Another battle with SPFL

KingKirk

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

It's the timing though. The cinch SPFL deal was announced at the start of June iirc. SPFL had written to the member clubs about the deal beforehand where we then put forward the Rule I7 about a "pre-existing contractual obligation". 

Now this SPFL lawyer is saying we were discussing stadium naming rights with cinch in June? Wouldn't that also breach that contract obligation with having cinch all over the stadium? 

I'll say it again, if Park has fucked this up then we will never be taken seriously at a boardroom level in the SPFL again.

It’s hard not to feel concerned with our track record but there are to many unknowns here imo to draw conclusions

For all we know they’ve asked to speak to us, even pitch to us and  that’s been it

Fact is it did not  progress  - had it got anywhere down the road and been lucrative I’m sure we’d have been interested so be interesting to know what did happen. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

there is no breach without a signed contract and that’s why the lawyers at these meetings are the most important people 

I'm saying if we were discussing a stadium deal with cinch then signing that contract would also surely breach said contract obligations. Guess DP would be fine with stadium naming rights and not league sponsorship?

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Surely you would think there is some sort of paper trail of the club being paid for said contract obligation, even though that contract obligation had zero sponsorship on the shirt, stadium, media signage, anything.

For me, a self-described sponsor to have zero visible presence digitally, within the stadium or on any club publications - and vice versa using any Rangers branding or players to promote their own brand - tells me they aren't a sponsor. I don't think our contract with Parks of Hamilton is any different from the one they have with Celtic as bus provider.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because Parks of Hamilton described themselves as a sponsor standing up for sponsors' rights.

I'm not privy to the contract, redacted or otherwise, I'd suggest neither are you,  we dont know what kind of sponsorship POH give us.

Its fairly safe to assume Rangers took this battle on for bigger reasons than sponsorship, I really don't care about the rights and wrongs of us taking the fight on, I only care that we win it.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

As I have said repeatedly, we are heading for disaster under the absolute shambles that is the current board. We are an absolute embarrassment 

Amazing how many businessmen are extremely successful with their own companies but act like the Stoneybridge Olympic Bid Committee when it comes to running a football club.

4 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

I'm not privy to the contract, redacted or otherwise, I'd suggest neither are you,  we dont know what kind of sponsorship POH give us.

Its fairly safe to assume Rangers took this battle on for bigger reasons than sponsorship, I really don't care about the rights and wrongs of us taking the fight on, I only care that we win it.

They took it on with the possibility of ousting Doncaster then maybe McLennan. 

By the end of this there will be only us losing again as an agreement will be made with Park. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They took it on with the possibility of ousting Doncaster then maybe McLennan. 

By the end of this there will be only us losing again as an agreement will be made with Park. 

Off course they did.

Very pessimistic assessment based entirely on a sun newspaper story, I doubt Rangers would have took this on if they thought they wouldn't win, lets wait and see.

31 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Aye, ego. 

This revelation should be taken with a pinch of salt. So we apparently aren't displaying the cinch logo due to a dispute over it being a rival to the chairman's company, but we apparently were talking to sell the naming rights to Ibrox to the same company? Hmm, sounds like shit stirring at best. The term 'negotiations' could mean anything. Literally cinch could have enquired into the price for naming rights, we could knock it back and that could be termed as negotiating 

29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Was the Parks sponsor contract signed the same time the club found out about cinch speaking to the SPFL in May?

Probably was set down on paper due to the club finding out about the cinch deal but still an active contract before the cinch contract came into affect, I believe, in June.

3 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Probably was set down on paper due to the club finding out about the cinch deal but still an active contract before the cinch contract came into affect, I believe, in June.

Aye publically announced on the 10th of June. Member clubs were told about the potential deal well before the public announcement. Handing over a heavily redacted contract signed on the 31st of May looks sus.