***** The Official - Alashkert v The Champions Thread *****

Bears r us

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Finny said:

Thats the exact motivation that mob need. In my mind we are too complacent and a good few players need a boot up the arss. Tonight should have been it and it and we should have done a bit of damage to up the team for Sunday but we were dire. 

Hopefully Sunday will be "it".

Just now, gazza27 said:

@qwertydid you think the game was just about to kick off and was looking for a link 

No point in lying , aye i did and have slept most of the day, what a muppet i am :(, but at least im honest lol

13 minutes ago, Finny said:

Thats the exact motivation that mob need. In my mind we are too complacent and a good few players need a boot up the arss. Tonight should have been it and it and we should have done a bit of damage to up the team for Sunday but we were dire. 

celtic have done nothing yet. Struggling in Europe at present and could end up going through an exhausting and possible injury inducing game tonight. An Old Firm is never a forgone conclusion.

8 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

celtic have done nothing yet. Struggling in Europe at present and could end up going through an exhausting and possible injury inducing game tonight. An Old Firm is never a forgone conclusion.

They leak goals when not playing spfl dross teams who sit back. Attack them and their defence folds. They have been like that for a few years now. That won't change by Sunday.

We just have to dedend better than them (not too hard) and take our chances.

One things for sure we need to change something, freshen things up because we look stale as fuck at the moment

I don’t know if it needs a new system or new personnel/different lineups but we need something to inject a bit of life into us. Gerrard always talks about reactions to bad performances but I’ve rarely seen a reaction from this group 

10 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

One things for sure we need to change something, freshen things up because we look stale as fuck at the moment

I don’t know if it needs a new system or new personnel/different lineups but we need something to inject a bit of life into us. Gerrard always talks about reactions to bad performances but I’ve rarely seen a reaction from this group 

It looks to me like the filth are trying to play full throttle football, whereas we try to play measured 2nd gear stuff. Our approach is great when we need a degree of control but not always great if we are chasing goals.

Tonight we controlled it for the most part but our lack of drive means it was always going to be nervy if we didn’t score.

We are playing through a dip in form, Travelled 3500 miles to the arse end of Europe, played in 30 degrees, lost players last minute due to Covid and controlled the game keeping a clean sheet.

Wasn't what we all wanted performance wise but could have been a lot worse.

Archived