World Cup Qualifying

Great result for us tonight, thought at times we played some good football all the while when needed showed some good defensive discipline .

We really should have scored more but the final ball from some players continues to be an issue In finishing it off in a one on one where an Instinctive striker would be more clinical.

However happy to seeΒ  Scotland back on track after the disappointing game against Denmark & the hard watch that was Moldova .

Saw the stat that the last time Austria qualified for a World Cup was the same as us (France 98). That's quite incredible with some of the players they've had.

Very good result last night, still think our lack of goals could end up costing us. We are pretty much starting to look like Clarke's Killie side but playing better football.

Will be interesting to see how we go from here, still a little skeptical after Israel scudded Austria a few days ago as well.

20 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Saw the stat that the last time Austria qualified for a World Cup was the same as us (France 98). That's quite incredible with some of the players they've had.

Very good result last night, still think our lack of goals could end up costing us. We are pretty much starting to look like Clarke's Killie side but playing better football.

Will be interesting to see how we go from here, still a little skeptical after Israel scudded Austria a few days ago as well.

Can I ask what players these are?

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Can I ask what players these are?

Ivanschitz, Prodl, Fuchs, Alaba, Herzog, Stranzl, Linz. The main ones I can think of, writing them out makes me think they weren't quite as good as I rememberΒ :lol:

But they've always had a decent side, I'm surprised it's been so long.

38 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Ivanschitz, Prodl, Fuchs, Alaba, Herzog, Stranzl, Linz. The main ones I can think of, writing them out makes me think they weren't quite as good as I rememberΒ :lol:

But they've always had a decent side, I'm surprised it's been so long.

Alaba plays the now and let's be honest some of them werent even that good :lol:.

Herzog was at 2 world cups as well

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Would be typical of Scotland to lose to the Faroes and miss out on 2nd πŸ˜‚

Don't think I ever fully recovered from doing watching us battle it out with Italy (World Cup Winners), France (World Cup Runners Up) and Ukraine (World Cup Quarter Finalists) only to blow it by losing to fucking Georgia.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

Don't think I ever fully recovered from doing watching us battle it out with Italy (World Cup Winners), France (World Cup Runners Up) and Ukraine (World Cup Quarter Finalists) only to blow it by losing to fucking Georgia.

That was a sore one to take and that was also back when I cared about the national team as well. Win or lose I don't bother anymoreΒ