James McClean: FAI offers Republic of Ireland winger support over social media threats

Bad Robot

Not funny now you ira supporting scum bag.

FAI offers Republic of Ireland winger support over social media threats

McClean, 31, posted the threat on his Instagram stories on Sunday

James McClean has been offered support by the Football Association of Ireland after revealing a recent threat sent to him on social media.

The Stoke City and Republic of Ireland winger shared a direct message he received on Instagram that threatened to set his family home on fire in a string of abusive messages.

The Professional Footballers' Association joined the FAI in condemning the abuse directed towards McClean, describing it as "totally unacceptable".

"To abuse or threaten James or any player because of his nationality should not be tolerated by society," said Jonathan Hill, the FAI chief executive. 

"Unfortunately, such behaviour is all too common now on social media."

He added: "Only last week we commended the stance taken by English football against the abuse of footballers across all social media channels and we are examining how best we can take a similar stance."

The FAI's intercultural programme is currently working on new racism and discrimination policies, which are expected to be presented to the governing body's executive board in the coming weeks.

McClean, 31, has frequently been the target of social media abuse and has in the past received death threats.

1038A31F-7C95-4C78-98AE-8AE157700BCE.jpeg

McClean's incoming vitriol is 100% self-inflicted. There are plenty examples of ostensibly nationalist Northern Irish players who have had no issues and indeed have been lauded by fans of all clubs in England e.g. Pat Jennings / Martin O'Neill / Gerry Armstrong.

Perhaps the fuckwit should try going to the Middle East and play, see how he gets on there disrespecting traditions.  

Not condoning death threats, but if you go somewhere, take their money and throw their heritage and respect back in their face, guess what?   Fly with the craws and all that. 

11 hours ago, MVRanger said:

McClean's incoming vitriol is 100% self-inflicted. There are plenty examples of ostensibly nationalist Northern Irish players who have had no issues and indeed have been lauded by fans of all clubs in England e.g. Pat Jennings / Martin O'Neill / Gerry Armstrong.

Was just going to post exactly this. As per usual though always the victim...

He's only got himself to blame. His social media posts openly condoning terrorist organisations are disgusting. I bet the authorities wouldn't be so protective of a professional footballer showing support for ISIS.

He's a cunt and deserves everything that comes his was.

When you wear a balaclava in front of your own kids and don't where a poppy on your football shirt to honour the dead then you have made your bed. Reap what you sow James ya fenian bastard.

And then Lennon on Sky talking about racism. Fucking hypocrite.

I have some sympathy for him

giphy-3.gif.87b70e57459f92448f0b2e696d483cc2.gif

Some of the online abuse to players of late is way OTT but here you have someone who openly supports a terrorist organisation that bombed and killed innocent victims in the UK. He actively hates the British establishment, yet takes their cash and then comes running for public support when people react to his open British hatred. What a shocker (as is popcorn teeth’s comments). 

I still can’t get my head around the fact that this idiot, a professional footballer, would go out and actually buy a symbol of terrorism in the country he’s employed in, and publicly wear it...”educating” his kids, then broadcast it on social media.  Fuckin hell, then he’s greeting when he gets a bit of stick??   Might be worth reminding the twat that many of those that his heroes killed weren’t afforded the luxury of a “warning” or “threat” as to their safety, they were just attacked.  

I personally don't care about his poppy stance, I'm not going to pretend to be offended by that, but I don't understand how he thinks he can pull stunts like the balaclava thing and not expect idiots to be idiots back to him.

His wife has been moaning about their children now being of age where they can understand threats etc. She actually said "Of course we have tried as hard as possible to keep them away from it," but they literally used them as part of a stunt to wind people up on social media.

4 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I still can’t get my head around the fact that this idiot, a professional footballer, would go out and actually buy a symbol of terrorism in the country he’s employed in, and publicly wear it...”educating” his kids, then broadcast it on social media.  Fuckin hell, then he’s greeting when he gets a bit of stick??   Might be worth reminding the twat that many of those that his heroes killed weren’t afforded the luxury of a “warning” or “threat” as to their safety, they were just attacked.  

Behave like a fuckin fenian thug then expect to get treated as a fenia fuckin thug.
He was the clown that involved his family,and now he wants sypathy.
I'll keep my sympathies for the innocents who were murdered at the hands of his heroes. 

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

Reminds me of the wee dick at school that would try and wind you up so you'd chase and batter him, just so he could play the victim.

A damaged, confused wee boy. 

And yes he will now play the victim card like someone else we know 

18 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Not funny now you ira supporting scum bag.

FAI offers Republic of Ireland winger support over social media threats

McClean, 31, posted the threat on his Instagram stories on Sunday

James McClean has been offered support by the Football Association of Ireland after revealing a recent threat sent to him on social media.

The Stoke City and Republic of Ireland winger shared a direct message he received on Instagram that threatened to set his family home on fire in a string of abusive messages.

The Professional Footballers' Association joined the FAI in condemning the abuse directed towards McClean, describing it as "totally unacceptable".

"To abuse or threaten James or any player because of his nationality should not be tolerated by society," said Jonathan Hill, the FAI chief executive. 

"Unfortunately, such behaviour is all too common now on social media."

He added: "Only last week we commended the stance taken by English football against the abuse of footballers across all social media channels and we are examining how best we can take a similar stance."

The FAI's intercultural programme is currently working on new racism and discrimination policies, which are expected to be presented to the governing body's executive board in the coming weeks.

McClean, 31, has frequently been the target of social media abuse and has in the past received death threats.

1038A31F-7C95-4C78-98AE-8AE157700BCE.jpeg

Piece of excrement and despicable bastard brain washing his own kids.

Archived