Jones & Edmundson suspended

Billythebear77

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scottish government are right, Rangers did the right thing, they acted quickly enough to protect the rest of the squad and isolated the two involved.

This is a completely different situation from the sheep case and the tarrier one, the two didn't sit on a plane with 180 other people, then sneak back into training or actually contract the virus whilst in a pub en masse, neither had any contact with the rest of the squad, this is entirely an internal club discipline matter.

Neither of these individuals can or are in a position to defend themselves for their stupid actions. Ignorance is no defence and as such they have to take the consequences for their gross stupidity. If that means their contract is terminated, so be it. (Doubt it though)

Taking that their attendance at a 'house party has  occurred before they returned to training is our only saving grace. 

I would imagine the media frenzy and fallout including the mhanks working behind the scene to have our games postponed will go on for a few days but if something positive can come from it, it will be  a shot across the bows to all other first team players not to follow suit.

Nothing can or should be allowed to unstable our ship this year. Absolutely nothing.

25 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I have to admit I didn't see that coming from the government. 

Club has done the right thing here acting straight away and dealing with this decisively. 

Shut up the hordes over at the chamber of horrors calling for points and postponed games. They'll be raging tonight lol. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I wouldn't sack either or them.  It sets precedent and if one of our top players fucks up down the line we will have to sack them too and lose out on millions.

I certainly wouldn't sack one and not sack the other ( which is how the results of the poll are going)

Both transfer listed and never kicking a ball for us again.

When I posted a few hours ago after just hearing about it, my first thought was sack them, then I realised that is not the most sensible thing to do. I agree they should be put on the transfer list and sold in January. 

What a monumental fuck up by these two. Extraordinary they would think they could get away with this without recourse, especially in a goldfish bowl like Glasgow and the social media savvy times that we live in.

What a way to soil all the hard work done to get to this point. 

How many chances does Jones need? Seriously. He pretty much wrecked his Boro career too by being a fanny, worked hard at Killie to get another shot then shites on his own doorstep when he gets his big move to his 'boyhood heroes'. Multiple times.

Unbelievably, believe it or not, after all thats been said I do feel an ounce of sadness for them. I don't particularly like seeing someone having their career trashed (politicians aside maybe) and for people to be hounded which is what we will undoubtedly see over the next wee while. 

Haven’t read through the entire thread so might be repeating but the ramifications of this had it not been discovered straight away would have been unthinkable. If the two of them had made it into training this week we’d have been absolutely fucked. Test & protect could quite easily have asked all our players to self-isolate and the games against Benfica & Hamilton would have been in danger. 

They wont be sacked but the two of them should be heading out the door to the first club that shows an interest in January. Fucking arseholes and hopefully the dressing room make it clear they’re no longer welcome 

There can be no defence or excuse for their actions, in fact if they are that stupid then that are not aware of what’s at stake here and how much our enemies are waiting like coiled snakes to derail our title chances any chance they get, we need to be careful from now on, if the snp mob didn’t have a case against us this time they’ll be gagging for a second chance at it.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Don't think GE will be sacked as he's our 4th choice cb atm think he's done at Rangers tho JJ should be sacked 

There's absolutely no case for either to be treated differently, both would have been warned repeatedly and both would have been reminded yesterday before being given time off, htf can either stay at the club when such basic trust has been broken? let alone the fact that both have broke the law of the land.

32 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Why? No players bigger than the club, even if it was buff I'd say the same, we've waited long enough for a chance to win the league and no cunts gonna fuck it up imo.

It’s not about whether players are bigger than the club or not, we have to be pragmatic. If we sack them then we back ourself into a corner say if buff  Kent or goldson are stupid enough to do the same. Freeze out Jones and sell in January as he’s had his chance, let the fridge know it’s his last chance. I don’t downplay what they done, I’m raging with them 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fine them the maximum amount possible and make them train alone for the rest of the season, recoup what we can in the summer and get them to fuck if any club is stupid enough to give them a chance. 

Arseholes 

Get them both out on loan in January, preferably with an option to buy, cant sell them in Jan as no club would be willing to pay anything like their worth due to our need to get rid.

And we need to get rid.

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Haven’t read through the entire thread so might be repeating but the ramifications of this had it not been discovered straight away would have been unthinkable. If the two of them had made it into training this week we’d have been absolutely fucked. Test & protect could quite easily have asked all our players to self-isolate and the games against Benfica & Hamilton would have been in danger. 

They wont be sacked but the two of them should be heading out the door to the first club that shows an interest in January. Fucking arseholes and hopefully the dressing room make it clear they’re no longer welcome 

👍🏻

The saving grace (assuming the pair haven’t breached the guidelines previously) is that the team had the day off today (I’m basing that on Gerrard saying as much in his after match interview) so they didn’t get an opportunity to waltz back into training and risk infecting the first team members.

Fucking idiots deserve all they get coming to them.

Also, well done Rangers for dealing with this so publicly and swiftly.

Along with the Government’s statement, our immediate action should help dead head any media frenzy. 

Archived