*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Ukraine dropped two clubs into the Europa League yesterday, so first in the group stage and a last 16 or 8 run would really help. septic can bite me.

Absolutely. I was actually hoping Ferencvarosi would beat Kiev and that Shakhtar would make CL last 16 where they would probably pick up less points than in EL.  They also have Zorya playing tonight, but at least they can't go through and are away to Braga so hopefully don't pick up any points tonight.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If they made the last 16 the race was practically over, they were getting 5 bonus points for making last 16.

Inter winning last night would have knocked Shakhtar out of Europe completely. Overrated Italian wankers.

Didn't realise the bonus was as high a 5 points, which would have converted to 1 point for Ukraine, so yes that would have been a game changer. I was watching results coming in last night desperate for Inter to get a late winner. 

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

Game only means something in terms of money, but would still love to win. Get game time into some of the Sayed players..,.Bassey, Hagi, Zungu and Stewart. 

You don’t think topping our European group for the first time ever means something ? 

This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post.

Whilst you don't get any trophies for topping the group, it keeps a good momentum going, it is also an achievement in itself and shows this squad that they can top groups/win things, which is ultimately everything we want for our club and this group of players.

It creates or enhances belief in that we can achieve success this season.

Hopefully get the job done tonight and take some invaluable confidence from it to help with our upcoming domestic schedule.

11 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You don’t think topping our European group for the first time ever means something ? 

This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post.

It means a great deal to me.

Another thing is that after tonight there is no more Europa League until the end of February so we will have some 9/10 weeks or so just to concentrate on the domestic stuff.

We're all wrapped up in our/Poznan's teams to see what sort of game it might be 

But has anyone considered what Benfica's team might be now that they've qualified too and will be wanting to get stuck in in their domestic league? 

Liege isn't the easiest of places to go. Wouldn't surprise me if both us and Benfica drew tonight tbh.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We're all wrapped up in our/Poznan's teams to see what sort of game it might be 

But has anyone considered what Benfica's team might be now that they've qualified too and will be wanting to get stuck in in their domestic league? 

Liege isn't the easiest of places to go. Wouldn't surprise me if both us and Benfica drew tonight tbh.

I could live with that.

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I could live with that.

Exactly equal the points Benfica get and we top the group. Goals don't matter as we beat them on head to head. I.E we draw 0-0, matters not a fuck if they have a 9-9 thriller and have a higher gd and goals scored. Is all about points.

23 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It means a great deal to me.

Another thing is that after tonight there is no more Europa League until the end of February so we will have some 9/10 weeks or so just to concentrate on the domestic stuff.

From the bottom division in Scotland to finish top of our Europa league group in less than 10 years is a fantastic achievement. I couldn’t really give a fuck about the money, for pure football and prestige reasons it’s superb and sends out a message to everyone that The Rangers are back and only going to get stronger. 

46 minutes ago, dazzareyes said:

Whilst you don't get any trophies for topping the group, it keeps a good momentum going, it is also an achievement in itself and shows this squad that they can top groups/win things, which is ultimately everything we want for our club and this group of players.

It creates or enhances belief in that we can achieve success this season.

Hopefully get the job done tonight and take some invaluable confidence from it to help with our upcoming domestic schedule.

Agree, finishing top of any league is an achievement & a great habit to get into.  

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'd have likely done the presser if he was going to start mate.

If that’s what the pressers tell us then I can guarantee Gerrard is coming out of retirement tonight and he starts. Heard it here first 

dunno why he’s missed the other 20 odd games this season though 

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

If that’s what the pressers tell us then I can guarantee Gerrard is coming out of retirement tonight and he starts. Heard it here first 

dunno why he’s missed the other 20 odd games this season though 

groin strain in his groin mate

Archived