*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Imagine Zungu was a mad bluff by Gerrard ... lure them in and switch it on the cunts 

5-0 in the bag then imo

In fairness, in the early days of Gerrard’s time in charge, there used to be loads of players who would do the press conferences and then not be seen in the game it was in advance of.

Superb shithousery by SG but if he did it on this one tonight, it’d top the lot...

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Game only means something in terms of money, but would still love to win. Get game time into some of the Sayed players..,.Bassey, Hagi, Zungu and Stewart. 

Also means co-efficient points for both Scotland and us. Winning group could more than likely lead to easier last 32 draw which in turn could lead to more money and more coefficient points. 

Need coefficient points for Scotland to ensure we stay above Ukraine and get automatic CL group entry in season 22/23, we need to assume we benefit from that as League winners next season. 

Need our own coefficient points to ensure better seeding for the coming season's qualifiers. Hopefully that is CL and getting to CL group stage is worth a fortune to a club from Scotland where finance from other sources is limited. If we get to group it also helps which pot we are in. 

So actually quite a lot hanging on a win tonight, although I will admit if we are going to slip up in a game tonight is better than any of the others coming up. 

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Also means co-efficient points for both Scotland and us. Winning group could more than likely lead to easier last 32 draw which in turn could lead to more money and more coefficient points. 

Need coefficient points for Scotland to ensure we stay above Ukraine and get automatic CL group entry in season 22/23, we need to assume we benefit from that as League winners next season. 

Need our own coefficient points to ensure better seeding for the coming season's qualifiers. Hopefully that is CL and getting to CL group stage is worth a fortune to a club from Scotland where finance from other sources is limited. If we get to group it also helps which pot we are in. 

So actually quite a lot hanging on a win tonight, although I will admit if we are going to slip up in a game tonight is better than any of the others coming up. 

Do the points not kick in later on down the line though?

13 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Do the points not kick in later on down the line though?

Not sure what you mean mate. I am meaning a better last 32 draw gives us a better chance of picking up wins/draws in that round and making the last 16. We would continue to get coefficient points for each win and draw. 

Just now, Brubear said:

Not sure what you mean mate. I am meaning a better last 32 draw gives us a better chance of picking up wins/draws in that round and making the last 16. We would continue to get coefficient points for each win and draw. 

Got ya. I thought you meant a win tonight (with the points from it) gives us a better coefficient in terms of points for the last 32 draw.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

when we have had 4/5 years of euro football in a row our coefficient will be very nice indeed at this rate.

If we were to get to quarters this year we would bre pretty close to the tarriers with only 3 years points versus their 5. 

when counting your coefficient for the season they combine it with the previous 4. Rangers have only participated in 3 of the 5 used. I would imagine we would be in the top 10 ranked leagues (12th currently i think) within the next 2 years. Quicker if the scum got their finger out in europe.

47 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Game only means something in terms of money, but would still love to win. Get game time into some of the Sayed players..,.Bassey, Hagi, Zungu and Stewart. 

Winning definitely gives us the opportunity of missing much stronger opponents in the next round so I would disagree with you. Anyway, the money is important. It's a million quid on the line, FFS. 

39 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Ukraine dropped two clubs into the Europa League yesterday, so first in the group stage and a last 16 or 8 run would really help. septic can bite me.

Archived