Morelos

Swagger

Just now, Rlm said:

Luv his antics against brown..but is goin to be involved from the start v them I'm not sure

Think that will come down to the gaffers confidece in Roofe, which is probably sky high at the moment. 

And if Roofe starts and scores might actually help Alfredo, but that's another feeling..........

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just dont have faith on him in one on ones whether he’s in form or not. Think he offers a lot in his all round game and he will give us goals but he’s just not a natural for me. 

look I've gave in, I've submitted, I've thrown in the towel, you've worn me down, you've won now gae it a rest 

14 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Luv his antics against brown..but is goin to be involved from the start v them I'm not sure

Should be advised the antics against Brown stop now, Browns already burying himself well enough to be ignored. 

Just concentrate on the game Alfredo, the team and the manager are with you. 

31 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You're spot on mate. He isn't a natural finisher.

He is a fantastic goalscorer but not a natural finisher.

They're both exclusive. 

His chance today just needed a little lift. Defoe, Roofe even Itten in that situation, it’s a goal. A natural finisher buries that.

Best I’ve ever see at Ibrox was Negri. Not our greatest forward but the best finisher, lethal with half a chance.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

His chance today just needed a little lift. Defoe, Roofe even Itten in that situation, it’s a goal. A natural finisher buries that.

Best I’ve ever see at Ibrox was Negri. Not our greatest forward but the best finisher, lethal with half a chance.

Some man colin

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Should be advised the antics against Brown stop now, Browns already burying himself well enough to be ignored. 

Just concentrate on the game Alfredo, the team and the manager are with you. 

It was funny giving brown a clip round the lug...but hes gota b careful in who the ref is for this game. I also think he gives celtic a problem in where hes a nuisance.. just nigglin and roughing it up. Be great if he can nick a goal v st mirren for confidence going into the derby.

If Alfie was a better finisher he wouldn't be here, don't know why people have a problem with this , I love him but he isn't a great finisher. JD is a great finisher, a natural, had hoped that he would pass some of that gold dust on to Alfie but it hasn't happened.

11 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

If Alfie was a better finisher he wouldn't be here, don't know why people have a problem with this , I love him but he isn't a great finisher. JD is a great finisher, a natural, had hoped that he would pass some of that gold dust on to Alfie but it hasn't happened.

People seem offended with this opinion, he has scored a lot of great goals for us, but as you say his finishing for someone who is your main striker isn’t great, he could have so many more goals if he was a natural 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Morelos is just down on his luck and needs a goal or 2 and he will be flying again.

Same situation for Kent, both offer a lot of endeavour but i think more happens as a direct result of Alfies play rather than Kents. 

Agreed.

But all the talk about Morelos just needing a goal is getting a bit tiresome. He's getting the chances, he's missing, only he can change his fortune and he's failing to do so. Its entirely on him.

29 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Roofe’s a good finisher and he’s here.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agreed.

But all the talk about Morelos just needing a goal is getting a bit tiresome. He's getting the chances, he's missing, only he can change his fortune and he's failing to do so. Its entirely on him.

Yeah that's what i mean though, he needs to not miss:lol:

The one v St Johnstone is a howler, no 2 ways about it but today's he was unlucky and it would have capped off a tremendous counter attacking goal. As someone else said, a better pass from Kent would have let him get his shot away quicker and gave him less work to do to get his angle. It will click for him, i'm sure it will.

Hes not scoring but doing the other work well, when he stops doing both the thats a worry, for me he starts against them, as he always gets them rattled, also the way things are going, his first goal against them will happen hopefully 🤞🏻

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah that's what i mean though, he needs to not miss:lol:

The one v St Johnstone is a howler, no 2 ways about it but today's he was unlucky and it would have capped off a tremendous counter attacking goal. As someone else said, a better pass from Kent would have let him get his shot away quicker and gave him less work to do to get his angle. It will click for him, i'm sure it will.

A better pass should have been made and would have made it easier. But odds are still in his favour, all he has to do is lift it.

Folk talk about confidence but imo the target gets bigger or smaller for a striker dependent on how the goals are going in. Morelos seems to not be able to find corners in a big goal, for him its probably a 5 a side goal in an 11s game.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A better pass should have been made and would have made it easier. But odds are still in his favour, all he has to do is lift it.

Folk talk about confidence but imo the target gets bigger or smaller for a striker dependent on how the goals are going in. Morelos seems to not be able to find corners in a big goal, for him its probably a 5 a side goal in an 11s game.

Doesn’t know where he’s putting the ball - hit and hope the majority of the time 

9 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Hes not scoring but doing the other work well, when he stops doing both the thats a worry, for me he starts against them, as he always gets them rattled, also the way things are going, his first goal against them will happen hopefully 🤞🏻

Needs to start against them, brings so much more than goals, we're not struggling for goals, his movement, (controlled) physicality and his back up play create space and opportunities for others.

I dont care if he scores v them as long as we win, him scoring would be a bonus but a deflected thunderbolt off browns face in the last minute would do me fine.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I get what you are saying, confidence is a big factor for all players and more so for some ie Morelos. He finds his early season form from last season now and we win the league, we just need to hope he does.

Archived