Jim Christie

phonak

Sorry to bother, looking for a picture for a project if possible of Jim Christie who played in the sixties? Jim was a member of our Masonic Lodge before emigrating to Australia in 1964. Didnt play too much for Rangers but when he did, played well and scored in the European Cup. Think his chances were limited due to the combination of Millar and Brand. Thanks in advance and if in the wrong forum, bump it to wherever. 

1 hour ago, phonak said:

Sorry to bother, looking for a picture for a project if possible of Jim Christie who played in the sixties? Jim was a member of our Masonic Lodge before emigrating to Australia in 1964. Didnt play too much for Rangers but when he did, played well and scored in the European Cup. Think his chances were limited due to the combination of Millar and Brand. Thanks in advance and if in the wrong forum, bump it to wherever. 

we bought jim from ayr u. after they beat us a useful player but as you say he was against the best.the team photos prob have him in them.

Not the worst first post I've seen from a 7 year lurker tbf 😂. I can't help but there are many good bears on here who are your best shot at getting something like this so good luck mate.

Random selection from the top of my head for various reasons. 

@govanblue

@eejay the dj

@tannerall

@Thermopylae

@The Dude

16 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not the worst first post I've seen from a 7 year lurker tbf 😂. I can't help but there are many good bears on here who are your best shot at getting something like this so good luck mate.

Random selection from the top of my head for various reasons. 

@govanblue

@eejay the dj

@tannerall

@Thermopylae

@The Dude

2/5 of your selections are banned 😂

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He only played 8 games in total 1961-62 Season, one against Monaco at home in the Prelim round of the EC scoring 2. He played three League games, celtic at home scoring one in a 2-2 draw. Third Lanark away scoring 2 in a 3-0 win and in a 5-1 home defeat against Dundee. Played 4 League cup ties: Dundee away, Airdrie home scored in a 4-1 win, played in both home and away games in the QF against East Fife scoring 2 in the home tie in a 3-1 win. Never made an appearance after the 5-1 home defeat to dundee in the League in November. Disappeared off the radar after that except in team pics. Still in the squad pick for 1963-64. Back row third from left.

christi.thumb.jpg.5dc9d38e930af1250ffba8f0996511e9.jpg

Pickering?. Not Ronnie, surely.

9 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He only played 8 games in total 1961-62 Season, one against Monaco at home in the Prelim round of the EC scoring 2. He played three League games, celtic at home scoring one in a 2-2 draw. Third Lanark away scoring 2 in a 3-0 win and in a 5-1 home defeat against Dundee. Played 4 League cup ties: Dundee away, Airdrie home scored in a 4-1 win, played in both home and away games in the QF against East Fife scoring 2 in the home tie in a 3-1 win. Never made an appearance after the 5-1 home defeat to dundee in the League in November. Disappeared off the radar after that except in team pics. Still in the squad pick for 1963-64. Back row third from left.

christi.thumb.jpg.5dc9d38e930af1250ffba8f0996511e9.jpg

That's a not bad record for so few games, 8 goals in 8 games is impressive but then to fall off the radar.... Would make a good pub quiz question. Cheers for the info, knew you'd have something 👍