them

MisterC

Nothing wrong with setting up a gofundme account in these circumstances.  

But Its more than fair for folk to think its a strange reaction. 

If one of my kids died suddenly I would be a fucking wreck, certainly wouldn't be on social media right after.

Also, they played on Wednesday night but the family waited till after that game to make the request for applause.

My heart goes out to any parent who loses a child, but I don't blame folk for raising an eyebrow at this. 

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Apparently never been to a game in her life.

Getting the Rangers team to sign the top etc.

Just comes across as a grieving mother who is looking for comfort to come out of it.

Not how I would deal with it, but each to their own.

A quick look at some of the things being said to her on Twitter and it's fucking outrageous. Absolutely no need to say shit like that to a woman who has just lost her kid.

Sure, you can think it's odd, but bite your fucking tongue and don't send the woman abuse.

Do that and your fucking scum as far as I'm concerned.

I never miss a game but I wouldn’t be the slightest bit interested in tomorrow’s game in these circumstances but if fucking morons like you want to believe in her shite then fill your boots.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

I never miss a game but I wouldn’t be the slightest bit interested in tomorrow’s game in these circumstances but if fucking morons like you want to believe in her shite then fill your boots.

So tell me, what do you think would be more strange?

1. Wanting to go see a massive tribute to your child who passed away?

2. Not caring that your child just died and literally use their death to blag your way to some tickets for the old firm game which you don't want to miss?

You are being an absolute arsehole because you are too fucking weak to appear anything other than ultra staunch against them, even if it means having digs at a grieving mother.

Take a step back and have a look at what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So tell me, what do you think would be more strange?

1. Wanting to go see a massive tribute to your child who passed away?

2. Not caring that your child just died and literally use their death to blag your way to some tickets for the old firm game which you don't want to miss?

You are being an absolute arsehole because you are too fucking weak to appear anything other than ultra staunch against them, even if it means having digs at a grieving mother.

Take a step back and have a look at what you are saying.

Why would your first thought when your son dies tragically out of nowhere be to think about a football match and tickets signed strips etc and going on twitter.

Fair enough a few months down the line as a fundraiser but I’d be grieving and don’t think I’d be able to comprehend anything 

18 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Have u ever been in the position where a very close lived one has died?? People do strange things in these times. Some want to be left alone while others dread the thought of being alone. It's never always so simple as what u think

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why would your first thought when your son dies tragically out of nowhere be to think about a football match and tickets signed strips etc and going on twitter.

Fair enough a few months down the line as a fundraiser but I’d be grieving and don’t think I’d be able to comprehend anything 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/20032127.family-rangers-fan-18-appeal-minutes-applause-old-firm-game-tragic-death/

Jordan Goodwin, from Hamilton, passed away at Mugdock Country Park on Saturday, March 19. His body was recovered from the water at the Milngavie loch shortly after 6pm.

His family are now appealing for Ranger’s supporters to take part in a minute’s applause on the 18th minute during Sunday's Old Firm match, as a tribute for the teen.

========================

Take it the family of this poor child that also died deserve to get abuse and the love for their son questioned?

I'm willing to bet not a single person on here however questioned this story at the time, or started saying it was strange behaviour.

This is purely because of the team that they support. Nothing more nothing less. Yes she is reacting to people who are literally posting things like "He's not even cold yet and you are using him to get free tickets! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣".

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/20032127.family-Rangers-fan-18-appeal-minutes-applause-old-firm-game-tragic-death/

Jordan Goodwin, from Hamilton, passed away at Mugdock Country Park on Saturday, March 19. His body was recovered from the water at the Milngavie loch shortly after 6pm.

His family are now appealing for Ranger’s supporters to take part in a minute’s applause on the 18th minute during Sunday's Old Firm match, as a tribute for the teen.

========================

Take it the family of this poor child that also died deserve to get abuse and the love for their son questioned?

I'm willing to bet not a single person on here however questioned this story at the time, or started saying it was strange behaviour.

This is purely because of the team that they support. Nothing more nothing less. Yes she is reacting to people who are literally posting things like "He's not even cold yet and you are using him to get free tickets! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣".

His cousin not his parents that’s way different.

His parents were probably too busy grieving to worry about putting up posts on social media and asking for tickets to the game. 
And I’d be saying the same if that article was about a celtic fan

11 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

His cousin not his parents that’s way different.

His parents were probably too busy grieving to worry about putting up posts on social media and asking for tickets to the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/5289456/rangers-lauren-reid-chef-glasgow-fans-livingston/amp/

Get a fucking grip.

Unless you want to call the mother of this poor lassie a weirdo.

Fucking hell people. A young boy died and a mother is grieving in whatever way she sees fit.

Stop trying to read more into it for fuck sake.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/5289456/Rangers-lauren-reid-chef-glasgow-fans-livingston/amp/

Get a fucking grip.

Fucking hell people. A young boy died and a mother is grieving in whatever way she sees fit.

Right im done with this now.

Finding it a bit weird that you’re digging up articles of dead children

Folk do strange things during a grieving process for sure.

Our daughter died many years ago and our whole extended family were not seen or heard of for weeks.

The poster on RM who has provided compelling arguments for grieving parents wanting football crowds to chant the childs name at a football match constantly marred by sectarian behaviour is beyond the pale, as are the parents.

In my humble opinion.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm finding it a bit weird for you to be doing everything you can to make a grieving mother out to be a weirdo to be disturbing to be honest.

Begging for tickets on social media for a football match a couple of days after your 14 year old son had died tragically out of nowhere, yes I believe is weird behaviour 

9 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Folk do strange things during a grieving process for sure.

Our daughter died many years ago and our whole extended family were not seen or heard of for weeks.

The poster on RM who has provided compelling arguments for grieving parents wanting football crowds to chant the childs name at a football match constantly marred by sectarian behaviour is beyond the pale, as are the parents.

In my humble opinion.

I've already said I don't really understand her reasoning, but it is not for me to understand. I hope it helps her.

My issue is with the people coming out and painting the woman in a bad light.

You, just like the woman in this story have my complete sympathy for what you went through. If people had been questioning how you grieved or worse laughing at you as has been the case with this woman, I would have been defending you.

6 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Have u ever been in the position where a very close lived one has died?? People do strange things in these times. Some want to be left alone while others dread the thought of being alone. It's never always so simple as what u think

That is a fucking stupid question every cunt on the planet has had a family member die.

5 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/5289456/Rangers-lauren-reid-chef-glasgow-fans-livingston/amp/

Get a fucking grip.

You’re off your fucking rocker bringing up this.