British League

tommyw

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Only took Liverpool 30 years. Sure we'd be champions down there in no time at all.

Liverpool and Arsenal, 2 of the 3 biggest clubs, have won it 3 times this century.

Just now, GOAT said:

And six European cups and 19 times champions of England. 

And one of those Premier Legue titles have come since Sky money changed football in Britain. This idea we'd go down there and suddenly be competing for titles every few years just because we're Rangers is mental.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Liverpool and Arsenal, 2 of the 3 biggest clubs, have won it 3 times this century.

Exactly. And they've had access to the PL riches all the time. We'd be coming in nearly 30 years late and be starting with both our hands tied behind our backs.

I think it would be good to have more competition, would be a chance to really prove what we are as a club, and seeing us play decent teams every week and not just 11 men parking the bus would be refreshing, we might not win the league as much but every game would be exciting because we'd have 4 or 5 other clubs competing instead of just the taigs

Fact of the matter is some on here would rather see us win every trophy in Scotland ten years running then maybe a couple of premier leagues, a few FA cups and maybe a CL or EL son that same time all the while playing in Europe’s top leagues, playing Europe’s top teams constantly at home and abroad in that same time.  Fair enough I love winning here aswell, it’s fucking amazing, but I know if I had the choice to pick between the two what I would choose and what would be a far better achievement for Rangers football club. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You don’t you have your own interests at heart because you’ll miss winning everything here rather than having the chance to win stuff down there and potentially European competitions.  Shambles man.  Done replying here.  Yous are genuinely talking absolute shite. 

Or we could go down there, struggle to adapt and find ourselves getting relegated. End up stuck in the championship going to places like Wycombe, Preston and Luton for years. 

There's plenty of big clubs down there, with great histories and sizable supports that achieve none of the things you've mentioned.

Just now, Iakona said:

Or we could go down there, struggle to adapt and find ourselves getting relegated. End up stuck in the championship going to places like Wycombe, Preston and Luton for years. 

There's plenty of big clubs down there, with great histories and sizable supports that achieve none of the things you've mentioned.

I think the English clubs support have a different mentality than us though 

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

Again you’ve clearly little faith on how big a club we are.  Will we have our seasons like arsenal this year, possibly and probably but will we have our seasons like arsenal 2004, abso fucking lutely. 

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

I can still remember watching Oldham Athletic and Swindon Town in the Premier League.

Just now, GOAT said:

Again you’ve clearly little faith on how big a club we are.  Will we have our seasons like arsenal this year, possibly and probably but will we have our seasons like arsenal 2004, abso fucking lutely. 

We've done it once in Scotland's top flight in 150 years.

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You don’t you have your own interests at heart because you’ll miss winning everything here rather than having the chance to win stuff down there and potentially European competitions.  Shambles man.  Done replying here.  Yous are genuinely talking absolute shite. 

The only plus point would be the match day threads watching your meltdowns when Ryan Kent runs the ball out as we chase a point away from home in a relegation battle with Stoke or some other shitey team.

Was bad enough when he done it up here and were coasting to the league.

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think a poll on this would be interesting. I’d be amazed if the majority wanted to stay in Scotland. 

So far I can only see you and one other person in favour of it on this forum so not sure why you’d be surprised 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

The only plus point would be the match day threads watching your meltdowns when Ryan Kent runs the ball out as we chase a point away from home in a relegation battle with Stoke or some other shitey team.

Was bad enough when he done it up here and were coasting to the league.

If you think we would be in a relegation battle you obviously don’t think we’re the club we are.  Nothing else really to say other than that.  If that’s the case fair enough, but I know how big a club rangers and btw the tarriers are for that matter. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I clearly didn’t mean unbeaten I meant winning the title. 

If you clearly didn't mean unbeaten, picking the one team that went unbeaten in the PL probably isn't the best example tbf. Literally any other PL champion bar that one would have been a better example.

Just now, The Dude said:

If you clearly didn't mean unbeaten, picking the one team that went unbeaten in the PL probably isn't the best example tbf. Literally any other PL champion bar that one would have been a better example.

I picked that team because someone mentioned that team and 2004 was the last time they were champions. 

Just now, GOAT said:

If you think we would be in a relegation battle you obviously don’t think we’re the club we are.  Nothing else really to say other than that.  If that’s the case fair enough, but I know how big a club rangers and btw the tarriers are for that matter. 

Having loads of fans means fuck all in that regard though. Didn't do anything to stop City being relegated, or Newcastle. European Cup wins didn't stop Forest from spending the last 20 years outside the PL. UEFA Cups for Ipswich too, Yes we're a massive club in terms of our history and support but on the pitch we're fairly average.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I picked that team because someone mentioned that team and 2004 was the last time they were champions. 

Still wasn't a great example to highlight your point. There's absolutely nothing that guarantees we'd win trophies down there - or even continue to be a club that regularly competes for them.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Being a big club doesn't mean you are guaranteed safety every season.