*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If Shaktar and Moenchengladnach both win or draw tomorrow, Real Madrid is playing in the Europa League.

Very tight Group. I think all 4 teams can still qualify, drop to Europa or go out completely depending on results.  

14 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He’s a totally different player to Hagi or Arfield so that’s not relevant. I doubt a Jack will make it. I’d rather give Davis a rest. So comes down to Kamara or Zungu. I expect away from home we’ll go with both.

Jobs done, league is the priority.

We will need Zungu in the league undoubtedly, give him the game time and increase his match sharpness. It’s a no brainer

I don't follow you.

It's the fact he's a totally different type of player that worries me. Looking at the way he plays, and the way we play our balance will be upset and could lose our fluidity. 

You could comfortably rotate the midfield a bit and not take a chance starting Zungu and keep things fresh with Dundee United on Sunday in mind.

Job is done but there's still a lot at stake and it's a massive game.

Not sure what i would do tbh. Every game is a big game but we have 3 games in 6 days in 3 different competitions now and the aim is to win them all then we have Motherwell at home, not easy either but I’d be inclined to play our strongest possible team for the next week and bring in Zungu for Davis, Aribo for Arfield etc next Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic 

Arfield Kamara Davis 

Roofe Morelos Kent

I think we'll start strong and see how the game goes. 5 sub rule in effect so can switch players off if needing rest. 

I like that idea best tbh - start with our strongest team and if we get comfortable by all means make the changes and make the right ones.

Guys like Zungu, Itten, Bassey, Jack coming on when we've something to hold onto are decent options to do the basics such as clear lines, go long, retain the ball/do nothing fancy and provide a bit of muscle. That's the ideal win-win scenario for me something to that effect.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I like that idea best tbh - start with our strongest team and if we get comfortable by all means make the changes and make the right ones.

Guys like Zungu, Itten, Bassey, Jack coming on when we've something to hold onto are decent options to do the basics such as clear lines, go long, retain the ball/do nothing fancy and provide a bit of muscle. That's the ideal win-win scenario for me something to that effect.

I think the fact we are all arguing about playing different XI's really shows how much stronger we are this year, last year almost every XI you seen was the exact same. Now I'd be confident of winning even with 7 or 8 changes.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think the fact we are all arguing about playing different XI's really shows how much stronger we are this year, last year almost every XI you seen was the exact same. Now I'd be confident of winning even with 7 or 8 changes.

I still have nightmares about cunts like Halliday, Holt, Faure, O'Halloran, Robbie Crawford, Rossiter, Aird, Garner, Martin, Goss, Senderos, Hodson etc etc

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I remember hearing similar about Midjtylland being a tough game, Willem 2 as well and we hammered both, it's Poznan reserves here... Our back up 11 should be beating them.

have i missed summit mate, but where is it confirmed we are facing a reserve side?

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

have i missed summit mate, but where is it confirmed we are facing a reserve side?

I don't know if it's a reserve side but their main striker has an injury and their manager said (quotes on Daily Record website) that he rested players against Benfica to concentrate on their next league fixture and he thinks there's a good chance after speaking to his staff he'll do likewise for our game.

What that equates to I'm not sure. I've no idea how many of their good players were missing against Benfica or what he's got in mind.

1 hour ago, Raligt said:

Gerrard will go with strongest possible squad IMO.

I suspect he will too. Has always done that in Europe really. Think he’s (at times) underestimated the difficulty of the SPFL and prioritised the strongest players for European football. There’s also pretty significant prize money at stake.

Keep chopping and changing, but I think we should go strongest 11 tomorrow. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Arfield Davis Kamara 

Roofe Morelos Kent

Might be a start for Hagi, Jack, Helander or Aribo who are needing games - but only 1 or 2 at most. 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Haven’t read anything in regards the lineup they will be playing but if it’s similar to the first game I can actually see us losing tomorrow night. Feel like because we have already qualified we might take our foot of the pedal a bit 

According to @Rangers_no1 their manager has said he is going to rotate and he has rotated heavily in their past 2 games

Chance to make history and win the group for the first time, never mind the money or the seeding for pure footballing prestige reasons we should be going all out to win, none Of this bassey at center back or putting players in for match time, strongest team possible for me. Modern footballers are fit as fuck should be no issues putting our strongest team out Thursday and Sunday.  

Will be plenty of time to rest players the end of January when we’re out of site and coasting to 55 🇬🇧😆

Archived