With all the technology employed in F1.....why can't the interval times at the time the yellow flag is deployed be maintained by race control throughout the safety car period? I have no time for Hamilton and not much for the Dutch geezer but it seems to me that no matter what happens in a car, the people in charge of F1 put their own agendas in front of anything and everything to do with fair competition. Hamilton has benefitted massively from their promotion of him and now (as he moves toward the latter stages of what is fast becoming a young man's game) they are promoting the next decade in Verstappen. Joe Public, as always is the loser.

23 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

With all the technology employed in F1.....why can't the interval times at the time the yellow flag is deployed be maintained by race control throughout the safety car period? I have no time for Hamilton and not much for the Dutch geezer but it seems to me that no matter what happens in a car, the people in charge of F1 put their own agendas in front of anything and everything to do with fair competition. Hamilton has benefitted massively from their promotion of him and now (as he moves toward the latter stages of what is fast becoming a young man's game) they are promoting the next decade in Verstappen. Joe Public, as always is the loser.

Not really enforceable to accurately maintain gaps between all cars after a safety car is it?

So much can go wrong there and would never work 

33 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not really enforceable to accurately maintain gaps between all cars after a safety car is it?

So much can go wrong there and would never work 

When they leave the pit lane, they enforce use of the speed limiter....not a lot of difference really?

Appeal Lodged against decision. Not Surprised by that as Masi will not admit he got it wrong now will he.

We clearly need new Stewards and a Race Director for 2022. Maybe Kimi....

It is also clear that the FIA have lost all credibility. Had this not been a title decider it would have ended behind a safety car like a race did earlier in the season. A certain Verstappen benefited from that that day so no wonder Horner did not moan then or now.

Both Max and Lewis have been badly let down by Masi here.

I get that some folks do not like Hamilton but leave the racial undertones out of it. You can't be angry at what was done to Kamara and then have a go at Hamilton. Remarks about his hair, which is him embracing his own culture and having a go at him for taking the knee are vile. You need to tone it down.

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I get that some folks do not like Hamilton but leave the racial undertones out of it. You can't be angry at what was done to Kamara and then have a go at Hamilton. Remarks about his hair, which is him embracing his own culture and having a go at him for taking the knee are vile. You need to tone it down.

The fuck? :lol:

25 minutes ago, demise said:

Mercedes have only themselves to blame for not changing the tires during the virtual safety car and the actual safety car later on. Had they done that, Hamilton would have most probably had #8. Happy for Max though.

Hamilton didn't have the time to pit......he was 17 seconds ahead at the time and a pit would take 21-22 seconds....he'd come out 3-4 seconds behind Verstappen....and no real chance of catching/overtaking Verstappen.   This was not a fault of Merc strategy.....it was the fault of FIA incompetence