*****The Official Rangers v Lech Poznan Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front three pretty anonymous, they’re a competent and tidy team but we’ve beaten better this season already.  Tempo dropped after first 10mins and they’ve held on to the ball better than us since then. 

Doubt we’ll make a change at HT but Hagi is the obvious one 

I think we have been ok. We've been set up to counter them but we aren't giving ourselves the opportunity to do that because we are very passive.

We need the midfield to be a bit sharper and give more energy defensively so we don't get passed onto our goal line.

Roofe needs to offer a lot more too. The one thing Morelos gives us we that we are missing tonight is positioning and work rate when we don't have the ball.

Been a bit of a tough watch so far.  So many poor performances and slow, pedestrian passing.  Davis in particular has been completely off the pace today.  Back to looking for difficult passes backwards rather than moving the ball forward quickly.  Roofe and Hagi have also struggled to link up with anyone.  Too many misplaced passes.  Need to step it up for the second half.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I must be watching a different game because I wouldn't say they were really anything to worry about if we get our act together for the 2nd half. 

Lech are putting a shift in mate a definitely pulling our team across the pitch at times. I think once we get one they will collapse. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think we have been ok. We've been set up to counter them but we aren't giving ourselves the opportunity to do that because we are very passive.

We need the midfield to be a bit sharper and give more energy defensively so we don't get passed onto our goal line.

Roofe needs to offer a lot more too. The one thing Morelos gives us we that we are missing tonight is positioning and work rate when we don't have the ball.

Roofe looks like he’s towing a caravan.

Archived