C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Monk said:

It’s going to be difficult, even for them, to wriggle out of this. If I was a member of staff at Hibs or Livi I would be absolutely raging.

David Martindale the Livingston manager just been on SSN saying how he has confidence in celtics COVID-19 protocols and how we’re all in it together and should be supporting each other or some similar shite, Not sure if he’s a rabid or not but certainly comes across as one ffs

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Was there a reason to call the season last season as the one of two leagues in Europe to do so? 

i’m not looking to argue about it I genuinely want to know why people are so confident it won’t be void so I can be also 😂

There were no precautions in place for sport to operate at that stage last season and fans were still in grounds right up until it was stopped. 

The league won’t be stopped, it would be absolutely farcical if it was.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Because there’s literally no reason to make it null and void?

Just because one club flew to Dubai does not mean you make a season null and void :lol:

How hard is this to grasp ffs!

Nevermind it being known and spoke about by Sturgeon already.

A positive test now isn't going to make the league get called ffs!

Just now, .Williamson. said:

There were no precautions in place for sport to operate at that stage last season and fans were still in grounds right up until it was stopped. 

This is exactly my point though mate, as farcical as it would be there isn’t one overarching reason why it wouldn’t happen lol, that’s why it’s annoying me so much 😂

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Literally be the only country in Europe if not the world to currently do so.

It's way different situation than last year, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why are people so confident the league won’t be declared null and void? I’ve yet to see a genuine reason they wouldn’t do that bar the whole they need to give out Uefa places, not outwith the realms of possibility they’d just use last season’s standings let’s be honest 

Money 

The cost of returning prize money, that the SFA have already spent sorting out the way the last season was ended. 

I do think clubs need to pursue why their fixture were changed to accommodate cfc trip to Dubai and I think those games should now be forfeited to cfc's opponents. That will leave them up to date with games played and blocking any loop holes.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Surely we aint one game away from being 3/4 of the way through the season. We are just past the halfway mark are we not?

36 games to play will have 3/4 season at 27. We have at the very least 3 games where we can afford to lose so add them to our total and I think we will be at that point. My maths isn’t my top thing, probably made an arse of it. 

3 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

David Martindale the Livingston manager just been on SSN saying how he has confidence in celtics COVID-19 protocols and how we’re all in it together and should be supporting each other or some similar shite, Not sure if he’s a rabid or not but certainly comes across as one ffs

He was a youth player with us.

No idea what his allegiance is though.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why are people so confident the league won’t be declared null and void? I’ve yet to see a genuine reason they wouldn’t do that bar the whole they need to give out Uefa places, not outwith the realms of possibility they’d just use last season’s standings let’s be honest 

Think it's more likely now the sfa will have the extra money from Scotland qualification for the euros.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

And the spfl, sfa and SG wouldn't get involved in a farce....... 

38 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Not a chance the league will be cancelled due to them not being able to fulfill fixtures. 

As has been said they could have played at least one of those games this week, if not 2. They fucked off on the piss.

They ended up breaking rules when they should have been the most ridgid with them. Putting future fixtures into doubt.

They have 2 choices: A. Play players who haven't been affected until 2 negative tests are returned for all players on the trip.

or B. Forfeight games with a 3-0 loss.

That's the guts of it there. They have fucked it for themselves.

Good evening chaps. Something for the weekend. All true facts. 
My favourite is number 9. 

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts...

So in old England , when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them 'Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down.'

It's where we get the phrase 'mind your P's and Q's'

7. Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim or handle of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service.

'Wet your whistle' is the phrase inspired by this practice.

8. In 1696, William III of England introduced a property tax that required those living in houses with more than six windows to pay a levy. In order to avoid the tax, house owners would brick up all windows except six. (The Window Tax lasted until 1851, and older houses with bricked-up windows are still a common sight in the U.K.) As the bricked-up windows prevented some rooms from receiving any sunlight, the tax was referred to as “daylight robbery”!

9.    Since the 1960s Celtic Football club have been denying their employees are abusing children, hence why their supporters are internationally known as ‘dirty fenian peado bastards’.

The End.

15 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

It really is a ridiculous situation. Any allowance for travelling abroad should have been removed as soon as they flopped out of the EL.

The elite sports relaxation is there to allow training for international and European competition. Not for going on a jolly with a few days training included to come back to play Hibs in Glasgow.

Even though it's been allowed etc I actually can't believe it was approved by anyone. 

When you see it as you've put it in black & white it's mental.

:848696413_goodpost:

Archived