One fucking hard season

Swagger

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Mental to think that for the hard man image he had right thru his career I do believe he was never sent off once in his career  until he signed for us

That would genuinely amaze me mate, watch his YouTube videos he’s an absolute animal on the park, pretty sure he admitted to deliberately setting out to brake an opponents leg ,i think it was while playing for Scotland. 

Souness would make the likes of Terry Hurlock look like a pussy cat and would eat cunts like Roy Keane for lunch 🤣

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That would genuinely amaze me mate, watch his YouTube videos he’s an absolute animal on the park, pretty sure he admitted to deliberately setting out to brake an opponents leg , i think it was while playing for Scotland. Souness would make the likes of Terry Hurlock look like a pussy cat and would eat cunts like Roy Keane for lunch 🤣

Remember his tackle in Europe when he booted the player in the balls and the commentator was amazed he got booked for it🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

It seems to get lost in all the "Souness was hard as fuck" rhetoric that he could play some sublime football as well, a real world class midfielder.:bow:

Aye mate without a doubt he was world class, I mind him playing against the tarriers at Ibrox and turned them inside out and had them chasing shadows, took the piss. Think we won 2-0 but Souness was on a different level that day, completely dominated what was thought to be a decent tarrier midfield at the time 

On 08/08/2021 at 00:22, ESWF said:

Defending a league title is always hard.  Lot of pressure on, even more so given what’s at stake.

celtic under Postecoglou won’t be as bad as made out to be. Can see both sides dropping a lot of points. Last season was a one off. 

Our first defeat in 40 and all of a sudden we are not very good. Strong guts are required. Surely our Champions deserve better. 

Don't know much about postecoglou but let's face it , anyone would be an improvement on lennon.  

It will be harder , but its early days yet , the team are just starting to get into their stride and the last thing we need right now are the fans panicking and getting on their backs . 

On 07/08/2021 at 19:53, King Jela said:

We boast about our squad depth but let a not even half fit Morelos play 70 minutes up front himself, without mixing it up, until we brought Itten on to partner him for a whole 10 minutes before bringing Defoe on to replace him. 

Why wait so fucking long? 

To be fair, Roofe would have been on but his family situation made that impossible.

The injuries and suspensions, especially in Europe, mean that we can’t get anything like a settled side at the moment.

God knows when I’ll see my personal starting eleven: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Hagi and, although we should be able to cope with one-for-one replacements, it seems the whole rhythm of the team is all over the place.

Having said that, I still think we’re the best team in the country by a long way and, as the saying goes, “form is temporary, class is permanent”

Get through this spell and we’ll do just fine.

On 07/08/2021 at 21:02, ready1873 said:

There needs to be a different formation we can switch too. That game was very similar to the pre-covid run we had where it was crying out to be switched up but we just kept trying the same thing over and over. 

@AlbertEinstein

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

4 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Probably, but I reckoned with this being a forum for Rangers fans that the intellectual ability of all those posting would be high enough that they wouldn't make reference to glorified training games....

You asked when we last seen a flash of what he could do, that was the last time we seen a flash of what he could do whether it was a glorified training match or not. People with intellectual ability know this, you are sadly lacking in this department it seems.

On 08/08/2021 at 16:05, Tiger Shaw said:

We should have won 6-0 away to Dundee United? 

When was the last time we went there and scudded them 6-0?

Fair enough, I should have changed that up a bit, but I still believe with the squad we have we should have at least put a couple goals past them.

Not to disparage two ex-Gers whose service to the club I still respect, but in our first two matches we made hard work against a team that included Jason Holt and lost to a team with Nicky Clark leading the line. For a team with CL aspirations, that just doesn’t cut it.

On 08/08/2021 at 22:35, rabc10000 said:

Remember his tackle in Europe when he booted the player in the balls and the commentator was amazed he got booked for it🤣🤣

To be fair. Archie did what all of us did in the ground that night: took a large gasp for a few seconds. And he was amazed Souness actually stayed on. To be fair, all of us did. It was a clear a red as you could see, and was even then in 1988. 

The perspective is we have lost one league game. But margins can be fine in our league and momentum is currently with them after their performance. Early indications are some of their signings could be decent and have started well whereas Lundstram etc have not hit the ground running. I still feel we have more quality in our squad but we need to return to the all action style and work ethic of last season as a few more performances like last week and we could be 3-6 points behind with work to do and pressure on everyone.