British League

tommyw

This is a tough call. We have all grown up accustomed to Rangers lifting silverware. If we join a British league, that will no longer be guaranteed and highly unlikely within the first five years.

But given time, we will compete. With our fan base and a share of a massive tv revenue, we will become the top five biggest clubs. That is why you always hear shite from people like Woodgate saying we wouldn't beat Bournemouth. We are a threat and they don't like it.

Also, celtic would become the most hated team in the league and I would love to see that. The idea of them joining a British league is ironic.

It's a yes from me.

13 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And how have Newcastle got on since their promotion? 

We're not as big as Man United and Liverpool so where are we in terms of stature? Arsenal, Spurs, Everton? How many trophies have they actually won between them since the Premier League was invented? 

Almost every British City has a RSC, don’t underestimate us we’re light years ahead of Arsenal, Everton or Spurs. Where we lose out is globally the  Premiership is so well promoted unless we were in a British League we’ll never be able to compete financially.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Leeds metro region includes places like Barnsley, Huddersfield, Bradford - there’s a limit to penetration in those markets. You have to also factor in Rugby League in some of the other towns where there is no real interest in football. Others it’s Rugby Union. 

Newcastle compete with Sunderland and small pockets of Rugby Union areas.

I imagine it evens itself out over the piece for potential.

England ain’t as football daft as up here .

Worked down south loads over the years and when the talk comes to football I would say half of the guys I spoke to didn’t really have an interest .

They may have had a team growing up but interest waned for different reasons .But almost all the guys that said they weren’t bothered still backed the national team .

Up here I would say it was only 70pc of the guys I met through work who had a team .Really surprised how many weren’t bothered .Into cars or some daft minority sport instead 

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Worked down south loads over the years and when the talk comes to football I would say half of the guys I spoke to didn’t really have an interest .

They may have had a team growing up but interest waned for different reasons .But almost all the guys that said they weren’t bothered still backed the national team .

Up here I would say it was only 70pc of the guys I met through work who had a team .Really surprised how many weren’t bothered .Into cars or some daft minority sport instead 

This is true. My son lives in England (most of his life) and he laughs at me when he sees me biting my nails or veins popping out of my neck when watching Rangers. He doesn't understand the passion. He does, however, always ask me what the score was or occasionally watch us. The emotion is far less in the stands around English stadiums.

The richest game in football,promotion to the epl is reckoned to be worth £170 million.
Hard to get your head round that amount of money,if we were offered that sum to join up.
As the ad on the telly say's "we need a bigger piece of the pie".

10 years ago we were talking about watching Rangers in public parks.
We owe the shower of cunts that run scottish football nothing.

Wouldn't matter to me where we are playing,and would welcome the chance to tell each and every one of them,and that includes the mutants,to GIRFUY and cheerio. :UK:

31 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

My wandering days took me around England and went to watch the team that played in blue,being Coventry,Man City,Chelsea and Luton because they played in Orange tops.
Did go to Upton Park and White Hart lane a few times and thought it was a bit tame.
Was at Old Trafford when Denis Law scored for Man City and virtually condemned them to go down,which was absolutely mental after the match,but still nothing compared to Rangers v mutants. 

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This is true. My son lives in England (most of his life) and he laughs at me when he sees me biting my nails or veins popping out of my neck when watching Rangers. He doesn't understand the passion. He does, however, always ask me what the score was or occasionally watch us. The emotion is far less in the stands around English stadiums.

Have to laugh at Liverpool and Everton fans sitting mixed in the stands.
Thought about being at the piggery and being sitting right up next to some of the scabby bastards, who love mouthing off from 10 feet and a couple of hundred plod between us.

It is the Sun right enough.... 

RANGERS and Celtic are wanted to join a British League - as part of the fall-out of the failed Euro breakaway plot.

While England’s Big Six led the humiliating retreat from the Super League debacle, they remain convinced reform of the Premier League is essential.

Top of the list is an offer to the Old Firm clubs to move south to a new-look league.

And unlike the Super League shambles, which was condemned across the game, it is likely an enlarged Premier League including Gers and Celts would be BACKED by Fifa, Uefa and the UK Government.

Rangers and Celtic could grab a lucrative slice of the Premier League cake, while their inclusion would also see a spike in interest from fans across the world, as well as sponsors and broadcasters.

One club source south of the border said: “Whether or not the European Super League was going to happen, we all feel the Premier League has to be changed and improved.

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Almost every British City has a RSC, don’t underestimate us we’re light years ahead of Arsenal, Everton or Spurs. Where we lose out is globally the  Premiership is so well promoted unless we were in a British League we’ll never be able to compete financially.

I'm not understimating us but even with all that we're still behind Man United and Liverpool. Man United and Liverpool who have 1 league title between then since 2013. 

Who knows how many Man United would have won or where they'd even be right now if it wasn't for Fergie. Also, as previously mentioned, Liverpool, a bigger club than us, went 30 years without winning the league without a one off all time great to give them unprecedented success. 

Would we do better somehow? 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Which are generally full of guys from here who moved down south. There are very few 'organic' RSCs outwith Scotland/NI 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Its without a soul. 

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm not understimating us but even with all that we're still behind Man United and Liverpool. Man United and Liverpool who have 1 league title between then since 2013. 

Who knows how many Man United would have won or where they'd even be right now if it wasn't for Fergie. Also, as previously mentioned, Liverpool, a bigger club than us, went 30 years without winning the league without a one off all time great to give them unprecedented success. 

Would we do better somehow? 

Don’t know, would depend on manager and budget.

Don’t buy into this notion English football is without “soul” what absolute bollocks.

I’ll give you that maybe the more northern you go the more into it they get.  But what absolute shite that there is no soul on English football.  

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Don’t buy into this notion English football is without “soul” what absolute bollocks.

I’ll give you that maybe the more northern you go the more into it they get.  But what absolute shite that there is no soul on English football.  

Tourist league. Can imagine the Union Bears being raging when the club have sold their seats to Asian tourists taking pictures. 

The dream. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Tourist league. Can imagine the Union Bears being raging when the club have sold their seats to Asian tourists taking pictures. 

The dream. 

What absolute shite you’ve been talking in this thread.  Away and watch videos of the Man City fans celebrating winning that tourist league in 2012 or whenever it was.  Away and watch videos of Liverpool/United/Leeds/Newcastle etc etc’s away support celebrating a goal away from home.  Most home support are shite but guess what you could extend that to us when we play at home against teams in this league aswell.  

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The dream. 

This is a proper derby game mate.

image.thumb.png.79b1510948bad979957b8220d028790d.png

You can just sense the passion:

image.thumb.png.9e9a3ed1a9b211575e11243a07cfb4b8.png

Wish the Old Firm was like this

image.thumb.png.53bfe4b48138edd1cf05d1a65fa06dd4.png

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

What absolute shite you’ve been talking in this thread.  Away and watch videos of the Man City fans celebrating winning that tourist league in 2012 or whenever it was.  Away and watch videos of Liverpool/United/Leeds/Newcastle etc etc’s away support celebrating a goal away from home.  Most home support are shite but guess what you could extend that to us when we play at home against teams in this league aswell.  

These Liverpool fans?

image.thumb.png.a652610b63bf3b0863b636742eca361f.png

24 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Don’t know, would depend on manager and budget.

Would it? Because Man United alone have had 4 managers and a billion spent since Fergie and they've managed one europa and one FA cup. 

They won the FA Cup the day, I think, we lost the cup final to Hibs and won the Europa the same season the taigs did their invincible treble. You know and I know if we'd either won the cup vs Hibs or stopped their invincible treble we would have celebrated those a helluva lot more than Man United fans celebrated either one of those achievements. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

These are the same Man City fans that can't fill their stadiums on any other league game day or even a Champions league night? But you use them as an example of real fans? Finally turning up on a day when their favourites to win the league after spending a billion quid? 

Delusional. Utterly delusional.