can only assume you're raging because you know i'm right tbh.

I only go on what i read mate, you're a good poster, but very repetitive when it comes to Kent, imo. 

Other posters are the same with Morelos etc and that's fine, but you can't give an honest opinion on a player when you're only looking for their mistakes...

Where do i spend some time?

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its why 'assists' can be very misleading.

As you said someone can play a pass to Messi in his own box, he beats x amount of players and scores, officially it's correct to give an assist. Set plays also help players up their assist count.

I always maintain the best pass in the move is the most important, Xavi used to play them regularly to Pedro/Alves and they play a simple side pass and get the assist. Pre assist I guess. :mutley:

Not always

Many places do not award an assist for a 'solo goal' where a player has gone on a dribble or run

31 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Consistency in his passing/decision making etc.

I think that’s up there as well. Played some great passes today and his decision making is on point. Definitely room for improvement I’m not denying that, but I think he’s really coming onto a game.

Either way great position to be in when we’re demanding more from a player who has been one of our main contributors to our goals. 

He started really well today. No complaints with him. Very creative in the final third and will only improve as a player. There are some bigger games which I imagine Gerrard will leave him out of due to needing a bit more grit in there.

Btw he had a cracking effort against standard from about 30 yards which would have been unreal had it dipped another yard.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Officially the final pass before a goal is always awarded as an assist. Many sites and fantasy football places have own specific non official rules, like giving assists for winning penalties or free kicks. Rebounds from shot etc. Same with 'solo goals'

Even 'officially' it varies by competition. For example in the World Cup they don't award assists for solo goals and do for winning fouls. Definitely saw one source following these rules for our stats which is why I also adopted some of these variations. But you are correct in saying that the official SPFL stats do it the basic way 

41 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Respectfully have to disagree with you here mate. I have praised Kent this year. Like me you're good at looking back at previous posts, so you can double check, end of September I posted about Kent having equalled his assist tally already compared to last year and how long may it continue. It's only been the last week that I've brought Kent into discussion with the Morelos and Hagi debates. 

I've not even had a go at Kent on here for months. :lol: Just bring up the hypocrisy of some when it comes to Kent, Hagi and Morelos. People have called Morelos shit and to be dropped, my posts have only said Kent needs a rest. So there's the clear difference.

Had you picked Davis instead you may have had a point, but even then I think he's playing well just now. 

Anyway been too good of a day/week to continue to debate something like this, especially when people are not focusing on the exact point I was putting across regarding Hagi's performance. To me it was clear that I was talking about Hagi's performance getting downgraded and similar Kent performances(not this season) were praised.  

Agree with the two points getting made here....at the start of the season their were still parts of kents game that were frustrating me as was Hagi.....both will have moments of class that will turn games for us...let's just embrace the fact that their numbers are stacking up in terms of goals & assists 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Hagis “assist” barker goal to , barker touched the baw 9 times beating 2 men before it hit the net 😂🙈

Hagi played him through on goal basically, it wasn't his fault Barker took such a disgusting first touch wide of goal meaning he had to then cut back across 😂

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Hagi played him through on goal basically, it wasn't his fault Barker took such a disgusting first touch wide of goal meaning he had to then cut back across 😂

He actually played the buff in who was offside , but agree mate barker scoring was a disgrace 😝😂

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Easy to forget he's only turned 22. Biggest compliment you can give him is that it's easy to forget that and expect far more of him than you would of other players with the same level of inexperience, because you can see the talent he has. He's going to be inconsistent or make mistakes as he learns the game and improves his decision-making. Sometimes he's too ambitious, sometimes he's too slack or loses focus, it happens. The important thing is that he is a yard or two quicker in his head and he has the ability not only to see the game-changing passes/assists but then to make them - that's an inherent natural talent and footballing intelligence that defines better players from the rest. His assist for Aribo is a case in point, where he showed a very quick speed of thought. And he's making those passes every game.

He's delivering despite not being at his best and is statistically one of our most impactful and influential players. I'm personally delighted with him. Once everything clicks for him he could well be a few classes above this league.

Really well put mate, don't think his pass for Aribo got enough credit. Think the longer the season goes on and the more he plays he'll get better. Totally agree I'm delighted with him as well. Think creatively we're a better side with him in it.

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Hagis “assist” barker goal to , barker touched the baw 9 times beating 2 men before it hit the net 😂🙈

Agree assist stats can be a nonsense. But it’s fairly obvious his contributions to goal involvement.

An intelligent player who adds a lot. As  I’ll say probably every week we’re involved in 4 competitions we can win.

5 subs can be used in the league and with so many games it’s all about the squad this season. And I would say there’s no one that has actually let us down this season. They’ll all be involved and contribute a lot and be needed.(well apart from Stewart)

Hagi is getting there. Nothing wrong with him. Folk still expect him to be like De Bruyne or something. He's a young kid, settling into Scottish football who cost 3-million (which is no grand fee these days when there's scores of players you've never even heard of every window moving about Europe for double that).

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Hagi is getting there. Nothing wrong with him. Folk still expect him to be like De Bruyne or something. He's a young kid, settling into Scottish football who cost 3-million (which is no grand fee these days when there's scores of players you've never even heard of every window moving about Europe for double that).

I don't think you've meant this but De Bruyne is probably the best comparison you could make. Even Kevin De Bruyne had many stinkers a few seasons ago where he was trying to play a killer pass every time and things weren't coming off. Hagi has similar vision for a pass. I thought he was excellent today and will be a brilliant signing.

Archived