Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Sadiq was sold last summer for about £5m.  Didn't make it here but obviously made an impact elsewhere.  

Couldn't handle the pressure imo, but he's a weird player, looks like a spider trying to control the ball. Clumsy as fuck.

Just now, Swally said:

Couldn't handle the pressure imo, but he's a weird player, looks like a spider trying to control the ball. Clumsy as fuck.

In the games I seen him he made one weirdly amazing run haha! But that was it. I don’t even know where he is nowadays 😂

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

Exactly, we have more options yet Morelos is still the guy Gerrard plays in the Old Firm game and in Europe.  That tells you he's still our best striker in the mind of our manager.

Last season Dick Advocaat made the point that Morelos and Defoe are two completely different types of striker.  Morelos will come deep, link play, bully defenders, etc.  Defoe wants a ball over the top.

Morelos is our man for the big occasion.  He does an incredible amount of work even when he doesn't score.  

It’s a different Morelos this season but I can’t remember the last time he bullied a defender and his link up has been more poor than good tbh. Had roofe been fit enough he would’ve started at parkhead.

1 minute ago, Ayrblue1 said:

In the games I seen him he made one weirdly amazing run haha! But that was it. I don’t even know where he is nowadays 😂

It wouldn't be fair to the lad to say it's down to luck but that's the way it seems, it seems like the ball just hits off him in a lucky way, it's no really controlled :lol:

I think he's in spain, don't know who he's playing for

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

It’s a different Morelos this season but I can’t remember the last time he bullied a defender and his link up has been more poor than good tbh. Had roofe been fit enough he would’ve started at parkhead.

Aye cause he's been asked to play a different role in the team. How the fuck can't people see this? 

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos had an 80% pass completion rate against Celtic and Standard.  His link up play has been spot on.  He's always available for a pass and his movement dropping deeper and wider has been a nightmare for defenders (Aberdeen, Galatasaray, etc).  Some people, sadly, just look at the goals and don't seem to understand his overall contribution.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

It wouldn't be fair to the lad to say it's down to luck but that's the way it seems, it seems like the ball just hits off him in a lucky way, it's no really controlled :lol:

I think he's in spain, don't know who he's playing for

Its weird as fuck man Part of me would think “he’s got something there” then he fucks it. He’s nowhere near where we are right now

Just now, gazza27 said:

Aye cause he's been asked to play a different role in the team. How the fuck can't people see this? 

He’s still missing chances and his link up play has been poor with his erratic passing  and heavy touch. How the fuck can’t people not see this?

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos had an 80% pass completion rate against celtic and Standard.  His link up play has been spot on.  He's always available for a pass and his movement dropping deeper and wider has been a nightmare for defenders (Aberdeen, Galatasaray, etc).  Some people, sadly, just look at the goals and don't seem to understand his overall contribution.

His link up play was very good vs gala but he lost the ball numerous times at parkhead and a few time’s on Thursday.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s still missing chances and his link up play has been poor with his erratic passing  and heavy touch. How the fuck can’t people not see this?

This isn't true tho.  The stats show an 80% pass completion ratio despite being a striker often receiving the ball under pressure in the oppositions half.  His link up play has been of a very high standard.

In terms of movement to draw defenders out that's been working since day one.  First league game of the season he draws out a defender and plays Kent in for the only goal of the game.  Against Galatasaray he makes an excellent run that took out a defender and allowed Arfield to get in behind and score.  Without these contributions maybe we don't win at Aberdeen, or qualify for Europe.  

7 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

He’s been ‘a different Morelos’ since the win at the piggery last season, which happened without a change in role. 

Wish people would admit that he’s not half the player he can be.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s been ‘a different Morelos’ since the win at the piggery last season, which happened without a change in role. 

Wish people would admit that he’s not half the player he can be.

By 'different Morelos' people are talking about goals.  Morelos' overall play is just as good as it was at any point last season.  The goals aren't coming but I guarantee he'll still finish the season with around 25 in all competitions.  He's already scored 5.

38 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Duffy last week 

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

By 'different Morelos' people are talking about goals.  Morelos' overall play is just as good as it was at any point last season.  The goals aren't coming but I guarantee he'll still finish the season with around 25 in all competitions.  He's already scored 5.

:lol: 

blinkered. Is it fuck. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: 

blinkered. Is it fuck. 

His pass completion rate is just as high, his movement dropping deep is creating space for the midfielders which is has worked a treat, he's pressing well, etc.  The only think he's lacking is the goals.

Pass completion means fuck all when the 3 out of 10 passes he doesn’t make are that bad they allow the opposing team to counter attack like at  Liege it happened 4 times 

The new role excuse doesn’t wash with stuff like that. 

He’s well off it just now, not anywhere near close to his best. 

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

His pass completion rate is just as high, his movement dropping deep is creating space for the midfielders which is has worked a treat, he's pressing well, etc.  The only think he's lacking is the goals.

Behave mate.

Last season he was a completely different player. His passing was superb, hold up play was great and he was dynamic on the ball and would regularly beat his man. Can't even remember the last time he dribbled by a player?

He's been abysmal this season in comparison.

43 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Behave mate.

Last season he was a completely different player. His passing was superb, hold up play was great and he was dynamic on the ball and would regularly beat his man. Can't even remember the last time he dribbled by a player?

One of the posters on here, who actually knows loads about football, explained to me that it was a new super duper tactic where Morelos was being played in the role of useless passenger!!

Think its like Muhammed Ali doing the rope a dope tactic; Morelos is pretending to be useless and then will finish off our opponents, when the right time comes!! 

17 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Behave mate.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Everything I said about Morelos is factually accurate.  80% pass completion rate which is where it was at against Porto away last season.  He's drawing defenders out, holding up play, movement and pressing is still spot on.  It's just the goals he's lacking but I'm still certain he'll finish the season with about 25.

Archived