*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

One thing that bodes well is that Brian Rice is almost a carbon copy of him tactically, as he was assistant to Hughes for years at Hibs, Falkirk and Inverness, and we’ve generally done really well against Rice’s Hamilton team.

Forgot all about Rice being his assistant. Good insight that. Fingers crossed it means an 8-0 is on the way. 

Just now, Smile said:

I was hoping to see Itten with Roofe for this and Morelos and kent benched, both are getting  it too easy just now both need to improve.

Can understand not starting Roofe with his injury record 

But agreed, Kent just seems to escape any criticism from the manager & seems undroppable 

Aribo very lucky to be starting. He’s better suited to this kind of game rather than an away day battle though so hopefully it’s a much improved performance from him. Itten hard done by to not get the nod ahead of Kent too. 

16 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I don't think it'll stay that way but Gerrard seems to like easing younger players in.

Agree about Itten, I was meaning more generally. When I played years ago I had the opposite. Manager kept taking me off 15 minutes from end to give young guys and fringe players a run out. After weeks of this I asked him why it was always me he took off and his answer was "you dont give me grief". Guess what happened the next time he called me off. 

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Glad to see our best centre back pairing starting together again. I’d have dropped Kent. 

Kents in for workrate rather than the way he's been playing which has been very poor.

Archived