British League

tommyw

Infact, all it takes is for sky to turn to SPFL next tv deal and say nah not for us.  Then you’ll see the arse collapse on something!  And there’s more chance of that happening than any of these massive tv companies pulling the plug on the premier league!

Just now, GOAT said:

Infact, all it takes is for sky to turn to SPFL next tv deal and say nah not for us.  Then you’ll see the arse collapse on something!  And there’s more chance of that happening than any of these massive tv companies pulling the plug on the premier league!

That's a very real danger nobody has actually considered much.

28 minutes ago, tm91 said:

At the very worst we would suffer the fate of Newcastle, where it took serious mismanagement to lead to relegations.

Leeds are a much bigger club and have actually won a league that I can remember, they are a much better example.

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Love how you completely ignored the CL and FA comment.  But you are a “journalist” I suppose and facts are not your strong point. 

It's the FA Cup. A tournament so important Man U fucked it off one year to go play glorified friendlies.

So they haven't actually won the CL yet?

That's three trophies they haven't won yet then. They could quite easily end the season with as many trophies as Big JK this season.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s a few times I’ve seen this “arse will collapse” eventually comment.  Where the fuck is it coming from?  All I see is these teams getting richer and richer year by year.  the tv deal getting better every few years, Infact even Amazon are involved now along with BT and Sky.  The arse is not going to collapse on this at all and it’s nonsense to suggest it is. 

I never bothered adding an "imo" on the end after your pish about me not having Rangers best interests at heart.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Oh aye winning the CL sounds absolutely shocking. 🙈

Oh right you never mentioned winning it, you mentioned being in a semi final and being in 'the hunt' for a spot (presumably for next seasons tournament that we have already secured)

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I never bothered adding an "imo" on the end after your pish about me not having Rangers best interests at heart.

Simple question is it better for rangers, financially, competitively and for the chance for Rangers to go to the next level as a football club to play in a British premier league or current English premier league.  Just a yes or no answer will suffice please. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

If it happens, it happens.

It won't make us an English club.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Simple question is it better for rangers, financially, competitively and for the chance for Rangers to go to the next level as a football club to play in a British premier league or current English premier league.  Just a yes or no answer will suffice please. 

No

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Can't be answered with a yes or no unless you can tell us where Rangers are going to end up every season. We get relegated in year one and end up like Oldham are you going to tell me that's better for Rangers?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Can't be answered with a yes or no unless you can tell us where Rangers are going to end up every season. We get relegated in year one and end up like Oldham are you going to tell me that's better for Rangers?

Genuinely can’t take you seriously and never could and this just adds to that fact. 

44 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If both us and celtic are offered it, then we have to accept it.

If one and only one of us went down there, then the Scottish scene for us is dead. As much as we like to think we dont need each other, the hatred of them is vital. Beating them is vital.

We simply could not take the risk of them going and us staying.

In saying that, we wont be offered the chance. As has been said already, the other clubs wont want us as we are a major threat. 

Spot on, take one of the horses out of a 2 horse race you don't have a race anymore, as was evident when we were out of the Premiership. 

There’s probably only 4 institutions in football in this country, Rangers, Liverpool, Man Utd and them, unfortunately. 

Liverpool have won 1 title in 30 year, Man Utd haven’t even so mounted a challenge in nearly a decade. Just shows how difficult it is to win down there, with or without billionaires. 

Fuck winning a trophy every few years, celebrating an English league cup like a team like Spurs cause they win absolutely fuck all. Imagine playing in Europe once every 3 or 4 years as well? So all you’ve to look forward to is a bevy down to Manchester because you’re sitting 11th in an 18 team league with nothing to win and no European nights? No. 

It would take at least 5 years of excellent recruitment and management to start to challenge the billionaire clubs never mind win things

Financially- short term yes but not without massive pitfalls. Risk/reward strategy could easily go wrong.

Competitively- No, winning the league should always be our aim and unless you have been sleeping for the last number of years it's took us long enough to suss that out again up here against jobbers most week.

Go to next level- pretty much same answer as financially.  

Now I support Rangers the football team, not Rangers the corporate structure and I want Rangers to be successful in it's bread and butter domestic competition which is the Scottish league and i'm happy to see us do that and save our identity than sell our souls to chase a few quid in England. If that means never competing for the Champions league again then so be it, I support Rangers and don't give a fuck about any tournament we aren't in.

22 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s a few times I’ve seen this “arse will collapse” eventually comment.  Where the fuck is it coming from?  All I see is these teams getting richer and richer year by year.  the tv deal getting better every few years, Infact even Amazon are involved now along with BT and Sky.  The arse is not going to collapse on this at all and it’s nonsense to suggest it is. 

Are they getting richer though? Their revenue streams might be increasing with more TV deals and investments(which need to be returned), but so are the outgoings with contracts and transfer fee's going through the roof. Most of these clubs are having to rely on flirting around the FFP rules just to stay competitive. Meanwhile at the foot of the Prem you have clubs living well beyond their means just to keep their place in the league. Even in the championship you have teams literally gambling their long term future in chase of the dream... It's not sustainable.

Everything has ceiling and there will come a point where some clubs begin to scrape their butter over too much bread.. If everything was rosey they wouldn't be looking at reforms and super leagues.

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

madness and absolute bullshit.  

No it's not.

Absolute bullshit is selling your soul for corporate greed.

Madness is wanting to join a league regularly being slated as soulless and having lost its working class roots.

Fuck Ibrox being full of happy snapper tourists at the expense of genuine fans already struggling to afford to go, absolutely fuck it to far away from fuck as possible.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No it's not.

Absolute bullshit is selling your soul for corporate greed.

Madness is wanting to join a league regularly being slated as soulless and having lost its working class roots.

Fuck Ibrox being full of happy snapper tourists at the expense of genuine fans already struggling to afford to go, absolutely fuck it to far away from fuck as possible.

You’ve already said you’d take never winning the CL ever, as long as we could keep winning Scottish trophies and keep falling behind the big clubs even further in Europe.  No point in arguing with that.  

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You’ve already said you’d take never winning the CL ever, as long as we could keep winning Scottish trophies and keep falling behind the big clubs even further in Europe.  No point in arguing with that.  

And you already claimed I don't have Rangers best interests at heart which is beyond fucking stupid.