Glen kamara

Billy1984

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why are we speculating that we will struggle to hold onto him in the Summer?

he’s going to get his dream of playing Champions league football with us

He’s not getting that anywhere else  

he’s staying put

There’s probably a reason why he’s the one key player who we haven’t tied down to a new deal yet.

If he gets an offer from the Premier League he probably doubles or trebles his wage and he gets the chance to play Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea twice a season.

The reality of football is that that is going to be more appealing to most players than Champions League football is, especially when it’s not direct entry to the Champions League.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shaka said:

Some of the touches and swivels by Kamara to get away from defenders are world class.  He's my favourite player in the current Rangers team, just great to watch.

Yes our best player. Not popular in the past, but most are now seeing he is quality.

55 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Kamara is quality. Outstanding at times tonight.

My only slight criticism, if you can even call it that, is that I think he's got unbelievable quality going forward but sometimes just holds back on using it and goes for the safer option.

When he lets go and just goes for it his skill and turn of pace is unreal. 

Can't believe he was only £50k!

Is that not the instructions from the manager. Full backs up the pitch, so told to told the line?

Just now, jamess said:

Is that not the instructions from the manager. Full backs up the pitch, so told to told the line?

It might be and that's why I'm not a football manager I suppose. One thing that's for sure is Kamara is outstanding!

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s probably a reason why he’s the one key player who we haven’t tied down to a new deal yet.

If he gets an offer from the Premier League he probably doubles or trebles his wage and he gets the chance to play Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea twice a season.

The reality of football is that that is going to be more appealing to most players than Champions League football is, especially when it’s not direct entry to the Champions League.

Just feels like when we have very decent players there’s an expectation almost that they are off at the first opportunity. 
it’s not been like that for ten years tbh so I get it. 

he’s also got 2 1/2 year left on his contract. If he sees it out he’s got CL qualifiers and after 56 straight into the CL. It also feels like he’s enjoying his football 

I like speculating, I know 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Just feels like when we have very decent players there’s an expectation almost that they are off at the first opportunity. 
it’s not been like that for ten years tbh so I get it. 

he’s also got 2 1/2 year left on his contract. If he sees it out he’s got CL qualifiers and after 56 straight into the CL. It also feels like he’s enjoying his football 

I like speculating, I know 

I hope he stays for the foreseeable because he’s a class act but I’m just not convinced he sees his long term future with us.

I’m sure somebody, maybe @RfcSevco heard that he was after a move either last January or in the Summer.

1 hour ago, GaryMc said:

Kamara is quality. Outstanding at times tonight.

My only slight criticism, if you can even call it that, is that I think he's got unbelievable quality going forward but sometimes just holds back on using it and goes for the safer option.

When he lets go and just goes for it his skill and turn of pace is unreal. 

Can't believe he was only £50k!

and doesn’t shoot but what a performance tonight from a class player

Kamara just oozes class. It looks like he isn't even breaking a sweat during games, though I'm sure he does.

As I've said numerous times he is an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Will be gutted when he leaves but hopefully he stays for a shot at the champions league next season. 

7 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

Kamara just oozes class. It looks like he isn't even breaking a sweat during games, though I'm sure he does.

As I've said numerous times he is an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Will be gutted when he leaves but hopefully he stays for a shot at the champions league next season. 

I get the feeling he is likely to be high on the list of possible departures under our develop and sell to balance the books strategy previously mentioned.

45 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I get the feeling he is likely to be high on the list of possible departures under our develop and sell to balance the books strategy previously mentioned.

In terms of age he's not even at prime yet. If we are able to squeeze another season out of him, Champions League football and a bit more money in the game once this pandemic has eased, his value potentially takes a leap.

Two years ago I watched him vs Dundee at home in a 4-0 win. I thought he was our weakest player on the park and that against a better team his pocket would have been picked multiple times.

Fast forward to today and it's like watching a different player. He's great at retaining possession, is an excellent presser and his stamina is fantastic. An incredible, incredible bit of business for £50k.

Think he's destined for the prem and hopefully get a very good fee for him when he does. Think his upbringing at arsenal will help as well. Hopefully stays for a while though as think he's our best midfielder overall. 

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

20m minimum in today's market.

Under 25, more potential to come, International regular and has played in Europe consistently, even scoring away in Portugal.

You ripping the piss Pingpong went for 10 million and he's fuckin murder 

Archived