Morelos

MacBoyd

Morelos really does lack invention when it comes to shooting of late.  Most chances that he squanders are due, in my opinion, to what appears to be a lack of invention and strikers skill.

The better strikers such as Defoe know how to create a yard to get a shot off and do so naturally.  A dummy shot dragged to the other foot, a fake pass to create enough space to get a shot away.  Meanwhile Morelos appears happy to take a shot straight at a defenders legs.

Morelos should sit down and watch this video.  Basics of striking in my opinion and should be in every forward players arsenal.

Why Defoe isn't schooling Morelos in this in his new role is anyone's guess.  Although he shouldnt have to as it should be a forwards bread and butter.

Morelos's stats and goals and in turn price tag would be through the roof if he just had a bit more craft and skill up top.

7 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Morelos really does lack invention when it comes to shooting of late.  Most chances that he squanders are due, in my opinion, to what appears to be a lack of invention and strikers skill.

The better strikers such as Defoe know how to create a yard to get a shot off and do so naturally.  A dummy shot dragged to the other foot, a fake pass to create enough space to get a shot away.  Meanwhile Morelos appears happy to take a shot straight at a defenders legs.

Morelos should sit down and watch this video.  Basics of striking in my opinion and should be in every forward players arsenal.

Why Defoe isn't schooling Morelos in this in his new role is anyone's guess.  Although he shouldnt have to as it should be a forwards bread and butter.

Morelos's stats and goals and in turn price tag would be through the roof if he just had a bit more craft and skill up top.

His ball striking  his so poor for a striker it’s probably why he isn’t picked for penalties by the manager.

11 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Aw ffs. We've got cunts sharing youtube videos telling international footballers and the club's record European goalscorer how to strike a ball :confused:

Morelos' stats at Rangers - 197 games, 99 goals and 45 assists.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aw ffs. We've got cunts sharing youtube videos telling international footballers and the club's record European goalscorer how to strike a ball :confused:

Many has he had in the league last year and this? That’s what really matters. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Many has he had in the league last year and this? That’s what really matters. 

five in fifteen this season so far with two assists

17 goals, 13 assists last season in 44.

Roofe is 6 in 12 games this season with no assists, 18 in 36 last season with three assists.

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aw ffs. We've got cunts sharing stats to counter argue that Morelos doesn't have a problem just now and would instead hide his head in the sand and pretend he's still the best striker he could possible right now. :confused:

Morelos' is currently playing very poor and doesn't seem capable of basic striking skills but we'll just ignore that cause he did it 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Aw ffs. We've got cunts sharing stats to counter argue that Morelos doesn't have a problem just now and would instead hide his head in the sand and pretend he's still the best striker he could possible right now. :confused:

Morelos' is currently playing very poor and doesn't seem capable of basic striking skills but we'll just ignore that cause he did it 2 years ago.

There's no doubting he's playing poorly just now. I don't think anyone has disputed that. However, I seriously doubt he's going to be checking RM for videos posted by folk who have played a grand total of zero minutes of professional football for tips on how to strike a ball. Nobody has suggested he's the 'best striker he could possibly be' right now but he's no different to literally every striker we've ever hard in that he's hit a bit of bad form. He's still scoring a goal every three games so far this season. (Five in fifteen)

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s not why.

It absolutely is. If we're discussing Morelos' performances (good, bad or indifferent) it includes them all, not just the ones you want to include. Winning the title is absolutely crucial but continuing to do well in the Europa League this season and the finances it brings and the longer-term impacts of the coefficient (particularly given we're not actually guaranteed CL entry for winning the title this season) remain absolutely vital.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I did have a chuckle to myself about that :lol:

I wonder if people genuinely believe professional athletes wake up one day and have forgotten how to do the basic things that they have spent much of their life working towards and dedicating more hours than I care to think about training and developing those skills.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It absolutely is. If we're discussing Morelos' performances (good, bad or indifferent) it includes them all, not just the ones you want to include. Winning the title is absolutely crucial but continuing to do well in the Europa League this season and the finances it brings and the longer-term impacts of the coefficient (particularly given we're not actually guaranteed CL entry for winning the title this season) remain absolutely vital.

How are scotlands champions not guaranteed entry to cl this season, thought the places were sorted already?