***** The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

simplythebest

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It wasn't vintage but it was good enough. Three points and a lovely goal by Hagi!

In the league Hagi has now over taken Roofe and Kent to go second in our combined goals and assists. This is really becoming his part of the season!

5 wins to 55:cup:

Think we'll see Hagi come to the fore in the European games, he's ideally suited for those.

5 minutes ago, DavieCooper74 said:

FFS thats a fucking cliche and a half that. 

My point imo is valid, yes its a win. Yes we're on to 55 no doubt but its not about the result its all about tonights performance and that performance against a pish St Johnstone side that was lacklustre at best.

@folkestoneger is spot on. 

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

So is it 5 wins and a draw to clinch #55?

next 3 games hamilton killie dundee utd probably the 3 worst teams in the league on current form  it should be down to 2 wins and a draw after that plus celtic dont have easy games coming up

1 minute ago, DavieCooper74 said:

FFS thats a fucking cliche and a half that. 

My point imo is valid, yes its a win. Yes we're on to 55 no doubt but its not about the result its all about tonights performance and that performance against a pish St Johnstone side that was lacklustre at best.

We’re not going to play great football every game. Yes, it was lacklustre but it wasn’t that long ago we were getting beat by Alloa.

I’ll  accept a few more lacklustre 1-0 wins over the next month.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yes but when it's over and you realise we probably won't see form like this again then you should realise how special it is. 

To play poor and win is champion mentality and its what we did under Walters endless titles. 

We have been fucking superb this season and wins like tonight shows it even more. 

Completely agree with all of that, but I still see it as my basic human right to have a wee moan if I feel so inclined. 

I've probably been spoiled over the last 10 years to be fair. 

25 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

I think that wid be fair to say

It's more the comments saying he's shite that are ridiculous

Yeah he's definitely not shite. I think that's just folk being frustrated and nervous and anxious during a game when we are not winning. 

He really needs to have more cracks at goal, but that is something they all need to do more of.

21 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Championships are won by winning games like that  . You should worry when we play bad and don’t win

Things we learned tonight.

1) Playing good and winning is nice.

2) Playing good and losing is not nice.

3) Playing bad and losing is not nice.

4) Playing bad and winning is sometimes better than the three above, especially when we beat cellic 1-0 with no shots on target, and beat St Johnstone 1-0 on a miserable January winter's night at Ibrox. 

Just now, tannerall said:

4) Playing bad and winning is sometimes better than the three above, especially when we beat cellic 1-0 with no shots on target, and beat St Johnstone 1-0 on a miserable January winter's night at Ibrox. 

Exactly winning is everything

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

It’s February 

15 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Of course, winning ugly is fine if we win the league. You'd obviously prefer to play lovely football ALL season. We've been unbelievable for the majority of the season. We have more than earned the massive advantage we have. The whole 'moaning' about the performances thing though....I don't think it's actually moaning....I think fans are genuinely scared that one bad result will kick off a chain reaction, and we end up chucking it :lol: Of course that's irrational, but given what we've been through, you can't blame fans for being concerned. We've only had to react to defeat once this season, so it's kind of uncharted territory. Listen, we're not playing that great, but look at those chances first half....3 - 0 would not have flattered us. I'll take that every game until 55 happens! 

Stick together bears!! Nearly there!!

:rangers::rangers:

Spot on.

Obviously there will be odd games that are a bit of a grind or we get through with a bit of brilliance or luck.

Over the piece, it’s the performances that generate the results, rather than the results justifying the performances.

Anyway, we’re generally maxing out the points even when not hitting our top levels this time around, so we just need to keep on plugging away & it’ll work out!

8 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Completely agree with all of that, but I still see it as my basic human right to have a wee moan if I feel so inclined. 

I've probably been spoiled over the last 10 years to be fair. 

dont understand that comment how can you have been spoiled over the past 10 yrs most of that period is some of the worst in our history

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

And Hibs away 😉👍💙

Archived