This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He’s got yet another assist, fuck knows how many that is now, so while I agree he has more to come he’s already a big player for us

Top of the SPFL assist table. More to come but that certainly isn’t inconsistent. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Kent puts in similar performances and people speak highly of him, Hagi does it and there is a reluctance to fully praise him and saying he can do better.

He can, of course, but I really dislike the double standards when it comes to certain players.

Needs to slap leggo like a wee lassie imo

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He’s got yet another assist, fuck knows how many that is now, so while I agree he has more to come he’s already a big player for us

Outwith his assist, i thought he done well at times, but was sloppy in possession and made a quite a few poor passes as well.

More to come, definitely. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kent puts in similar performances and people speak highly of him, Hagi does it and there is a reluctance to fully praise him and saying he can do better.

He can, of course, but I really dislike the double standards when it comes to certain players.

You were doing exactly this with Morelos in many people's eyes

And Kent was almost unanimously judged to have given a poor performance today and everyone was calling for him to be subbed. Hagi has been given praise for a better performance today. Don't see any issue personally 

Young players are always a risk and we’ve been guilty of treating talented young players like the messiah and placing them under massive pressure. It has been worse in recent seasons as our squad hasn’t been good. The way our squad is now is ideal for a young player like Hagi as there is less reliance on him. There are others who can come in. For me he shows lots of quality but needs a little more consistency and end product, similar to most young players. Look at how Kent has improved this year too. Hagi has the tools to be a top player and has been important domestically and in Europe. 

9 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Thought the criticism was OTT at the start of the season, see's passes a lot of other players just don't see.

Some of his plays go unnoticed because his football brain is ahead of some of the others.

I think he will contibute a lot over the season he won't play in certain games as Gerard will know more than anyone on here, he lacks pace but if he had that he wouldn't be playing for Rangers,:rangers:

Hagi has been the difference in countless games with accurate passing for that all important deadlock breaking goal, today was just another one of them.  Previously we would toil at 0-0 for ages before struggling to a draw or conceding and full on panicking.  Excellent player.  If he had pace to burn then he would be out of our reach.  My only criticism is that I would like to see him shoot a bit more from distance as he has a fair hit on him.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Everyone of those thinking that were talking utter shit.

Morelos was being compared to Barker ffs. It's really not hard to grasp. :lol:

Give you a perfect example of today, Itten is being praised for holding the ball up etc, the same thing Morelos has been doing but you and others want to slate him.

I also said Morelos should be on the bench today and can do better much, but as normal you and others have a real issue actually reading posts. There's a middle ground in that Morelos has been better than what you and others have claimed and that he can also put in better performances. Some just have an issue grasping that middle ground sadly!

Of course you don't, I will make it clear AGAIN. Kent has put in similar performances to Hagi today and people are wax lyrical over those performances, Hagi doesn't get the same praise. Kents performance and needing subbed has absolutely nothing to do with my point. 

Nah mate :lol: 

You've literally memorised every single game that Davis has been supposedly poor for the last 2 years and it gets brought out fairly often yet defend Morelos when he's had a poor 10 months straight. That's a double standard in my eyes, more so than I've seen regarding Kent/Hagi. 

And how does people criticising Kent's performance today have nothing to do with your claim that Kent gets praised for poor performances? It's literally contradictory to your claim

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I've not seen anyone say anything positive about Kents performances recently tbh.

Also, bit weird you keep bringing Kent into discussions about other players. 

I know you were very critical of his performances last season, and liked to remind everyone as much as possible about how much more he should be doing, but it's time to move on imo.

Just now, Cedrick said:

Out and out assist today , some of the assists getting thrown about in the modern game fucking ridiculous though , Clive saying today Kamara got an assist for roofes goal Thursday , fuck off 😂😂😂

Yeah I didn't give Kamara one in my thread :lol: already had to reluctantly give out a few 'assists' this season

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

How stupid are you? Seriously?

I said Kent gets massively praised for a performance similar to what Hagi put in today, Hagi never had a poor performance you idiot!

Like I said above to Broxi, completely irrelevant to my point, how about we deal with the point I made?

I'm comparing a specific type of performance from Hagi today to one similar to Kent. Why are you and Broxi bringing in Kents weak performances lately into the discussion? 

Kent was praised for his workrate against the scum and Morelos was getting slated. 

The bit in bold is utter lies, expect better from you, but maybe I shouldn't considering where you spend some time...

Settle down mate ffs

Losing the plot

Just now, Broxi said:

Yeah I didn't give Kamara one in my thread :lol: already had to reluctantly give out a few 'assists' this season

Hagis “assist” barker goal to , barker touched the baw 9 times beating 2 men before it hit the net 😂🙈

Just now, Cedrick said:

Hagis “assist” barker goal to , barker touched the baw 9 times beating 2 men before it hit the net 😂🙈

Can't remember which one this is specifically but I remember there was one that Hagi got that I didn't want to give either. Might have been one when someone crossed the ball in and it deflected off Hagi's arse before being scored

Archived