Livingston emails out

ally62

29 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Ok I'll rephrase; every single person buying a season ticket knew that they weren't guaranteed the 19 home games and that phased returns were likely.

Agreed. 

I’m not looking for a refund or anything, but there’s not even a thanks and better luck next time communication to those that have paid and aren’t getting to go. 

The club treat the fans like a piece of shit on their shoe, and have done for years now.  Demand outstrips supply, but a wee token gesture every so often would be nice. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think they’d be removing anyone, but not naive to think they wouldn’t be ‘looking after’ certain people. 

Who are these certain people and how many we talking about, 10’s, hundreds, thousands? 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. 

I’m not looking for a refund or anything, but there’s not even a thanks and better luck next time communication to those that have paid and aren’t getting to go. 

The club treat the fans like a piece of shit on their shoe, and have done for years now.  Demand outstrips supply, but a wee token gesture every so often would be nice. 

I don't disagree the club have contempt for the support but some of the complaints in here are taking the piss

I mean imagine thinking the club are going to be excluding people from ballots ffs

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Sorry you were unsuccessful in the ballot mate.  Every season ticket holder had the same chance.  Friendlies were not included on your ST and you had to tick the box for them when renewing your ST.  The friendlies were a separate ballot.

Mate I was having a laugh 🤣

I'm fine not getting one, it was a penalty shootout and someone had to go out. 

Also, I did tick the friendlies just was unlucky not to get any.

But aye appreciate the sentiment 😁

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If you ticked friendlies and never got any you weren’t unlucky, you were shafted

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

graeme 4 beat me to the answer 

Mate there’s probably a wee bit of that going on but I doubt it’s large scale affecting hundreds or even thousands. Thats going to happen at every club though, people controlling ticket distribution are going to look after their pals if they can. You were clearly talking about names being removed from the ballot witch is completely different 

37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good shout, not sure how it could work then. 

I was talking to someone last night who suggested they should have done it by Section, so for example take all of the top tier of the SJ, Copland, Broomloan and then redistribute half of those people in the corresponding sections in the below tiers. And then reverse it for the next fixture (everyone in the bottom tiers are successful and half would move to the top tiers) if we are still under restrictions.

That seems sensible to me because it would ensure people are still together but without knowing how the ticket system totally works it does seem like it would involve a lot of manual processing. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate there’s probably a wee bit of that going on but I doubt it’s large scale affecting hundreds or even thousands. Thats going to happen at every club though, people controlling ticket distribution are going to look after their pals if they can. You were clearly talking about names being removed from the ballot witch is completely different 

if this is what you think you've either misread or misunderstood my point - if everyone was in every ballot those being " looked after " would be at every game with a ready made excuse they came out in the ballot 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye, wasn’t saying there folk excluded or industrial corruption, but if I worked there I’d be sorting my mates out (or mates of bosses as requested) as would anyone else. 

I think the fallout is being overegged here. It’s been pretty minimal. I think we can all probably agree:

- The club is shite and communicating, and not transparent in their decision making

- Fans are not well treated / rewarded 

- Folk being disappointed in not getting a ticket is natural 

- A wee bit of venting is ok

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I didn’t tick the friendlies and was offered one on the Friday.

Imagine the same will happen at the end of this week if people were successful in the ballot but can’t make it

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Aye, wasn’t saying there folk excluded or industrial corruption, but if I worked there I’d be sorting my mates out (or mates of bosses as requested) as would anyone else. 

I think the fallout is being overegged here. It’s been pretty minimal. I think we can all probably agree:

- The club is shite and communicating, and not transparent in their decision making

- Fans are not well treated / rewarded 

- Folk being disappointed in not getting a ticket is natural 

- A wee bit of venting is ok

At the end of the day if the club got the bold part right then that would go a long way to placating people.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. 

That would cause more outrage imo 😂

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

That would cause more outrage imo 😂

Maybe actually :lol: but just saying fuck all apart from the obligatory Stewart Robertson message once a year ‘fans have bought season tickets in great numbers’ is shite from the club. 

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

Who are these certain people?

I don’t know. I’m not saying there’s some mad conspiracy or even moaning about it. 

I’m sure mates of those who work in the ticket office, influential sponsors or fans, and people close to the board.