Tonight

ScottBF2

We’ve just been beaten by a more well drilled team. Roofe was stupid, Balogun even more so, but I don’t think we were winning this tonight at any point. This lot are a very decent team and while I’m annoyed and gutted we’re not progressing I’m proud of the boys for getting as far as they have.

If you’d offered any of us these outcomes at the start of the season we’d have bitten your hand off, time to focus on the Scottish Cup now and progressing from this.

Gerrard and Beale need to go look at how we adapt to this style of play because other teams will take notice of this tonight. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Joe Aribo, Arfield etc aren’t this level.

Ok against SPL dross but not at this level.

Aribo will get better with time IMO, Arfield has been miles off it this game, and I think that’s more down to the willingness of Slavia to run in midfield. Against a static midfield is where Arfield does his best work as he moves between the lines, he’s in tonight for his work rate and he really hasn’t done enough.

We’ve had a season where for the most part everything has went our way to the extent that some of us genuinely believed with a bit of luck we could win this tournament.  

Gutted with how the euro runs ended but for the most part it’s been brilliant. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

I would add Goldson to that as well , played like a scared schoolboy.

You’re well known for ludicrous opinions but fuck me, the guys been a colossus this season and everyone has an off day.

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

Aribo will get better with time IMO, Arfield has been miles off it this game, and I think that’s more down to the willingness of Slavia to run in midfield. Against a static midfield is where Arfield does his best work as he moves between the lines, he’s in tonight for his work rate and he really hasn’t done enough.

You can’t improve heart.

He’s an utter shitebag.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

We’ve just been beaten by a more well drilled team. Roofe was stupid, Balogun even more so, but I don’t think we were winning this tonight at any point. This lot are a very decent team and while I’m annoyed and gutted we’re not progressing I’m proud of the boys for getting as far as they have.

If you’d offered any of us these outcomes at the start of the season we’d have bitten your hand off, time to focus on the Scottish Cup now and progressing from this.

Gerrard and Beale need to go look at how we adapt to this style of play because other teams will take notice of this tonight. 

Losing tonight will do us more good than bad.   Gerrard will have had a good look at how the team performs against better opposition and will know where we need to strengthen for next season.  The players will learn from this and those that don’t learn will be moved on. 

2 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

You’re well known for ludicrous opinions but fuck me, the guys been a colossus this season and everyone has an off day.

Against better opposition hes a bombscare , its happened lots of times. Lots of our players have been superb this year in Scotland.....

This lot are good side. Can't stand the constant diving shite from them. 

We've done well to get this far and it's lessons to learn from. There is a need for additional quailty at this level and I'm sure our manager knows what areas we need to be strengthening. 

Proud of every Rangers player this season. Tonight was just a level up that with the right recruitment we will improve on. 

55 was everything for me this season and I still think we will win the Scottish Cup and go unbeaten in the League. 

Last year we just went out to a better side.

This year it was self inflicted.

As much as this season has been great, we could certainly have went through here.

Anyway, still Champions, which is much more important! 

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Against better opposition hes a bombscare , its happened lots of times. Lots of our players have been superb this year in Scotland.....

He’s a Player who’s progressed season on season, calling him a bombscare is nonsense.

Proud of this team.

Tiny details.

These fuckers were playing the game from the first minute, making meals out of everything. Frustrating our players and getting the absolutely pathetic officials onside. 

Don't blame Roofe, ball was there, he wins it, no malice. Just one of those.

Aribo was pish, Arfield was non existent.

Well done Gers. It's been fucking amazing. 

Livers getting a rest now on Thursdays!

This is the level of opponent we will need to beat if we want to reach the champions League group stages.

A very decent side, coupled with us being pretty silly at times tonight gave us next to no chance.

Focus on the cup and finish off a great season with another trophy.

17 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

We adapt to this style by keeping our wide players wide. At no point did we force them onto the back foot and we allowed them in both legs to get down our wide areas. I hope he does watch it back and realise how poor aribo actually is. 

I agree 100% we have done excellent this season and the players deserve huge respect for going soo long undefeated but tonight some players and maybe even Gerrard could've done better. 

Archived