***** The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

simplythebest

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Spot on.

Obviously there will be odd games that are a bit of a grind or we get through with a bit of brilliance or luck.

Over the piece, it’s the performances that generate the results, rather than the results justifying the performances.

Anyway, we’re generally maxing out the points even when not hitting our top levels this time around, so we just need to keep on plugging away & it’ll work out!

If we can avoid even dropping 2 points during our dip in form, that would be unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

take your word for it cannot be arsed looking back all that

I suggested that folk who moan like fuck about wins like this surely couldn't have been comparing it to the past 10 years, suggesting they were acting like spoilt. 

No sinister plan there, just folk trying to fault my suggestion they don't need to be miserable when we win. 

You know who I mean, go back 30 pages if in doubt, and check the moaners.

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Personally, I don't think we need to win the next 5 or 6, as the filth ain't winning the next 5 or 6.

Not a fucking chance.

Maybe it is the scar tissue of the hedge years, but I want the filth given no hope at all, not even if we snatch it away at the end. I want a procession to the title.

Just now, simplythebest said:

Spoilt ffs we're about as far away from that as possible 

Was ironic, folk moaning about just now.

We're spoilt now and living a dream, and long may it continue. 

In spite of the moaning minnies.

38 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Aye, we know, everybody likes to trot that line out, but we can still moan about watching a shite game though? 

I think ultimately we need to assess where we've ended up in a short space of time. Even the most optimistic about a proper title challenge this season would have expected it go right to the wire, to be as far ahead as we are at this stage is something special and we need to look at that bigger picture 

31 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yes but when it's over and you realise we probably won't see form like this again then you should realise how special it is. 

To play poor and win is champion mentality and its what we did under Walters endless titles. 

We have been fucking superb this season and wins like tonight shows it even more. 

This! 

Since we've been promoted all we've said is "we don't care how we win 55 as long as we do asap". Now we're just about there some do care how we win games to win a league.

1/2-0 wins for 38 games a season...give me it every year I'm alive as long as there is a big silver trophy being held aloft by a Rangers' captain.

Performances don't win trophies, you'd think some would have learned after last years LC Final?

What does win it is a good squad  with good players playing in a good system all in one which is what we have in 20/21 but havent in the past 4 years.

This type of thing leads to good managers and personel leaving because expectation ends up being about more than winning which simply isn't Rangers.

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

If we can avoid even dropping 2 points during our dip in form, that would be unbelievable. 

Yup.

Will be nice to see the bad weather out, keep working away & hopefully cross the line in proper champion style!

Didn’t see first half due to RTV issues. Hagi and Booker T were superb in the second. 

5 wins and a draw until 55 troops. From sitting the night before Brechin away wondering if we would even have a license to this. 

It’s been a long and eventful journey but it’s nearly over.

Back where we belong 😎

Archived